Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options (1444 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Man Chains His Lexus SUV To His Gate In Onitsha / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I am trying to make a decision on what Nigerian Used SUV I can buy with a budget of N4m.

Below are the options I'm considering.

1. Toyota Venza 2011
2. Ford Explorer 2011
3. Toyota Highlander 2011
4. Land Rover HSE 2010

Kindly advise on what you would consider the best option given the budget, cost of maintenance, durability, etc.

Appreciate your responses. Thanks.

@GAZZUZZ
@TrumpDonald2

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by lagusboyyy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER!!!

4 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
lagusboyyy:
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER!!!

Thank you. Would appreciate other inputs here too.

1 Like

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by Kirkman: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
Better get any of the Toyota products or the Ford Explorer better leave that wahala Range Rover out of your purchase list if you want to live a long life and retire early.

3 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
MrBlock:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am trying to make a decision on what Nigerian Used SUV I can buy with a budget of N4m.

1. Toyota Venza 2011
2. Ford Explorer 2011
4. Land Rover HSE 2010

Kindly advise on what you would consider the best option given the budget, cost of maintenance, durability, etc.

@GAZZUZZ
@TrumpDonald2

1 Like

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by RZArecta(m): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
If the Landrover comes with a complementary coffin then go ahead if not, stick with the Highlander. Sweet ride

7 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by GreekDon: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Limit your options to Nos 1- 3. That Land Rover should be struck out from your list.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by TrumpDonald2: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
MrBlock:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. Toyota Venza 2011
2. Ford Explorer 2011
4. Land Rover HSE 2010

@GAZZUZZ
@TrumpDonald2

Go for any clean and sound Highlander or Venza you see.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by BarrSly: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Make your choice in this ranked order.

1. Highlander

2. Venza

3. Ford

4. Range Rover (be careful ooo for this one grin)

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by Alex80s(m): 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
1: Highlander
2: Ford

Note: I think Venza has class : young men,because of our general perception of who normally drives it. You know what I mean...

If you are a gentleman,go for Highlander or Ford.

3 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Alex80s:
1: Highlander
2: Ford

Note: I think Venza has class : young men,because of our general perception of who normally drives it. You know what I mean...

If you are a gentleman, for Highlander or Ford.

cheesy That's how I feel about the Venza too, it's not quite common amongst corporate car users. However, I prefer it's look as compared to the Highlander.

For me the Highlander feels more like a family car and I am just about to get married so I dont need all that space. It's on my list because of its durability (I have never seen a Highlander breakdown in the middle of the road).
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
BarrSly:
Make your choice in this ranked order.

1. Highlander

2. Venza

3. Ford

4. Range Rover (be careful ooo for this one grin)

I did some additional research after creating this topic and I now laugh at myself for putting the rover on this list grin. Lols.
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
TrumpDonald2:

Go for any clean and sound Highlander or Venza you see.

Thank you. It's feeling more like the Venza to me. Another thing I am considering is what the Venza would be like in another 3 years. I don't want a car that would be so outdated by then.
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by MrBlock: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
RZArecta:
If the Landrover comes with a complementary coffin then go ahead if not, stick with the Highlander. Sweet ride

cheesy cheesy cheesy This cracked me up mehn. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by RZArecta(m): 1:00am On Jul 20, 2021
MrBlock:

cheesy cheesy cheesy This cracked me up mehn. Thanks for the heads up.
you're welcome so sir
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by Cokahot: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2021
I will rather buy a car driven here but not registered than using 4m to buy naija used.God forbid

3 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by megacontrol(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2021
This is exactly how i feel about this.
It is a big gamble to spend a whole 4m on a naija used vehicle, unless you know the history of the vehicle and it's user. As in, you I when the vehicle was purchased, how they used and maintained it etc.

E.g. a sincere friend or family member that owns such vehicle and is relocating, hence wants to sell off. Even at that, I'll still be skeptical. Anything outside this is a no no for me.

He should step down a little and buy an outright toks in good condition.

@MrBlock

Cokahot:
I will rather buy a car driven here but not registered than using 4m to buy naija used.God forbid

1 Like

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by Timblogga: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2021
megacontrol:
This is exactly how i feel about this.
It is a big gamble to spend a whole 4m on a naija used vehicle, unless you know the history of the vehicle and it's user. As in, you I when the vehicle was purchased, how they used and maintained it etc.

E.g. a sincere friend or family member that owns such vehicle and is relocating, hence wants to sell off. Even at that, I'll still be skeptical. Anything outside this is a no no for me.

He should step down a little and buy an outright toks in good condition.

@MrBlock

So if I want to sell my 2017 Hilux, I will sell it less than 4M because of your opinion? grin
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by Timblogga: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Bro, go with a good Mechanic and Technician and buy the car of ur choice. 2011 Highlander costs more than 7M toks, don’t mind people saying 4M is too much for Naija used vehicles.
You can even get a neater Abuja used car than the one came from the US with a Flood history.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by donlet(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2021
Venza should be the winner
Re: Advise: Nigerian Used SUV To Buy with N4m. Help Choose From These Options by kennybabs1980: 2:50am On Jul 21, 2021
Highlander best option

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Hide Scratch Marks On My Car / Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product / Will You Own And Drive A Hearse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.