Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) (68158 Views)

Seye Dairo Resigns As Jandor's Campaign DG, Endorses Rhodes-Vivour / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by funkekemi(f): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
Zico777:

Are u ok?
yes I'm perfectly , my Igbo brothers in imo state and abia state they have been killing without mercy so j don't pity them if anything happens to them ,even if I'm the only one to rescue ,I will simply let them die
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Racoon:
To think that this is the same news that the NAF under this APC utterly denounced as fake news yestdy as in a statement signed by the NAF spokesman, tells a lot about the nauseating lies and insincerity of the govt. What a country.Thank God for survival young pilot.
I wholehewrtedly support this kind of denial. The Nigerian media is not trained. You expected them to have accepted that and put the pilot's life at risk? It is only in Nigeria that the media gets and leaks classified info about ongoing military operations without consequences. In saner climes, men nd women of the press have to clear with the military hierarchy before publishing any report on military operations but not so in Nigeria. We must wake up and gag the press (if need be and pls don't come here a talk about freedom of infor because even America that is the greatest democracy restricts flow of information that relates to national security) if we must win the war on terrror.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by ZiggyMr(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
FarahAideed:
Jesus !!!!! This is my guy ooooo...chei chei Chei..God be praised God be Praised God be Praised , God be praised God be Praised ...

Ha the Airforce even denied this yesterday

God forbid bad thing ..You will live long and reach the Pinnacle of your career !!!! and retire safely

Adupeo
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by adebwalex(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
FarahAideed:
Jesus !!!!! This is my guy ooooo...chei chei Chei..God be praised God be Praised God be Praised , God be praised God be Praised ...

Ha the Airforce even denied this yesterday

God forbid bad thing ..You will live long and reach the Pinnacle of your career !!!! and retire safely

Thank God for his life. His parent must really be a prayer warrior...
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Mrdigitech(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
He likely used the Compass App on his smartphone. That app relies on the earth's magnetic field to show you the right direction.
obadfirst:
Firstly, thank God for safe return of the young pilot.
Now to the main issues.
Why did the NAF deny the crash?
Bandit not Boko Haram now have anti aircraft weapon to ground NAF alpha jet's.

Network no dey north, but pilot get GSM network use GPS for inside bush take locate closes arm formation.

Make una continue dey mumu unaself for this country.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by President99: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
This pilot is a hero
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by plankyjacky(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thank God for the pilot life.
I think the rate at which Nigeria aiforce lost her fighter jets to Boko harm and banditory in our territory should be a thing of concern.
Three months ago it was in taraba ,we lost both plane and crews, just like kaduna and now zanfara
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by lebete3000: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by stieyven(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
i thought they said that there was no crash, woe unto you who parades in military uniform screaming one Nigeria cos truly I tell you your death shall be in vain
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Myself2(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
In the Nigeria Armed Forces junior officers hug their superiors ?
Wonders will never end.

It shows that they are just sissies and very unprofessional.
What a needless display of civilian emotion. What a joke
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Skoonheid(f): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
The same military that fed me from birth till I turn adult ?

Fed you until you became an idiot and a nuisance at 40. Thank God your dad isn't alive to see the asshole you've become.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by sslcrypt: 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
[quote author=samonak post=103873665][/quote]

I thought as much, te question is why should the alpha jet be flying that low?

It's not designed for such operations since majority of the time it's tasked to clear bottlenecks during fierce battles.

It's worrying because what that means is that helicopter gunship can easily be knocked out from the sky.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by dannie007(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nigeria Military Can Lie!! Fighter Jet with no Co Pilot? How nah? Abi Airforce don dey lack Pilot or wetin really Happen?
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by meetirimiya: 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
omophunky:
But they said nothing happened now !
They quickly denied the news when it broke out... shameless Nigerian security
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by vickyoluchi: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thank God oo
Maybe there is a covenant child among them
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
God I thank you o. Person wey God no kill, no amount of sabotage fit kill am. He no dey die go anywhere.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Thetruthalways: 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
In the Nigeria Armed Forces junior officers hug their superiors ?
Wonders will never end.
Is it against Armed forces act or what?....what sort of question is this?....if a news was published that he was punished because a jnr officer hugged his superior, u guys will start posting pictures of how it is normal in the States and other country....
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Thetruthalways: 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
aylive02:
more to crash with APC in power
Hope you are also aware that pilots are trained more by this government...and flight are also carried out more...

