Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (38923 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ektbear: 3:59am On May 15, 2011
How much money does your average black woman spend a month on her hair, do you think? Or per year, if that # is easier to guesstimate.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:00am On May 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

@tpia: Who is that? She is very cute

found her on google.

and yes, she's very cute.

@ topic

the hair can be shaped into different types of styles eg:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_MxNqONrSknY/ST3QqPErggI/AAAAAAAAA5Q/9qRvC5vAjxo/s400/Hair044-vi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://khamitkinks.files./2009/05/natural-hair-bridal-style-kemi.jpg?w=299&h=268[/img]

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Jenifa1: 4:04am On May 15, 2011
kandiikane:

I do not know why Africans cannot accept diversity and variation.

hey there is diversity and variation. yes
but i'm talking about majority here. majority of black folks have nappy hair. lol
at least non-fulani, non-east african, non-mixed, non-kandikane lol
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:10am On May 15, 2011
now, some west africans have oprah type hair, which is very long, but i'd say most dont.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_6aAGaLxLiRc/SwRLBbao8II/AAAAAAAAAm0/sPyJk5c7DTg/s640/oprah1-natural-hair1.jpg[/img]

yaya dacosta [she's mixed however]

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:14am On May 15, 2011
@jenifa lool, oh no, my hair when dry and brushed out without cream can look "nappy" (not like yours though but Afro  grin) but "un-nappifies" when I cream or wet it.

@tpia that is because they do not look after it.

Ancient Africans hair used to be long but all these chemicals and recent developments for black hair just stagnates the growth
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:16am On May 15, 2011
not sure what this guy's doing:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:20am On May 15, 2011
Those are the Himba people(the people that colour themselves red) and hair style. They are using clay on the hair. The women's hair are of a bigger twist
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Jenifa1: 4:20am On May 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

How much money does your average black woman spend a month on her hair, do you think? Or per year, if that # is easier to guesstimate.

I really don't know. but I do not that black women on average spend WAY more on haircare than other races.
http://blogs.newamericamedia.org/yo/1704/black-women-spend-80-more-on-beauty-products
http://atlantapost.com/2011/05/11/what-spending-a-half-a-trillion-dollars-on-hair-care-and-weaves-says-about-us/

kandiikane:

@jenifa lool, oh no, my hair when dry and brushed out without cream can look "nappy" (not like yours though but Afro  grin) but "un-nappifies" when I cream or wet it.

oh ok. I am sitting here thinking you had ethiopian hair or something. tongue
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:23am On May 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

'

How does that concern you?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:23am On May 15, 2011
AA woman two hundred or so years ago:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:25am On May 15, 2011
african hair braiding:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:27am On May 15, 2011
love these styles:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:34am On May 15, 2011
Ancient Africans hair used to be long but all these chemicals and recent developments for black hair just stagnates the growth

seriously doubt the bolded since even the ancient greeks and ancient egyptians still spoke of and depicted blacks with cloud-like hair.

black melanasians, however can have straight, caucasian hair.

but i agree chemicals and other treatments do damage hair, and this cuts across races in general.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:38am On May 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

oh ok. I am sitting here thinking you had ethiopian hair or something.  tongue

I am not ethiopian. I am a cross breed between your 60% "nappy" and Fulani hair.

tpia@:

seriously doubt the bolded since even the ancient greeks and ancient egyptians still spoke of and depicted blacks with cloud-like hair.

but i agree chemicals and other treatments do damage hair, and this cuts across races in general.

I did not say long in the sense as straight hair but long in the sense as thick and long natural afro hair
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:40am On May 15, 2011
tpia@:

I will come to you on that. I was doing research on this matter "ancient Egypt and Black hair"
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:40am On May 15, 2011
does anyone know how to google "threading" ie those twists you make with chinese thread.

hairdressers used to work wonders with those things but unfortunately the styles arent considered pc.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ektbear: 4:44am On May 15, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

'

How does that concern you?
I don't ever remember claiming it did. Nor do I see how that is relevant to me asking the question.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:44am On May 15, 2011
Is this what you mean?

