Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... (2145 Views)

Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 19, 2021
#HAUSA
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself.

#YORUBA
Lagos has for 20 years opposed every Governor and has formented strife and bloodshed in the hinterland…, I have spent the best part of my life in Africa; my aim has been the betterment of the natives for whom I have been ready to give my life. But after some 29 years, and after nearly 12 years as Governor here, I am free to say that the people of Lagos and indeed the westerners are the lowest, the most seditious and disloyal, the most purely prompted by self-seeking money motives of any people I have met.

#IGBO
These people of predominantly Eastern Nigeria are fiercely rebellious with no regard for authority. Though industrious and religious, in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with power.
What do think ? Do you think he is right ? Do you think this is the major reason why ,they invited the normadic (Fulanis) to govern the affairs of indigenous Nigerians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by stonemasonn: 2:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Lol. He was expecting the indigenous people to worship him like a god...he must have warned her majesty to keep this people divided else they'll one day overthrow the throne.

6 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Lifestone(m): 5:10am On Jul 19, 2021
What's your source?

3 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by onumadu: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:
What's your source?

Source kwa? Google is your source.
Just copy the words and dump it in Google and there you will find the source.

Example: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/was-the-amalgamation-of-northern-and-southern-nigeria-in-1914-a-mistake-2/

1 Like

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Lifestone(m): 5:24am On Jul 19, 2021
onumadu:

Source kwa? Google is your source.
Just copy the words and dump it in Google and there you will find the source.

Example: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/was-the-amalgamation-of-northern-and-southern-nigeria-in-1914-a-mistake-2/
You see yourself? The proper thing to do is to indicate your source when you assert in a public forum. It brings more confidence to your write-up

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by onumadu: 5:31am On Jul 19, 2021
#HAUSA
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself.

Choi! Chineke! o.

These traits can be found in Boko Haram, Bandits, Fulani herdsmen, Iswap, Ansaru and all their supporters in government.
They always go for the puzzzy and they have zero morals.

9 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Elmaaq: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
9jah:
#HAUSA

#YORUBA
Lagos has for 20 years opposed every Governor and has formented strife and bloodshed in the hinterland…, I have spent the best part of my life in Africa; my aim has been the betterment of the natives for whom I have been ready to give my life. But after some 29 years, and after nearly 12 years as Governor here, I am free to say that the people of Lagos and indeed the westerners are the lowest, the most seditious and disloyal, the most purely prompted by self-seeking money motives of any people I have met.

#IGBO
These people of predominantly Eastern Nigeria are fiercely rebellious with no regard for authority. Though industrious and religious, in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with power.
What do think ? Do you think he is right ? Do you think this is the major reason why ,they invited the normadic (Fulanis) to govern the affairs of indigenous Nigerians?

Na set up so the country won't progress, and decades later Nigeria remains backwards with no true progress
Very cunning man but it ends this Year Insha Allah

4 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by selemempe: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2021
If the yorubas opposed every governor sent to govern them, then they are also rebellious like the Igbos.

So if he couldn't trust igbos with power for being rebellious, then he wouldn't trust the yorubas either.

10 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by theTranslator: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2021
So when did a racist empirical idiot become a shining light that you post this trash by 2 am? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by yungpowers(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2021
O boy! shocked shocked shocked
Sh!t is still like that. May thunder continue to faya Lugard wherever he is. cry cry
It has never worked and will never work but some disgruntled looters will never want to split the useless union as long as it keeps furnishing their luxuries.

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by PrincessGlow: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2021
yungpowers:
O boy! shocked shocked shocked
Sh!t is still like that. May thunder continue to faya Lugard wherever he is. cry cry
It has never worked and will never work but some disgruntled looters will never want to split the useless union as long as it keeps furnishing their luxuries.

We are waaayy too intertwined to just split like that. Confederation, maybe. But we'll never get to a scenario where a Nigerian needs a visa to go to another part of Nigeria.
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by PrincessGlow: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2021
9jah:
#HAUSA
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist,

The term "Hausa-Fulani" is a recent coinage and did not exist in those days. Which renders your post suspicious

4 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by esnbrutality: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Almajiri Afonja and their useless Fulani masters will say that LORD LUGARD is IPOB!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2021
Lol.

We see the intent behind this post and we recognize it for what it is.

A desperate yearning to be accepted and seen in a good light.
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by oluztx: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2021
Igbo description is very appropriate...very rebellious and zero regard for elders. In fact their elders fear them.

Yorubas, what can I say, disloyal is in their blood. This is how they are naturally!

