Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) (56768 Views)

Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Taiwan: China Threatens To Turn US Warship To Scrap Iron / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by EgusiShankly: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Condition make crayfish bend..
China's grown big and can threaten Japan now grin

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
olugabbie:

Egypt ke. Japan military still has very strong naval. I strongly believe they are far better than Egyptian military.
From facts or from Sentiments?
Seems you're underrating Egypt, Egypt got a stronger military than Israel,
Hope you know that?

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by emperorshaokahn(m): 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
after4:
Technically you are saying that India is stronger in tech advancement than Japan. See there is no point arguing with you. Yes, no one can occupy china now does not mean Japan can't face them in warfare. The only disadvantage I see with Japan now is that their population are mostly elderly. But when it comes to military prowess you think china will just walk over japs? Talking about China, so you want to say that china will defeat the US? I laugh at you. Do you know what US military budget is compared to that of China? Are you aware that russia is even stronger than china interms of military might? Even India you are talking about is holding china. See, the US is not a world power by mouth or noise. If you know the kind of military research they do in the US, why do you think that china had to be stealing info from the US that trump had to jail some lecturer in the US, are you aware that the HOD of dept of chemistry and biological science in Harvard is having a court case that might get him to jail because of his alliance with China? See, bros, leave that thing, Japan might have relinquished their military might to the US which they are begining to build again but not their technology and china will rather face India than Japan as they are tougher.

no doubt japan is a better country technologically than india,but when it comes to its military,the indian army is way above that of japan,after the second world war japan more or less surrendered its military might,who will fight in japan?,is it their elderly ones?.china annexing taiwan is only a matter of when and not if.and if the taiwanese are relying on the west to save them,then they would be totally dissapointed.

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
That's the issue.

A stable and united China is a threat to America's bully status.

They are already weary of Russia, they don't want to worry about 2 strong opponents that can counter their aggressiveness.

What will be will be, either by peace or war, I pray USA doesn't choose war cos it'll be more devastating for their China-dependent economy.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. See who is talking of not arguing intelligently.

We are talking about nuclear war here, not just conventional war. China may have a history of recovering from conventional wars but only one Country in history have been on the receiving end of a nuclear bomb attack and that's Japan and Japan has recovered well.

If China should nuke Japan, they will recover too, but the effect of US, France, UK and other allied Nations nukes falling on China will be so devastating that it will spell the end of China on the world map.

If you still can't comprehend this, you can't be helped!

With few short statements, I will end my response to you.

Japan does not have any nuclear weapon and can't defend a nuclear attack even with the aide of the US right now.

Before America can react to any nuclear attack on Japan by China, they would have been long gone.

Japan was only nuked in 2 cities due to the distance, China is closer to Japan and would have bombarded Japan with tens of nuclear bombs before help comes through.

That's all I have to tell you.

Enjoy your day.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by HolinessForever: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Kinjikitileking(m): 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lightorder:
they were called ‘KAMIKAZE ‘

I love those who know and you are one of them. Big up bro
I thought its HARAKIRI
What's the difference between them
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by angelfallz(m): 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol not me. But that is the reality. Taiwan is China, China is Taiwan.

Meninmen:

You are the one that Made Taiwan China?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

What will be will be, either by peace or war, I pray USA doesn't choose war cos it'll be more devastating for their China-dependent economy.

The world need peace but the world does not need bullies who won't stay in their territory.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by nedekid: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
Meninmen:

Taiwanese have said they don't want to be part of mainland China.

If you think the US is thousand of miles away, then let China invade Taiwan. At least they have been saying they wouldn't rule out the use of force to re-unify with Taiwan. what's holding them? Let them go ahead. Then you will know that though the US is thousand of miles away, it is not thousand of miles away (if you know you know).
Hmm, hope you know China and the US are nuclear powers.
The issue of Taiwan is an existential threat to China just as Ukraine and Crimea is to Russia. Look at the location and proximity to China. Imagine Taiwan being an independent state and having nato, American naval base at the mouth of China. It will mean a complete containment of China, a complete encirclement.
It will be naive to think US is in south China sea and Taiwan just because of them supporting freedom there. The only reason is world domination and hegemony.
The second picture show US fixed and mobile platforms around China.
China was embarrassed when in the 90ies Clinton sailed the 6th fleet into the south China sea in support of Taiwan. China has now built missiles to contain the US ships and has now built the largest navy in the world.
China will do what is needed and the US will do nothing except they are willing to start ww3!

