Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Defection: Don’t Dare Me, Governor Matawalle Warns Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Don’t Dare Me, Governor Matawalle Warns Deputy (394 Views)

I Am Only Respecting Tinubu. If You Dare Me, I Will Surprise You - Fubara / Wike To Akpabio: Shut Up, Don't Dare Me Or I Will Teach You A Lesson / Obaseki: “No One Made Me Governor” (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Defection: Don’t Dare Me, Governor Matawalle Warns Deputy by oaktvnigeria11: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
The Governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, has threatened to give his deputy, Mahdi Aliyu, “the treatment he deserves” if he dares him.

The gap appears to be widening between Matawalle and Aliyu, after the governor dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Aliyu has refused to follow Matawalle to APC and even addressed a rally of the PDP, the platform that brought the two of them to power, to reaffirm his loyalty to the party.

His decision has left Matawalle unimpressed. He told the Hausa Service of Deutsch Welle on Saturday, that he was getting fed up with Aliyu’s disrespectful attitude.

Read Also: Zamfara: Gov Matawalle devastated over killing of 13 police officers

“I won’t join issues with him. But if he dares me, I will give him the treatment he deserves,” Matawalle said, hours after the State House of Assembly invited Aliyu to come and explain why he held the rally without considering the current security situation in Zamfara State and ”in disrespect of advice by the security authorities in the state.”

There are suspicions that the House of Assembly’s summons may be the first step by the legislative arm towards impeaching Aliyu.

The legislators have already switched camps from the PDP to the APC.

source: https://newstrack.oak.tv/defection-dont-dare-me-governor-matawalle-warns-deputy/

Re: Defection: Don’t Dare Me, Governor Matawalle Warns Deputy by ignis: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Naija politics is disgusting

(1) (Reply)

Most Ethnic Groups Defend Their Rogues / Why Do I Get Worried When Power Supply Lasts For 24 Hours? / Biafra Freedom Fighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.