1 Like

Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Kandeed: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
Sunday2021 if you can see this thread then ur nothing but a gullible stupid idiot

shey we were wishing bad on the country when we countered the denial yesterday?? now what is this?? NAF agreed to the crash or no? demented imbeciile
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by gbagyiza: 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
So, Bandits now have the capability n firepower to bring down an Alfa jet. We r in a serious war.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Kandeed: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Temptee101:

Amen!!

I read your post with goosebumps all over me and tears nearly falling from my eyes.

This vibrant, cool-headed looking young man narrowly escaped death.

I just imagined, how devastated his family will be if anything had happened to him.

How you would've received the news of your friend's death if he had died. God forbid!

Our silly military had already denied there was a crash. If he didn't make it out alive, they would've stood to their ground that nothing happened.

I say Amen again to your prayers over his head.

goosebumps and tears all over ur eyes unto weytin?? you be small pikin undecided mtcheww
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Kandeed: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2021
samonak:

They were able to hit the alpha Jet because he was flying at a very low altitude which was well within de range of their anti aircraft guns. Because the Jets do not have sufficient loiter time or precision bombs they have to fly very low in order to lob their bombs. That's why the Tucano jets and attack helicopters come in handy because they can loiter or hang over target area and do their thing. The Alphas are not designed for ground attack, they're mainly jet trainers. The NAF had to improvise and make do with what they had.

This tucano will be worse cuz that one is even more slow and ion even think it can fly that high
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Kandeed: 12:13am On Jul 20, 2021
Skoonheid:
The same military that fed me from birth till I turn adult ?

Fed you until you became an idiot and a nuisance at 40. Thank God your dad isn't alive to see the asshole you've become.

Lmao grin grin

no chills mehn
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by samonak(m): 12:15am On Jul 20, 2021
sslcrypt:

I thought as much, te question is why should the alpha jet be flying that low?

It's not designed for such operations since majority of the time it's tasked to clear bottlenecks during fierce battles.

It's worrying because what that means is that helicopter gunship can easily be knocked out from the sky.

Most times, since choppers are vulnerable to RPG or rocket attack launched from the ground the NAF usually goes on missions with a combination of choppers, ISR ( Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) planes together with fighter jets (usually Alphas or F-7s) the ISR equipped with powerful radar or cameras pin point targets, the jets take them out while the choppers mop up softer targets. With this arrangement the choppers are relatively safe.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by samonak(m): 12:24am On Jul 20, 2021
Kandeed:

This tucano will be worse cuz that one is even more slow and ion even think it can fly that high

That's a wrong assumption, the Super Tucano, a turbo propeller driven jet is specifically designed for counter insurgency operations. It's has sufficient loiter time, I.e. it can hover/ hang around targets and deliver bombs or packets with relative precision, an advantage which the fast moving Jets like F-7s or Alphas do not possess. As a result they over run their target area n hit de wrong mark, a situation that occurred in Rann - Borno state where an IDP camp was inadvertently bombed.

2 Likes

Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by samonak(m): 12:42am On Jul 20, 2021
nedekid:

Congrats to the officer. But this story is not complete, Nigeria airforce alpha Jets are all 2 seaters!
Where is the Co pilot?