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

From facts or from Sentiments?
Seems you're underrating Egypt, Egypt got a stronger military than Israel,
Hope you know that?

Israel has better air force and army than Egypt any time any day. Although Egypt can be a very strong opposition. But Israel is better. You can compare the quantity and quality of thier fighter jets to determine the one that has strongest air force. A war between the two will be won by the one with strongest air force. This is a fact. You can also check the history of these two.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by fergie001: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
superjab247:

It's seems na only football you know,
The president of the USA can issue a nuclear strike anywhere he is,even if he is on private vacation its a small briefcase with sophisticated launch codes in it.

Go and read and stop arguing ignorantly.

shegzhkn:

Ignoramus.

Is it a country that hasn't defeated intense poverty that will develop nuclear weapons ??

Go read about the nuclear football.
Chai.....so if you smell sarcasm from afar, you won't know; did it look like an argument?

Would a Nigerian President be going about with a nuclear football?

You guys will pay to learn what I know about the nuclear football. We will leave it @ that for now. Look @ the moniker very well.

Chai...NL na wah grin grin grin
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Gertyman: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
dermmy:

China understands what it is doing. It is a deliberate attempt to scare the Japanese public so that they can exert more pressure on their government to close the U.S military base at Okinawa. Okinawans have been calling on the government for years to close that base because they see it as a flash point for U.S and China's war in the future and they don't want Okinawans to be caught in between when the war breaks out.

Japan is under U.S nuclear umbrella under U.S policy of Extended Deterrence & Allied Assurance . I doubt if China would do that even if a war breaks out between her and Japan. This threat is part of China's competitive coercion.

Absolutely, you are correct. Thumb Up
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
olugabbie:

Israel has better air force and army than Egypt any time any day. Although Egypt can be a very strong opposition. But Israel is better. You can compare the quantity and quality of thier fighter jets to determine the one that has stronger air force. A war between the two will be won by the one with stronger air force. This is a fact. You can also check the history of these two.
Overall, Army Navy and Airforce Egypt was rated higher in the latest military rankings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by hartlyn(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Aii. So sorry
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

Japan does not have any nuclear weapon and can't defend a nuclear attack even with the aide of the US right now.

Before America can react to any nuclear attack on Japan by China, they would have been long gone.

Japan was only nuked in 2 cities due to the distance, China is closer to Japan and would have bombarded Japan with tens of nuclear bombs before help comes through.

Enjoy your day.

Oga go and sleep and stop disgracing yourself. Nobody talked about Japan having nuclear weapons (even though some experts believe they can produce nuclear weapons within 6 months).

With the defense treaties the US have with Japan, a nuclear attack on Japan will imply a nuclear attack on the US and in extension an attack on the entire NATO alliance and with the concept of Mutually assured destruction (MAD), before China totally annihalate Japan, China would have been levelled to the ground!

6 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by emmyN(m): 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
This is the China some nitwits are clamouring for to obtain world power

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
India is only better than Japan by number of military personnel. Look, number of soldiers do not always translate to military might oh. Like you said surrendering to the US was a mistake which the japs I think are beginning to correct though a little late. Hope you know that now, military might will include cyber attack, quality of jet fighters, tanks and quality of missiles, this are tech that japs will easily met up with if they are not ahead sef. Like you said, china will invade Taiwan, no doubt but what will be the outcome, we can't predict

