Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? (3964 Views)

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by cammax7(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
yes Kelly collapsed on stage and here is why

http://www.claycane..com/
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by comechop(m): 12:53am On Jul 21, 2007
@simply_me, whats is your own wahala here na? This one wee u dey dice everybody wee comment here abi no be free for all? Sista abeg cool down o
[sub][/sub]abi thisday don settle you your own small small eh lol wink
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by honeric01(m): 1:05am On Jul 21, 2007
why didn't they bring it to polo club?
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by ifababa(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2007
The point is just that they are not professional enough,and the 1st thisday festival was a success because they involved a whole lot of professionals both local and foreign, For example the Afican events company{A, E.C] that handled th Sounds and lights had a split up with some of the major brains behind their Machines early this year.I was also one of the engineering crew from here, And then brains behind the admin that made it a success last year were also not involved maybe because they were trying to minimize costs,

Bros Eddy[Eddy Lawani] hasnt told me anything too so i doubt if he was also involved,

But as for the purpose of the concert last year i can tell you categorically that it wasnt a profit making one because after the show.all we crew had a gettogether for its succes and there the total expense was ecalared and waow'''it was the hihgest spent to organise any concert in the history of Africa, And it was well confirmed months after by international observers ,promoters and showbiz personnels, Thisday was only close to making a half of the total expended money from the sales of ticket, But the thing is the money didnt just come from them, There were so many sponsors, coporate bodies.financial institutions,named personnels etc,

Anyway i believe that after this they must have learnt their lessons that concerts and festivals organising is not just about winning on paper,but having the right people at the right place.Afterall they are just a bunch of journalists, lol wink wink smiley
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2007
p.diidy fell ill immediately after d show,kelly collapsed,neyo's stuff got stolen.wata bad omen
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Egavlas(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2007
Since someone here has pointed out that its a private event, I wouldnt begrudge them for organising it.
My issue was Thisday trying to make their private event a national thing by inviting government officials. It has to be clear what they are doing. Not to say today in the news that its charity and tomorrow, another person says its a private, profit taking event.

And yes, there ought to be some sort of corporate responsibilty. More so for a news paper house. Every thing they do, ought to reflect this .So part of proceeds going to some reasonable cause, is in order
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by byakuyaa: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2007
i dont know much about the silly show but i know kelly rowland fainted.a friend of mine went and he said it wasnt that bad.p diddy killed it,d'banj, u knw d'banj definitely killed it so overall i dont think the show was that bad.what u think?
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by gidig(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2007
Yes there were a few hiccups here and there but it was not as bad as the some peoiple made it sound. The setting up of the stage took to much time and the two day event had to be compressed into one day. At least, they were able to manage it and as theyu say, the show goes on.

AS per Kelly, things like this happen and it could have been amywhere- even in America. Did Beyonce not fall from a rope that was supposed to keep suspended. These guys tried their best to give Nigerians a good show. They need our support and good criticism-not condemnation and the oppurtunity to do some Naija bashing that is the hallmark of Nairaland when issues like this come up.
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by A40(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
simply_me:

how do u define a crappy show? because u couldnt afford moeny to go there? shio.
FYI i was at the last one slowpoke where i went to see baba himself (Jay-Z), how much dey your hand?
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Mustay(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2007
A-40:

FYI i was at the last one slowpoke where i went to see baba himself (Jay-Z), how much dey your hand?

na so them dey start o,
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by lobinoxebe(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
guys, the show was the most craziest show av ever attended in my whole entire lile, I thought the star show last two years featuring G-unit was the mst craziest but this is a real floop,

kelly even fainted on the stage, maybe cos of the floor made of concrete or cement, anyhow they call it before sasha took up the stage,

it's not fun unlike tha last years one,

but they tried either cos i bought my ticket at the venue, for cheap, guys make una no dey rush buy tickets,
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by A40(m): 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
@Mustay
Why is minding your business so hard for you to do?
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by harpo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
We have to ask some basic questions

- wat is Nduka's aim at this concert
- do u guys think the money to pay all this people is available wit him, i mean Nduka
- so if not him who is payin for all these stars
- Even if he is payin, him go make money at all

I feel this is some sort of africa project cos d first one i heard Jayz was on tour with those other stars to africa blah, blah, blah. Remember the the first show was tagd at 25k regular and later reduced to 10k if a projection was made at 25k but later reduced to 10k at the last minute how successful can the show be.

There ar was to go about this and not trying to take fun to those so calld big shots who don even know who beyonce is talk les of rihana, and to me u dont neet som much stars at once to have a hit show, jus two of this guy will do the trick.

THIS DAY SHLD TEL US THE TRUT
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Mustay(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2007
WHY DIDNT U JUST IGNORE?
A-40:

@Mustay
Why is minding your business so hard for you to do?

KAI
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Mystique(f): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2007
Highlights of the THISDAY show:
1.Kelly passing out due to 'dehydration' . . .
2.Neyo's luggage gettn 'missing' in Lagos. . .
3. P-Diddy dancing Garlala on stage. . . grin
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by Shinor(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2007
Nuff Respect Harpo & Salvage

Heard of the show and had to ask a few Questions. Why do we have to have Govt officials at shows like that? To make it "official" or what? When snoop & Co are doing their thing do we have members of parliament waiting back stage to pose for pictures with them? Perhaps am too old to see why the show will have our senate president ( last years show) in attendance.

harpo, YES they dont need to have all the stars to have a hit show but things like this expose the mentality of our so called Big men. Having P. Diddy alone would have done the trick. I dont know what current rap/hip hop stars charge but i done something with Kool and the Gang recently and it was US D $80k. Buju Bantan US D $40k and at the moment trying to get Ziggy Marley to Lagos and he wants US D $275k so i wonder what they would have had to pay those guys to play,

All they needed was pros to package the show for them.
Re: 2nd Thisday Music Festival - A Flop? by honeric01(m): 5:21am On Jul 28, 2007
ihm shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enjoy Naija Music And Video Online / Slide And Bounce [Glo Portablilty All Star Theme Song] DOWNLOAD / Video: Twerk! Twerk!! Twerk!!!amber Rose And Blacc Chyna Grinding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.