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by AntiBeEmCe(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2021
They knew this, yet they decided to put the diseased and gravely immoral man as the head of this concoction they created. They are worse than the devil himself, these British people and that their queen wey no dey die.
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Mastakija(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2021
esnbrutality:
Almajiri Afonja and their useless Fulani masters will say that LORD LUGARD is IPOB!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
what is this one saying

3 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by delpee(f): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2021
You can't expect an oppressor to have anything good to say about those who are not happy with his style of governance. Our forefathers had to do whatever it takes to get the leeches off their backs. That of course would have brought out the worst in them like any normal human being. The circumstances wasn't the right basis to judge anyone.

Who says the British of that era were better? Slave dealers and merchants who partitioned Africa for their selfish interests.

2 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2021
Isn't it amazing that the people he praised the most are the ones that are fond of cursing him
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by PrincessGlow: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
oluztx:
Igbo description is very appropriate...very rebellious and zero regard for elders. In fact their elders fear them.

Yorubas, what can I say, disloyal is in their blood. This is how they are naturally!

Elders like Bubu? Who elders epp
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by oluztx: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Isn't it amazing that the people he praised the most are the ones that are fond of cursing him

You expect us to leak his azz because he praised us even when he was wrong? You afonjas reason a certain I swear!

1 Like

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Factshunter: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
Fu.c.k Lord Lugard or whatever he called himself in the grave.
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
oluztx:

You expect us to leak his azz because he praised us even when he was wrong? You afonjas reason a certain I swear!
He praised Igbos because Igbos were the most loyal to them, Deference? industrious? Religious?, Coming from a racist this is high praise, it was Igbos who profited the most from the British in terms of education, healthcare, trade etc

Anyways the asslicking hasn't ended IPOB-Britain

And some morons say they left Nigeria to the Northerners.
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by oluztx: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
LordVoldermort:
He praised Igbos because Igbos were the most loyal to them, Deference? industrious? Religious?, Coming from a racist this is high praise, it was Igbos who profited the most from the British in terms of education, healthcare, trade etc

Ewu afonja, It's called merit. If whites were still in charge, all top schools in Lagos and the country will be occupied by Igbos since they score the top scores in unity school and WAEC

4 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Blaine756(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
9jah:
#HAUSA

#YORUBA

#IGBO

You spew this without giving a reference to the book. That's bad

1 Like

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
oluztx:

Ewu afonja, It's called merit. If whites were still in charge, all top schools in Lagos and the country will be occupied by Igbos since they score the top scores in unity school and WAEC
Then why kick the whites out, Hubris? Stupidity?
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by jude79(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Understand that lugard was reporting to United kingdom, check his statement "in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with power" What lugard is saying is that, given Igboes power will liberate the indigenous people from British shackles because the country will become too powerful, and can't easily be controlled by the British government therefore they should not be trusted with power.

The yorubas will frustrate British plan to control the country and will not be loyal to the British government, infact they will opt out in order to control their own destiny, therefore they should not be trusted with power.

The fulanis are a disaster, and will keep the country in disarray, no progress will be recorded because they are not ambitious, that way an outsider can easily siphon the resources of the country. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE BRITISH WANTS, SO THE FULANIS WERE GIVEN THE POWER.

6 Likes

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
jude79:

Understand that lugard was reporting to United kingdom, check his statement "in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with power" What lugard is saying is that, given Igboes power will liberate the indigenous people from British shackles because the country will become too powerful, and can't easily be controlled by the British government therefore they should not be trusted with power.

The yorubas will frustrate British plan to control the country and will not be loyal to the British government, infact they will opt out in order to control their own destiny, therefore they should not be trusted with power.

The fulanis are a disaster, and will keep the country in disarray, no progress will be recorded because they are not ambitious, that way an outsider can easily siphon the resources of the country. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE BRITISH WANTS, SO THE FULANIS WERE GIVEN THE POWER.

grin Interesting plot twist

1 Like

Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:46am On Jul 20, 2021
Elmaaq:

Na set up so the country won't progress, and decades later Nigeria remains backwards with no true progress
Very cunning man but it ends this Year Insha Allah
see as u believe a white fool saying his nonsense observation... Besides what is written there are baseless exaggerations... And Nigeria isn't hausa igbo Yoruba alone... So this is inconsequential
Re: What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... by BSsniffer: 4:11am On Jul 20, 2021
Some flatin0 chimps feeling funky over the opinions of some stupid brit gay....lol Yoruba's are money lovers and disloyal...lol I laugh in hebrew, we all know the tribe who can use their mothers for money ritual and peddle drugs in asia just for mula...as for disloyalty, I'd like to ask lugard if expects the Yoruba's to be loyal to his slave merchant brits? Stupid post. I have a craving to locate lugards grave site and take a piss and poo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu's Brutal Response / Man Arrested With 18 Human Skulls In Ogun / Attack In Ojo: What Alaba Traders And Leaders Must Do Now In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.