Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming (413 Views)

Full Facts About Cassava Leaves And Many More / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Top 5 Things To Know About Cassava Flour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by MirthOsas(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Greetings everyone.

I am Osas, an Electrical Engineer and an agric enthusiast. I fell in love with agriculture when I visited my grandma after my JSCE some years back especially after finding out the potentials of Cassava and Egusi farming.

I would really like to venture into Cassava and Egusi farming as I am already saving towards that. The major issue now is I lack experience.

I currently work in Enugu, but I would love the farm to be situated in my village in Edo state because of the fertile and arable lands.

I have searched the internet for knowledge on a total breakdown of how to go into Cassava and Egusi farming, but all to no avail. I am willing to learn and a means to get practical expert would be appreciated.

I'm looking forward to two years from now to start the farming adventure. Pros in the house, your inputs would be highly appreciated.
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Leogreat5: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
If u need real practical training , am available, I studied Agriculture from uniben.
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by MirthOsas(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Leogreat5:
If u need real practical training , am available, I studied Agriculture from uniben.
Oh great! How do I contact you?
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Mide3367: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Leogreat5:
olodo it is "I am" not "am"

1 Like

Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
was born into it, suffered back pain from weeding it, my bro I u need two things, experience and capital. Cassava luckily is a low maintenance crop (keep the weeds out, add fertilizer if need be and it good to go) I'll be planting it with corn this August reason being dat egusi will hinder my weeding which is a combination of chemical and manual(ring weeding)(I planted corn and egusi and had to spray through it with glyphosphate while weeding the corn)
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by MirthOsas(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2021
ekerensima:
was born into it, suffered back pain from weeding it, my bro I u need two things, experience and capital. Cassava luckily is a low maintenance crop (keep the weeds out, add fertilizer if need be and it good to go) I'll be planting it with corn this August reason being dat egusi will hinder my weeding which is a combination of chemical and manual(ring weeding)(I planted corn and egusi and had to spray through it with glyphosphate while weeding the corn)
Thanks buddy.

Financing the project wouldn't be a problem, experience right now is the main deal.
Besides, I need help with with the following questions and your reply would be really helpful.
1. What's the best time to plant Cassava and Egusi respectively?
2. How much would it cost roughly to plant Cassava and Egusi on an hectare of land?
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
MirthOsas:

Thanks buddy.

Financing the project wouldn't be a problem, experience right now is the main deal.
Besides, I need help with with the following questions and your reply would be really helpful.
1. What's the best time to plant Cassava and Egusi respectively?
2. How much would it cost roughly to plant Cassava and Egusi on an hectare of land?

I can only answer 1 cus right now we farm below 2acres, basically family stuff.
the best time for me is March or whenever rain begins in your area, but be prepared to weed at least 2 times. but to cut down weeding cost, plant in October as you will only weed once till before harvest(that is if the land is fertile enough.

sorry for confusing you but you can plant anytime of the year including dry season (yes dry season)
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Leogreat5: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
This is my WhatsApp numba---07038536199.

Oh great! How do I contact you?[/quote]
Re: Help Me Learn About Cassava Farming by Leogreat5: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol..Thank you for the correction.

olodo it is "I am" not "am"

(1) (Reply)

Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn / My Profitable Cucumber Farm / Let's Do 2022 Bigger, Better And More Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.