Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (16191 Views)

Poll: Which album is tighter?

Curicullum Vitae: 61% (33 votes)
Solar Plexus: 38% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Has Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus lived to expectations?

Yes: 50% (8 votes)
It hasnt: 6% (1 vote)
Very poor,shit album!: 25% (4 votes)
Average album: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2012
Why Donjazzy Dey Rush To Do Album? Its A Flop!

The recently much hyped released compilation album by former mohits co-owner don jazzy with his newly formed music label marvin records cant be termed less than a flop. It was widely expected that d acclaimed best producer in africa would do something more spectacular this time to shoot back into the entertainment industry that had been overhauled with the break up and disbandment of mohits but alas! The album is a makeshift one with not-so-catchy tunes and rushed production. Wande Coal, the expected dark horse, even wasnt at his lyrical and vocal best instead dishing out same style songs,d prince tracks are a major push over while dir sid struggled to make an imprint on the 12 tracked album which comprised mainly of monotous tunes save for tiwa savage track (o ma ga) that stood out. This album isnt a reflection of don jazzy much hyped production prowess as it rather diminished his status in the music quota. Bt thumbs up to tiwa savage vocal strength, marvin may go places but not with this wack album.

6 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by geenie: 4:04pm On May 08, 2012
obviously - the poster is a dbanj fan.

FYI - all songs recorded by dbanj were written by don jazzy - so your d'banj is no super talent, don jazzy worked his ass of to build banjo's rep.

this album has cool songs - d'prince song "take banana" is A class.

wande's pretty girls and forever - outstanding

dr sid's cpr and chocolate - massive ear candy.

and tiwa - c'mon ....

I dont know what planet your from but the only producer that i have seen build entertaining songs like jazzy is Davido and even davido cant make serial hits using different genre's. D'banj is dead and gone and he knows it. There is no sampling that kanye west and his minion's can do, it will never sound like mavin baby.

[ shout out to the realest - those who have listened and understand naija music when it started - y'all know pure naija production when you hear it and this album SOLAR PLEXUS (sounds like a japanese car ) is a massive hit.

Personally, i think ice prince should spend sometime in the studio with don jazzy..... [ALL I WANNA SEE IZ THA N.Y.A.S.H]

14 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by valencia25(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2012
Check Out the Full Meaning of Mavin here https://www.nairaland.com/933033/full-meaning-mavin
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by HighChief4(m): 5:10pm On May 08, 2012
geenie: obviously - the poster is a dbanj fan.

FYI - all songs recorded by dbanj were written by don jazzy - so your d'banj is no super talent, don jazzy worked his ass of to build banjo's rep.

this album has cool songs - d'prince song "take banana" is A class.

wande's pretty girls and forever - outstanding

dr sid's cpr and chocolate - massive ear candy.

and tiwa - c'mon ....

I dont know what planet your from but the only producer that i have seen build entertaining songs like jazzy is Davido and even davido cant make serial hits using different genre's. D'banj is dead and gone and he knows it. There is no sampling that kanye west and his minion's can do, it will never sound like mavin baby.

[ shout out to the realest - those who have listened and understand naija music when it started - y'all know pure naija production when you hear it and this album SOLAR PLEXUS (sounds like a japanese car ) is a massive hit.

Personally, i think ice prince should spend sometime in the studio with don jazzy..... [ALL I WANNA SEE IZ THA N.Y.A.S.H]

Not just his fan, he could be Dbanj himself, you never can tell

Don Jazzy will never go wrong in my book. I have not heard any of the songs yet, but am sure its gonna be nice

6 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by sharpman1(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2012
I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by djojo(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2012
@poster, the album that came out yesterday, and u av already condemn it not to be good, i think u av insert some cotton wool with oil in ur hear that makes u not to feel the lyrics and beats of the Album.
As for D'banj, i wish him best of luck, but Mr Poster, dont ever condemn what u cant do

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ghydyon(m): 5:19pm On May 08, 2012
It is obvious dat d poster was listen to d back of d radio or d poster fone has fault wen downloading it...Bad belle.Ur dbanj wetin him do since he z wit KW?