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:45am On May 15, 2011
no one is talking about the smell, the ooze. disgusting.

im pretty hypersensitive to smells so i know. no matter how neat and clean the babe is after a few days it starts to smell.  they walk under the sun or do acivity, sweat from the pores on their head yet no cleaning for months.

asked one once, she said something about pink oil and sprays, thats even worse, u oil up dirty scalp,

freaky, then they keep it for months, esp the hungry wannabes in naija, braids last four to six months minimum as a cost saving gimmick. thats months of having ur head not touched by water, downright dirty.

funny thing is thats the easiest way to know a woman who has grown some practical commonsense, the cut the hair and wear cute little styles. check most 40 plus women, exception being the illiteratw alhajas who had a deprived upbringing and are obliged to go crazy in middle age, and the ibo women, jeez.

i wont be sleeping in the same bed with my wife or getting all cuddly if she insists on doing the damn things for sure.   but then in their favor, some men are so obtuse and ignorant that they truly lke tarts, ibo men esp.

bottomline is whatever works for u, but most definitely women that roc these things are very very dirty lazy people
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:47am On May 15, 2011
smiley

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 4:49am On May 15, 2011
Is this what you mean?

yes, that one.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_ypS3mHulk1w/TAhoNnKQdlI/AAAAAAAAHug/57dejb4kiyg/s400/JD_Ojeikere_11.jpg[/img]

it straightens out the hair wonderfully but most modern women wouldnt be caught dead wearing it in public and especially not overseas.

besides, it was used to portray the borg queen in star trek.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 4:51am On May 15, 2011
4llerbuntu:

no one is talking about the smell, the ooze. disgusting.

im pretty hypersensitive to smells so i know. no matter how neat and clean the babe is after a few days it starts to smell.  they walk under the sun or do acivity, sweat from the pores on their head yet no cleaning for months.

asked one once, she said something about pink oil and sprays, thats even worse, u oil up dirty scalp,

freaky, then they keep it for months, esp the hungry wannabes in naija, braids last four to six months minimum as a cost saving gimmick. thats months of having your head not touched by water, downright dirty.

funny thing is thats the easiest way to know a woman who has grown some practical commonsense, the cut the hair and wear cute little styles. check most 40 plus women, exception being the illiteratw alhajas who had a deprived upbringing and are obliged to go crazy in middle age, and the ibo women, jeez.

i wont be sleeping in the same bed with my wife or getting all cuddly if she insists on doing the damn things for sure.   but then in their favor, some men are so obtuse and ignorant that they truly lke tarts, ibo men esp.

bottomline is whatever works for u, but most definitely women that roc these things are very very dirty lazy people

Just because you have had bad experiences with weave wearers (most likely eaten all your money) does not mean you have to accuse all of them of having stinking weaves and also  laziness.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 5:06am On May 15, 2011
smiley

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 5:09am On May 15, 2011
smiley

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 5:11am On May 15, 2011
people from the sixties had some amazing hair threading, and strangely the hair did seem longer- maybe because it wasnt permed or something.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 5:15am On May 15, 2011
The fulanis tend to cornrow their hair very tiny. I hated it so much especially when I had to take my hair out.

@Tpia, do you mean 60s in America?

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 5:26am On May 15, 2011
no, sixties in nigeria.

americans dont thread their hair.

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 5:29am On May 15, 2011
very elegant:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by InkedNerd(f): 6:37am On May 15, 2011
@kandiikane: Do you keep your hair its natural state?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by queensmith: 6:50am On May 15, 2011
Its very very ironic that the photographs most of you posted are not natural at all, theres still extensions chemicals and the likes
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 9:15am On May 15, 2011
I am going to stop my girl from using chemicals on her hair, its either she takes my advise or she loses the admirations she constantly gets from me.

Why do girls want to look the same way like every other girl? why can't you just be salient? different from others?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by queensmith: 10:26am On May 15, 2011
10cirenoh:

I[b] am going to stop my girl from using chemicals on her hair[/b], its either she takes my advise or she loses the admirations she constantly gets from me.

Why do girls want to look the same way like every other girl? why can't you just be salient? different from others?

spoken like a typical Nigerian man! *smh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Bou Bou Gown Styles That Will Get You Looking Unique / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos) / Yoweri Museveni Tells Quiin Abenakyo To Stop Wearing Wig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.