Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! (1037 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Thread for all James Hadley Chase Books In PDF Format / Poetry Thread For 'short Witty Poetry' Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
This thread is for me and me alone, just to put all my pitches together and experiment.

Some pitches will fail woefully, so won't!!!

I'm not here sell or teach!

Just a thread for my personal experiment regarding my pitches!!!

You're welcome to criticize and guide me if you know better...

Cause I'd love to learn and improve!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
This was sent few minutes ago. Fingers crossed! It shall be successful!!! You'll be updated!

How is it going?

I'm applying in response to your ad.

I have written a mountain of cannabis-related articles, and have tried different strains to immerse myself.

I've also tried shrooms, but unfortunately, haven't gotten a demand to write about the wonderful world of psychedelics.

Until now...

It'd be awesome to work with you and help you generate the needed traffic while positioning your platform as an authority in the niche.

I know SEO like the back of my palms, cause that's what I've been doing for the past 7 years as a freelance writer and copywriter.

I have a lot of time on my hands, and I know I can take on this project and give you the best there is.

Reach me via email let's proceed: her*********@gmail.com

Best regards,
Henry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lemme share another pitch, which I sent to a client a week ago.

I'm yet to get a response... Do you know why?

Maybe I did something wrong or sounded appalling.

When it comes to the human nature, it's unpredictable. Some client's are hard to please.

It's a lesson you don't learn every day. Sometimes you fire your clients, just so you can grow.

I might be earning pennies of $0.10 - 0.20 per word, but that doesn't stop me dreaming to the rank of earning $1 per word.

It's all about growth, investing and improving in your craft, and learning to always pitch to your dream clients and publishers.

So, there goes a pitch which already was a colossal failure, or maybe not if the future proves otherwise.

Hi Sparrow, 

How is it going?

I'm applying in response to your ad on problogger.

Legal articles constitute 70% of projects I take on, ranging from personal injury, workers' comp, family law, real estate, and much more.

I've been writing in this exciting niche for three years, and I understand the goal of my clients which is to get prospects to book an appointment.

This I do by writing in a conversational and engaging voice while incorporating a persuasive call to action at the end of every piece.

I'm a creative at heart who's adept at research, and I am certain we can work together.

Don't worry about SEO optimization; it's a piece of cake for me.

Here are my most recent projects: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuIzCpUXgTTyqmfU0h7pJLSytJUU-8Ek9EWnMj5vXkM/edit?usp=drivesdk

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Rt3VlPOMzWHktBoGlpt_FTJYOgvvpwjNL0K9WXmphc/edit?usp=drivesdk

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CveAxvZgLCDaU1VAJq4GSG-xKtEf-MiVL0mPGeDvqMw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Do reach me via email so we can proceed: xxxxxxxxxxxxcx

Thanks & Best Regards,
Henry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2021
Just a few minutes ago, I got the project. This project will pay $0.06 per word

Tho poor, but I took it since per piece is over 1500 words, and long term too.

I also got another project, and it seems I'm going to have a somewhat busy weekend.

I share, only to inspire and prove that once you have the skill, or you need to make money is to pitch right, and to the right target.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by budaatum: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Pitch.

Topic: Organising and It's Importance.

1000 @ $0.07125 per word.

I'm trying to learn how this works.
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
budaatum:
Pitch.

That's a one thousand words article at the rate of $0.07 per word.

That's $71 total.
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by budaatum: 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
HenryDion:

That's a one thousand words article at the rate of $0.07 per word.

That's $71 total.

Yep. How do we determine your work is worth that much?

How do you guarantee you are paid?
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 23, 2021
budaatum:

Yep. How do we determine your work is worth that much?

How do you guarantee you are paid?

Worth?

As long as I was able to deliver as instructed, the client is obligated to pay the agreed rate.

My clients always pay tho, cause I go for targets whose problem is not money, but talents.

Once I deliver, they can kiss me, and throw more cash at me as a tip lol...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Gideons708: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
HenryDion:
This was sent few minutes ago. Fingers crossed! It shall be successful!!! You'll be updated!

How is it going?

I'm applying in response to your ad.

I have written a mountain of cannabis-related articles, and have tried different strains to immerse myself.

I've also tried shrooms, but unfortunately, haven't gotten a demand to write about the wonderful world of psychedelics.

Until now...

It'd be awesome to work with you and help you generate the needed traffic while positioning your platform as an authority in the niche.

I know SEO like the back of my palms, cause that's what I've been doing for the past 7 years as a freelance writer and copywriter.

I have a lot of time on my hands, and I know I can take on this project and give you the best there is.

Reach me via email let's proceed: her*********@gmail.com

Best regards,
Henry.

If you don't mind and if I may ask. Where did you see this ad?

1 Like

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by budaatum: 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
HenryDion:

Worth?

As long as I was able to deliver as instructed, the client is obligated to pay the agreed rate.

My clients always pay tho, cause I go for targets whose problem is not money, but talents.

Once I deliver, they can kiss me, and throw more cash at me as a tip lol...

Go on then. Show me.

budaatum:
Pitch.

Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Gideons708: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
HenryDion,

I will appreciate you make the thread more detailed.
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
budaatum:

Go on then. Show me.

I should pitch to you? I really don't get where this is going...
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by silverachy: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hi.

So far I've only seen two pitches. Where are the rest?
Re: Thread For All My Failed And Successful Pitches!!! by budaatum: 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
HenryDion:

I should pitch to you? I really don't get where this is going...

You pitched. I'm trying to commission you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Script. / He Was Relevant To Literature Too (as Lyricist). / Looking For Short Article Writers (work From Home)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.