emperorshaokahn:
no doubt japan is a better country technologically than india,but when it comes to its military,the indian army is way above that of japan,after the second world war japan more or less surrendered its military might,who will fight in japan?,is it their elderly ones?.china annexing taiwan is only a matter of when and not if.and if the taiwanese are relying on the west to save them,then they would be totally dissapointed.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
Pride come's before a fall, china ought to have learn from germany by now! Russia wants world power, russia knows that unsiting the u.s will be easier than unsitting the chinese there for the rusia aint gona surport the china during the ww3 reason because they will end up a slave to chinese. A warning to chinese! Dear chinese dont be decived by landmass everything about china ends beijieng! So if you are thinking japan is small,remember beijieng aint bigger than japan! A nuke to tokyo a counter nuke to beijieng and we call it a day for the two e.asian countries undecided . Countries with china in this battle! Pakistan,iran,n.korea and semi-rusia,egypt should have been mention but as we know! Egypt is loyal to saudi and saudi if not for anything cant be on the same side of iran. Countrie with u.s(japan) ireal,europe,c.america,s.america,austrialia.I see u.s citizens being refuges,i see white house exploaded but i see china in stone age with dust and nuclear polution fighting for space. I see japanese refugeses.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Overall, Army Navy and Airforce Egypt was rated higher in the latest military rankings.

Most times they considered quantity and not quality in some of these rankings. But trust me Egyptian military is very strong too. They have almost everything. From submarines to 4th generation fighter jet (F-16 & rafael fighter jets) to S-300 & S-400 defence systems. Israel wont risk a war with Egypt to avoid unnecessary casaulties. But Israel is stronger.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
Egypt rated higher than israel Air Force? Abeg show us that you source

Poloyanabo2:

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
nedekid:

Hmm, hope you know China and the US are nuclear powers.
The issue of Taiwan is an existential threat to China just as Ukraine and Crimea is to Russia. Look at the location and proximity to China. Imagine Taiwan being an independent state and having nato, American naval base at the mouth of China. It will mean a complete containment of China, a complete encirclement.
It will be naive to think US is in south China sea and Taiwan just because of them supporting freedom there. The only reason is world domination and hegemony.
The second picture show US fixed and mobile platforms around China.
China was embarrassed when in the 90ies Clinton sailed the 6th fleet into the south China sea in support of Taiwan. China has now built missiles to contain the US ships and has now built the largest navy in the world.
China will do what is needed and the US will do nothing except they are willing to start ww3!

Funny enough, you have said nothing new!

If you must know, the US have been helping Taiwan to achieve a "porcupine posture" such that even if Taiwan is being intimated by a larger and stronger China, they must behave like a porcupine so that a Chinese attack on Taiwan will lead to China having severe bleeding nose which is why the US continually sells military weapons to Taiwan.

Taiwan, unlike Crimea, is an island. To invade it, you must conduct a daring amphibious landing which is risky for the Chinese. Another option is air attack which is also risky because of Taiwan's defensive systems mainly of America origin.

If China think they have the mind, let them go ahead and attack Taiwan. The US regularly sents aircraft carriers through the Taiwan strait. Just some weeks ago, a military plane dropped off some US senators in Taiwan. A military like plane has recently being used to drop mails for the US defactor ambassador to Taiwan. Not to talk of regualar sale of military equipments to Taiwan. Are these not enough provocations? Let China do it's worse!

6 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by emperorshaokahn(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
after4:
India is only better than Japan by number of military personnel. Look, number of soldiers do not always translate to military might oh. Like you said surrendering to the US was a mistake which the japs I think are beginning to correct though a little late. Hope you know that now, military might will include cyber attack, quality of jet fighters, tanks and quality of missiles, this are tech that japs will easily met up with if they are not ahead sef. Like you said, china will invade Taiwan, no doubt but what will be the outcome, we can't predict

the result is predictable.taiwan would most likely be reunified with mainland china..the ccp knows this is the best time to finally annex taiwan,and they are not going to let this slip away,contrary to popular opinions the usa wont stick their neck out for taiwan,why should they?.it makes no sense risking thousands of their soldiers over taiwan,taiwan may be important to the usa,but the usa will quickly adjust and get over their loss to china.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
What is this you are typing here? So you want to tell me that Japan has no radar to know that a missile is entering it's territory talk more of a nuke having experienced two nukes and survived? You want to tell me that with the level of high tech in Japan they can't defend themselves against an invader just because they signed a deal with the US? Abeg go sleep like you said, good night

somehow:

Enjoy your day.

