Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here (6662 Views)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Trending Mexican Movie: "What Life Took From Me" - Story So Far / How Well Do U Follow South-american (especially Mexican) Soaps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by initiator(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2007
The last ones i followed were rich also cry and secreats of the sand. Now nah i'v outgrown dem.

I hate the rave following these mexican soaps where they'll be loving up and down as if them no get work. These soapy soaps have overtaken good nigerian kinds like checkmate (of blessed memory).

I love mexicans oo - good'ol catholics but the way female folks follow these flicks, I GET SICK!!!
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
Our local filmmakers need to imitate them. That's all. A Nigerian soap with the same qualities will be more popular.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by doyin13(m): 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2007
Was the secrets of the sand the one with Rachael and Racquel, one wicked one good?

Who remembers Isaura? There show the modern version on Sky now. Dont watch but brings back memories- Of how my mum made me suffer thru them.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Egavlas(m): 2:44am On Jul 18, 2007
I hate those things on tv. Whever you turn(tv channel), you find one. Someone be talking and his mouth saying something else. It irritates me. And the confessions of love and the general language and conversations are so terribly unreal.

And whats with the double-barrel names? Don't they know how to answer one first name? angry
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Ifeniyi22(m): 3:09am On Jul 18, 2007
@ poster
word.
I was beginning to get the impression that I was the only that felt the way our ladies 'warmed up' to these soap operas was alarming.THE RICH ALSO CRY,WILD ROSE AND ISAURA however kinda caught my attention though.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by spoilt(f): 3:41am On Jul 18, 2007
those mexican soaps are like a bad dream. they are so ridiculous that you wonder why they catch on. the acting is just so exaggerated and aggressive like our own blessed home videos. the women always seem angry. its a joke. grin
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by soul2jah: 8:11am On Jul 18, 2007
I hate those soaps with passion, i hate it when one mouth moves but you hear another person`s voice. They must be puppets in human skin. The ann
initiator:

The last ones i followed were rich also cry and secreats of the sand. Now nah i'v outgrown them.

I hate the rave following these mexican soaps where they'll be loving up and down as if them no get work. These soapy soaps have overtaken good nigerian kinds like checkmate (of blessed memory).

I love mexicans oo - good'ol catholics but the way female folks follow these flicks, I GET SICK!!!
oying thing is how my sisters just sit and watch these shit with rapt attension. I wish they could dedicate such times to something more interesting.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Mandora(f): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2007
I beg 2 differ, "Secrets of the sands" is not Mexican, it's Brazillian. And I think they r a fine way of keeping Nigerians entertained as local soap producers have not sought more innovative ways 2 do d same thing. I will also have u knw dat guys not only chicks watch these soaps. So, lighten up n joind d crowd
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by initiator(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2007
If i see a guy watching those mexican flicks walahi i go slap am lol.
Not trying to be chauvnistic but eeh get alarmed at women's fascination with them. The other day i was at a pal's crib trying to chat up his sister (hey keep ur minds clean) and she was so enwrapped in this soap as if heaven and hell depended on them. She was almost crying, angry like it meant the whole world.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by iice(f): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
spoilt:

those mexican soaps are like a bad dream. they are so ridiculous that you wonder why they catch on. the acting is just so exaggerated and aggressive like our own blessed home videos. the women always seem angry. its a joke. grin

Word! Emphasis on exaggerated and they can cry like there's no tomorrow.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Joey82(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2007
The funny truth is Nigerians in the Art no longer have time to sit and put a story together that will b of mature interest to folks out there. Come to think of it, how many Nigerian soaps are running currently on tv - Very few, how many of this very few are worth a matured man's time - is it super story?

Folks rather prefer the Mexican mix that's got the glamour and in the direction of what they want to see.