Not all are 2- seaters, those with 2- seaters are usually Trainers. Used for training purposes, I.e. the instructor pilot as well as the student. Or the Pilot and WSO ( weapon system officer)/ RIO ( radar intercept officer) or Bombardier/ Navigator.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by Kandeed: 12:47am On Jul 20, 2021
samonak:

That's a wrong assumption, the Super Tucano, a turbo propeller driven jet is specifically designed for counter insurgency operations. It's has sufficient loiter time, I.e. it can hover/ hang around targets and deliver bombs or packets with relative precision, an advantage which the fast moving Jets like F-7s or Alphas do not possess. As a result they over run their target area n hit de wrong mark, a situation that occurred in Rann - Borno state where an IDP camp was inadvertently bombed.

ok thanks for the knowledge shared....but my point still is, if an alpha jet that moves faster and hardly wait/loiter can be shot down by bandits and then you said Tucanos can hover/hang bout bandits locations dishing out bombs....don't you think it'll be easy for bandits to bring it down by using whatever weapon they use in crashing an Alpha jet??
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by samonak(m): 12:49am On Jul 20, 2021
realoscar84:
Lack of professionalism. Too much display of emotion na im dey cause am. This hugging can be done behind the door not in the full glare of camera because it sends the wrong signal.

Those are pictures of American soldiers hugging, you can even see some hugging the C- in -C. Soldiers are human and not robots without feelings or emotion, hugging doesn't make you less of a soldier or unprofessional.

Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by samonak(m): 12:57am On Jul 20, 2021
Kandeed:

ok thanks for the knowledge shared....but my point still is, if an alpha jet that moves faster and hardly wait/loiter can be shot down by bandits and then you said Tucanos can hover/hang bout bandits locations dishing out bombs....don't you think it'll be easy for bandits to bring it down by using whatever weapon they use in crashing an Alpha jet??

Most times, since choppers are vulnerable to RPG or rocket attack launched from the ground the NAF usually goes on missions with an assortment of choppers, ISR ( Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) planes together with fighter jets (usually Alphas or F-7s) the ISR equipped with powerful radar or cameras pin point targets, the jets take them out while the choppers mop up softer targets. With this arrangement the aircrafts are relatively safe.
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by nedekid: 6:23am On Jul 20, 2021
samonak:

Not all are 2- seaters, those with 2- seaters are usually Trainers. Used for training purposes, I.e. the instructor pilot as well as the student. Or the Pilot and WSO ( weapon system officer)/ RIO ( radar intercept officer) or Bombardier/ Navigator.
Alpha Jets by default is an advanced trainer that may also be used for light attack. There us no single seater varient. They are all built as 2 seater. As far as I know, Nigeria airforce has not cut them up into single seater.

"Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1982-83,[82] Flight International[13]

General characteristics

Crew: 2
Length: 13.23 m (43 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 9.11 m (29 ft 11 in)
Height: 4.19 m (13 ft 9 in)
Wing area: 17.5 m2 (188 sq ft)
Aspect ratio: 4.8
Empty weight: 3,515 kg (7,749 lb)
Gross weight: 5,000 kg (11,023 lb)"

Wikipidia
"On 31 March 2021, a Nigerian Air Force Alpha jet went missing near Borno State in northeastern Nigeria while carrying out air support for Nigerian troops fighting against Boko Haram, both pilots were missing, [58]presumed dead. A video was released claiming to show the jet being shot down, however the video was evidently doctored including previous clips from Syria. The Nigerian Air Force attributed the crash to an accident, pending further investigation.[59] However the video showed Boko Haram fighters at the crash site and remains of the pilots.[60][61]"
Re: Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) by sslcrypt: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2021
samonak:

Most times, since choppers are vulnerable to RPG or rocket attack launched from the ground the NAF usually goes on missions with a combination of choppers, ISR ( Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) planes together with fighter jets (usually Alphas or F-7s) the ISR equipped with powerful radar or cameras pin point targets, the jets take them out while the choppers mop up softer targets. With this arrangement the choppers are relatively safe.

Spot on
I hope the airforce continue to gain useful insight into the battlefield.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Bishop Oyedepo Leaked Audio By Peoples Gazette / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.