5 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
I don't agree with you and mind you that Taiwan have other allies thought the US is the biggest of them but to say that the US will just sit and allow the Chinese annex Taiwan? Do you know the implication of that, it sends the wrong message to other allies like Japan that depends on the US for survival. See no be who start fight dey win oh

emperorshaokahn:
the result is predictable.taiwan would most likely be reunified with mainland china..the ccp knows this is the best time to finally annex taiwan,and they are not going to let this slip away,contrary to popular opinions the usa wont stick their neck out for taiwan,why should they?.it makes no sense risking thousands of their soldiers over taiwan,taiwan may be important to the usa,but the usa will quickly adjust and get over their loss to china.

6 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

Enjoy your day.

So in your shallow mind, if the US wants to come to the aid of Japan, it is nuclear weapons from the US Homeland they will use? You think the US doesn't have nuclear weapon bases in Japan and other allied neighbouring Asian Countries?

Oga go sleep!

7 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
See, people over rate these Chinese for some reasons I don't know. No don't they are strong but not strong enough to withstand the US not to talk of NATO forces. They can attack Taiwan but no be who start fight dey always win fight

Meninmen:

If you must know, the US have been helping Taiwan to achieve a "porcupine posture" such that even if Taiwan is being intimated by a larger and stronger China, they must behave like a porcupine so that a Chinese attack on Taiwan will lead to China having severe bleeding nose which is why the US continually sells military weapons to Taiwan.

Taiwan, unlike Crimea, is an island. To invade it, you must conduct a daring amphibious landing which is risky for the Chinese. Another option is air attack which is also risky because of Taiwan's defensive systems mainly of America origin.

If China think they have the mind, let them go ahead and attack Taiwan. The US regularly sents aircraft carriers through the Taiwan strait. Just some weeks ago, a military plane dropped off some US senators in Taiwan. A military like plane has recently being used to drop mails for the US defactor ambassador to Taiwan. Not to talk of regualar sale of military equipments to Taiwan. Are these not enough provocations? Let China do it's worse!

4 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by nedekid: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Meninmen:

Time will tell..
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by toye440: 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
chiiraq802:
Chinko na only mouth una get.... why not nuke Japan first before spilling gibberish.

Xi jinping thinks China and its citizen will still be standing, while Japan falls because Japan no get any form of Military abiii....
See why I miss Trump

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by engrchykae(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Cousin9999:

That's already happening. At this point, their only real allies are probably Russia and NK.
Russia is really no one's friend.
Backstabbers.
That was how Russia pretended to be on the side of Egypt around 1948 prodding Egypt on to war because Russia wants to sell weapons, Nasser sold 50% of Egypt cotton crop for 50 years advance yet Egypt lost.
Russia romanced with Gaddafi but when the chips were down in 2011, Russia did nothing.
Russia was romancing Assad but of what use is Russia?
Russia and France are hypocrites, USA is far better,if USA don't like you,you will know and if they like you they will go to length to prove it.
But Russia and France are useless

8 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by emperorshaokahn(m): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
after4:
I don't agree with you and mind you that Taiwan have other allies thought the US is the biggest of them but to say that the US will just sit and allow the Chinese annex Taiwan? Do you know the implication of that, it sends the wrong message to other allies like Japan that depends on the US for survival. See no be who start fight dey win oh

the usa would most probably sanction china and would also propagate a worldwide media outrage against china too.probably sell some of their less important military hardwares to taiwan,but that is where at all ends,only people who are naive in international politics will even think the usa will go into a direct military conflict with china over taiwan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Putin's Chief Of Staff Gerasimov Wounded. At Least 30 Top Officers Killed / Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) / Nigerians Celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral With Aso Ebi In UK (pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.