If u're honest, there are some of these Mexican soaps that may not catch ur attention but if u sit down to watch once, u might end up becoming their no. 1 fan.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by chaz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2007
Man i HATE THEM mexican soaps. They act like CHILDREN! Nigerians are far better. And i hate as they translate it to english, they sound weird angry
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by initiator(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2007
I agree our peeps dont write good scripts though. But anything other than watch those soaps. Women should bake more cakes.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by diyobdw(f): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2007
chaz:

Man i HATE THEM mexican soaps. They act like CHILDREN! Nigerians are far better. And i hate as they translate it to english, they sound weird angry
Not like am a freak but i don't agree with u . They are better in choice of cast ,locations and suspense!
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by BlackMamba(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
Colomentality in full view. If you can't afford white soaps, get a Hispanic voice over play. They all have silky hairs and that will give the stupid story instant credibility.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by trendy(f): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2007
seems guys dont like the way the soap is taking the females attention

why females love the soap:
the actors and actress show us love like we want it
do things that we want to see our men do!
make love seem so real cheesy
maybe if every guy give their girls unusual attention the soaps will be history
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by tuneri(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2007
nigerians just dont know hot nd wats not.the way nigerians stay glued to these soaps still bugs me.they wont even watch a nigerian one wit a better story line.now these mexican sapos' merchandise sell like ,
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by africanboy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2007
tuneri:

nigerians just don't know hot nd wats not.the way nigerians stay glued to these soaps still bugs me.they wont even watch a nigerian one wit a better story line.now these mexican sapos' merchandise sell like ,

show them a nigerian soap with a better "storyline", and they will watch.

don't show me, i don't have time for soap operas
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by honeric01(m): 2:15am On Jul 19, 2007
lol, annoying, especially when it comes to them calling their father his name and his surname, their mother too, and then their sister and brother, infact, they start with the surname and then end with the last name,
and their yeye love story, does that mean everyone in mexico are lovebirds? always on love, and then the voice that interprets the faster than fast lips of the actors and actresses are the same, when you are mine,Esperandal, Mesuba rondal, the gardener's daughters, Sebastien and Catalina. even the cats and dogs in their soaps use to chase each other in love.!! even Greece wey claim to have the best love story no dey do such thing, not even the romance world of the French people,
Normally if you see a real Mexican, he is always angry(even if he's smiling) and then their woman, very serious( with serious faces) so why come fake us with yeye yeye soaps when it doesn't even happen that way in their country.
and lastly, una no dey aware of something about their latest soaps? the same faces, this one go act old mama for one, go come act the pikin of her former pikin inside the other soaps, what a story, and then the ending, so bad and unprofessional.
I like Nigerian soaps, Everyday's people, Family circles, Hostages, Things fall apart, dominos, Area one, dear mama and so on, infact, we have alot to even take my time if i am ready to watch but sometimes, i do glance through their soaps and then flap flap flap, it goes off from my memory.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by nedujizzy(m): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2007
secrets of the sand is not a mexican soap,it is brazillian,quite interesting,but am in agreement that mexican soaps are thrash,i don't follow them any more,i never did any way just bits of  WHEN YOU ARE MINE,
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by nedujizzy(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2007
Honeric01,your post was quite amusing lol, i agree with you all the way, the mexicans are deceiving us with their soaps,there are a lot of ghetos there but they wont show you that,and their people are not always as beautiful as the selected ones for the soaps,most of them have dark skins as a result of serious sun tan, i can only advice that the nigerian producers should sit up,cos they are the reason why we are beeing fed with s**t from mexico.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Tylenol: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2007
I remember Maria de Los Angeles. TBH, can't stand them. The annoying facial expressions and physical gestures. Everything's exaggerated. And the use of "my love" and "my dear." Ugh!
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2007
It can be really fustrating especially when you want to watch champhions league and all the other people in your house insist on watching that rubbish.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by A40(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2007
aisha2:

It can be really fustrating especially when you want to watch champhions league and all the other people in your house insist on watching that rubbish.

