Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,138 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:51 AM

Princess Oghene: Why I Give students Scholarship To Study Fashion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Princess Oghene: Why I Give students Scholarship To Study Fashion (572 Views)

Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes / Trump Approves Embassy Scholarships To Study In USA (bsc, Msc Phd) For African / Apply For This Scholarship To Study At University Of Toronto, Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Princess Oghene: Why I Give students Scholarship To Study Fashion by Tonydivinep: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2021
In a bid to reduce unemployment in the country, GMYT Fashion Academy through its foundation initiative, GMYT Foundation has offered N10 million worth of scholarships to ten prospective students in fashion.

The Foundation said its goal is to train over 5,000 youths before 2030.

The Chief Executive Officer of the Academy, Princess Oghene made this known at the event marking her birthday in Lagos.

She said: "We gave over 20 scholarships worth N20million, this is just our own little way of reducing unemployment through fashion so that our community would be a better and safer place for us all to leave in and we are not stopping anytime soon."

Oghene while expressing joy over her life and the journey so far within one year said; "It is another amazing year of my life and I am so glad for what I have been able to achieve thus far. Though I must say it hasn’t been an easy journey but through God, hard work, determination and the drive to succeed has taken us to where we are today."

"In the spirit of my birthday celebration on July 19, GMYT Fashion Academy is giving out free scholarships to 10 prospective students worth over N10 million through our foundation initiative (GMYT Foundation).

According to her, "Excellence they say is the gradual result of always striving to do better. We have indeed worked really hard and It’s obviously paying off."

Reflecting on the journey so far, Oghene said, "The value we have brought into our community is indeed amazing. Just a snippet on what we have been able to achieve in the last one year, we acquired a state of art Fashion Academy with over 10 en-suite well air-conditioned executive classrooms, free wifi for the students, security e.t.c

"I am excited to say we just reached another milestone by launching our own Penthouse (The GMYT Apartments).

"As a way of giving back to the society, we specifically provided this free accommodation for our distant students who have no place to stay during their period of learning with Gmyt fashion academy.

"We have also been able to strengthen our online class platform, enabling our distant students to learn from the comfort of their homes and office. The results have been outstanding as our online students all over Nigeria and abroad are doing absolutely well. Aside from all these, we have also added a lot of benefits to our program here in the academy."

She said the aim is to give the best learning experience. "Some of these benefits are mentorship, internship, free start-up kits, free textbooks, free sewing machine, standard learning facility, flexible payment plan and job placement.

"Through God, we will never relent to give back to the society by empowering more men and women. Today we can boldly say that we have trained hundreds of men and women for free, who are now doing very well in the fashion industry. We identify unemployment as the constraints in the society hence also tackling this through our Gmyt SME support scheme initiative."

While advising young entrepreneurs, she said;" Don't just go into a business because someone is into it. Have the passion for it first, Start small; just like I'll tell our students, you don't need millions of naira to start a fashion business. Take advantage of social media platforms and promote your business or go into a partnership if you can't afford to do it alone."

(1) (Reply)

Israeli Filmmakers: Our Arrest And Torture By DSS / Total Nigeria Retires Top Executive Director, Patrick Olinma Over Bribery. / Biography Of Dr. Christian Oyirinda Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.