Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,263 members, 7,954,025 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate (18427 Views)

Another Court Orders Emir Sanusi’s Eviction, State High Court Stops Enforcement / Another Court grants EFCC's Request To Arrest Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello / Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Mumusaphire: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2021
Basheer22:

Yes, it was Buhari that instituted the matter in court. Even Nwabunike the Judge is a Fulani from the North. You people talk as if the day the Almighty was sharing brain, you went out to hawk. That is why the only thing your head is good for is to carry goods for hawking.
read what he wrote well. Truly,buhari messed up our judiciary.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by cybertruss(m): 5:37am On Jul 20, 2021
Judiciary is the biggest problem in Nigeria because we don't have a true separation of powers. Mr president forced the governor to have separation of powers with state judiciary (not sure if He suceeded) but federal judiciary is completely under the control of the executive. We need a complete separation of powers from federal level.

Judiciary is in its worst state. Imo state supreme court judgement is the worst judgement in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by anigbajumo(m): 6:08am On Jul 20, 2021
cybertruss:
Judiciary is the biggest problem in Nigeria because we don't have a true separation of powers. Mr president forced the governor to have separation of powers with state judiciary (not sure if He suceeded) but federal judiciary is completely under the control of the executive. We need a complete separation of powers from federal level.

Judiciary is in its worst state. Imo state supreme court judgement is the worst judgement in the history of Nigeria.

Lol, as far as election matter is concerned we need to enact a bill that will give power to only party chairmen to determine the candidate of their party. A court should not in anyway singlehandedly choose a candidate through oluwole ruling, Court should not interfere in anything election in Nigeria be it primary election or main election except post election matters. Nigeria Politicians are now bent in remoting judges to influence pre election matter coz of their ambition and their selfish interest. Watch out as same scenario will play out in Osun and Ekiti next election.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Commentor: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2021
litigator:
I think It's high time the C.J.N and the N.B.A president does something about this reoccurring issue of duplicity of actions. It is making a mockery of our Judiciary.

I know the C.J of the Federal High did something about it after the last elections as counsel are now required to depose to an affidavit of non-multiplicity of actions when filing an originating process.

It needs to trickle down to all courts of coordinate jurisdiction. Please let's do all we can to protect the virginity of the legal profession. We are becoming an international disgrace in the league of judiciaries of nations.

I read a judgment delivered by a U.K court in an action involving a Nigerian agency, and I could not help but feel sorry for myself as a lawyer. The judge didn't economise words in his delivery. He said it as it is, and we are again confirming to the entire world that is who we are.

The N.B.A should sanction these lawyers aiding the politicians to make a mockery of our judiciary, while the C.J.N through the instrumentality of N.J.C should discipline any colluding judge.

I rise.

The N.B.A hierarchy is just as bad.

A conglomeration of politicians and cultists.

You can't get justice from such a system.

The entire system is rotten.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by firstjoe(m): 7:04am On Jul 20, 2021
One of the major problem in this country is the Judiciary
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2021
Commentor:

The N.B.A hierarchy is just as bad.

A conglomeration of politicians and cultists.

You can't get justice from such a system.

The entire system is rotten.

Nah! I do not believe you can't get justice.

Aligning myself with your position is that of a student who believes he will pass a course, unless he bribes the lecturer or knows someone who knows the lecturer.

But then, I have always wondered what will happen if such a student makes an 'A'? The worse the lecturer will do is grade the student a 'B' or a 'C' assuming the lecturer is an apt definition of a sadist.

That is my mentality when I am before the court. Especially in cases having SAN or a well known senior lawyer on the other side.

Prepare and go with God's grace like David did, and you shall return with the head of Goliath.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Commentor: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2021
litigator:

Nah! I do not believe you can't get justice.

Aligning myself with your position is that of a student who believes he will pass a course, unless he bribes the lecturer or knows someone who knows the lecturer.

But then, I have always wondered what will happen if such a student makes an 'A'? The worse the lecturer will do is grade the student a 'B' or a 'C' assuming the lecturer is an apt definition of a sadist.

That is my mentality when I am before the court. Especially in cases having SAN or a well known senior lawyer on the other side.

Prepare and go with God's grace like David did, and you shall return with the head of Goliath.

Yes, you can win cases when they are academic or inherently tagged with a global audience.

When it comes to those that hang by a thread or withdrawn from scrutiny, the highest bidder would get his way.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 20, 2021
Commentor:

Yes, you can win cases when they are academic or inherently tagged with a global audience.

When it comes to those that hang by a thread or withdrawn from scrutiny, the highest bidder would get his way.

Not really though, but you do have a point. My take has always been that 80% of cases are won or lost on the lawyer's desk and not in court.

You can't always bargain your way from the court of first instance to the apex court nah. Some judicial workers avoid some lawyers cos they are honey badgers. They don't up and then don't give you loopholes to exploit.

But then shit happens cos nobody knows it all. God forbid a man should know all the laws. That is why I favour specialization.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by Juspe: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2021
This back and forth in the state is becoming worrisome.
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by StFabulous(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Confusional conference grin
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by smartNerd: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
“You learn more from failure than from success.
Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” —
Unknown
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by senatordave1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

Appeal Court

No,I meant that of supreme court.everyone has this
Re: Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate by fergie001: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
senatordave1:
No,I meant that of supreme court.everyone has this
I don't have it oooo....That SC can't stand, it is functus officio.

They just gave it to say something.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Start Going After Those Calling For Coup - Chief Of Defence Staff, Musa / ₦322M Fraud: EFCC To Appeal Nwaoboshi’s Victory As Buhari Welcomes Him To APC / Buba Galadima: Hold Oshiomhole, Masari Responsible If Anything Happens To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.