You are damn right Aisha i cant stand those crappy soap opears
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by kemisole(f): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
dz mexican soaps r alwayz based on love,cant they do another soap that wld be different from dis?
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by charlione(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
lol, annoying, especially when it comes to them calling their father his name and his surname, their mother too, and then their sister and brother, infact, they start with the surname and then end with the last name,
   and their yeye love story, does that mean everyone in mexico are lovebirds? always on love, and then the voice that interprets the faster than fast lips of the actors and actresses are the same, when you are mine,Esperandal, Mesuba rondal, the gardener's daughters, Sebastien and Catalina. even the cats and dogs in their soaps use to chase each other in love.!! even Greece wey claim to have the best love story no dey do such thing, not even the romance world of the French people,
  Normally if you see a real Mexican, he is always angry(even if he's smiling) and then their woman, very serious( with serious faces) so why come fake us with yeye yeye soaps when it doesn't even happen that way in their country.
   and lastly, una no dey aware of something about their latest soaps? the same faces, this one go act  old mama for one, go come act the pikin of her former pikin inside the other soaps,  what a story, and then the ending, so bad and unprofessional.
  I like Nigerian soaps,  Everyday's people, Family circles, Hostages, Things fall apart, dominos, Area one, dear mama and so on, infact, we have alot to even take my time if i am ready to watch but sometimes, i do glance through their soaps and then flap flap flap, it goes off from my memory.

omo this guy dey watch T.V sha!!!  u no get work guy.lol
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by spikedcylinder: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2007
I remember Isaura the slave girl, that wasnt really about love was it? I also remember The Rich Also Cry and No One But You. Every other thin outside that failed to catch my interest. I agree with those that said people watch it because there's no alternative. Thier idea of love is utopian, yes but do you know if thats what the audience in mexico like?
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by kilma(f): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2007
Truthfully i hate soap operas angry, they are soooooo annoying, they almost always have the same plot, the same pattern of story, everything is usually the same. now that is my opinion on soap operas in general but you see mexican soap operas,i don't know who came up with that idea, it is a disaster. i have never watched one and i am not about to start in the near future.

I totally disagree that there are no better nigerian writters. that is a big fat lie. i know for a fact that there are nigerians that can write as good as prison break, 24, lost name it and they can write it. cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

There is just no excuse for those crappy soap opera things. horrible translations, same people in the soap operas with different names and different titles.

i hate them so much that if there was nothing to watch on TV except for them soap operas then i would rather switch it off and listen to the radio.
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by honeric01(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2007
kilma:

Truthfully i hate soap operas angry, they are soooooo annoying, they almost always have the same plot, the same pattern of story, everything is usually the same. now that is my opinion on soap operas in general but you see mexican soap operas,i don't know who came up with that idea, it is a disaster. i have never watched one and i am not about to start in the near future.

I totally disagree that there are no better nigerian writters. that is a big fat lie. i know for a fact that there are nigerians that can write as good as prison break, 24, lost name it and they can write it. cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

There is just no excuse for those crappy soap opera things. horrible translations, same people in the soap operas with different names and different titles.

i hate them so much that if there was nothing to watch on TV except for them soap operas then i would rather switch it off and listen to the radio.

does anyone remember HOSTAGES?
charlione:

and lastly, una no dey aware of something about their latest soaps? the same faces, this one go act old mama for one, go come act the pikin of her former pikin inside the other soaps, what a story, and then the ending, so bad and unprofessional.
I like Nigerian soaps, Everyday's people, Family circles, Hostages, Things fall apart, dominos, Area one, dear mama and so on, infact, we have alot to even take my time if i am ready to watch but sometimes, i do glance through their soaps and then flap flap flap, it goes off from my memory.

omo this guy dey watch T.V sha!!! u no get work guy.lol
guy no mind me, the type of job i do makes me get to watch TV so much that i come across all these mexican lies, most of their movies are done in hotels, not even real homes, then you would be hearing papato (father) mamato *mother) i wonder if they shoot, kill,rob or fight at all in their country
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by babadee(m): 2:08am On Jul 20, 2007
some are quite good ( paloma, now you are mine, condo seas mia) and some are darn stupid ( gardens daughter, the wife, camilas etc, )
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by MP007(m): 6:13am On Jul 20, 2007
hate it with passion, me watch mexican crap, were martin,jamie fox,living single and rest dey , leave story
Re: If You Hate Mexican Soaps, Come Here by honeric01(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2007
go and watch Sebastien and Catalina, very stupid soaps, please can someone just follow just a day's own and then come and back here and tell us how they scene look and sounded like to him/she

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Time Nollywood Movies Of The 90s (photos) / Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.