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by toideve(m): 5:19pm On May 08, 2012
I'm loving forever by Wande coal. @op back off! All I wanna see is Solar Plexus

3 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by nlofficial(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2012
@Poster you're being harsh on Don Jazzy and makes you look like D'Banj.

The poster can't be completely wronged out though.

Of course the poster made some point. After listening to most of the tracks, I only downloaded Oma ga by Tiwa Savage because that was the only track that has gotten my attention so far. I believe with time I'll get to like some more.

@Poster, Please use posts like this to advise, not crucify.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by abbey621(m): 5:21pm On May 08, 2012
Poster you are a nobody, I understand your need for attention. What people don't know about the album is that, it is a marketing strategy, Don Jazzy had to put something out there to establish the MAVIN name, before any of his artiste drops their new album and I must say not bad for a rush job. The songs 'I'm a Mavin' and 'Take Banana' shows that Don Jazzy plans to take MAVIN to superstar status and if I was a betting man, I would bet my last dime on Don Jazzy and Mavin making it here in 9ja than Kanye and D'banj taking over the U.S markets.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by toideve(m): 5:21pm On May 08, 2012
sharp man: I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.

Are u sure ur not a fan of any?
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by phreddy4: 5:22pm On May 08, 2012
I'm so sure dis dude dat posted dis tin do not knw sh*t abt music. Dis album is a hit. Hw do u listen to song in a few seconds n judge it to be a flop. I advice u take out time to listen to d song b4 u come out to say rubbish....shout out to d mavin crew. SolarPlex is on repeat on my fone guys. Bigups

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by femi4: 5:25pm On May 08, 2012
@OP, if u really want to know what people feel about the album, you don't need to go too far, check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/932506/mavin-records-solar-plexus-don
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tboy1(m): 5:30pm On May 08, 2012
LOL @ Poster tongue

Anywayssssss...Take Banana by D'Prince will definitely be a Club Hit
Don Jazzy killed that Beat
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Bayils(m): 5:31pm On May 08, 2012
High_Chief:

Not just his fan, he could be Dbanj himself, you never can tell

Don Jazzy will never go wrong in my book. I have not heard any of the songs yet, but am sure its gonna be nice
lol..though i haven't listen to any of the soundtract but........certainly sure that Donjazzy can't flop on any beat..!!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 08, 2012
I haven't heard any track from the said album but it's a little too early to adjedge it a flop @OP.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MolarMols: 5:33pm On May 08, 2012
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Album came out and you have condemned it.

i totally disagree.

So far for me its growing on me and i earmark the following as definite hits

Oma ga - Tiwa Savage (even im not a big fan of hers)
See me ri - Wande Coal
Take banana - D'prince**
Pretty Girls - Wande Coal**
Chocolate - Dr Sid
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 08, 2012
is it true Marvin aka Don jazzy will be signing JAYZ, Beyonce, and R.KElly for 5million Naira?? i hope this is real undecided
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tonardo(m): 5:39pm On May 08, 2012
pls someone should comfirm this ... does Don jazzy runs this talk of naija? he's even on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Don-Jazzy/45534307247 go check it out.,. pals,.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MrGlobe(m): 5:41pm On May 08, 2012
My problem is that I dont like when you guys are always associating Kanye with dbanj. Kanye has never made any committance with dbanj whatsoever. Dbanj is his own man. Enough of this kanye this kanye that. Mohits paid to sign a distribution deal with kanye which has failed and it involved both don jazzy. You guys run with everything, you ran with illuminati, now anywhere there is dbanj in nigeria there must be kanye. Kanye really messed up to bring this rubbish on his name.
Btw, the songs ve heard so far from the solar abi nepa plexus are trash! trash. Kill yourself if you think those songs are good.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Tcrack(m): 5:41pm On May 08, 2012
i have listened to all the songs on the album and i can tell you they were all very good songs[/b]i always tought nothing good could come out of D'PRINCE but i was plesantly suprised.[b]TAKE BANANA will be a sure club banger very soon. By the way, I am a D'BANJ Fan.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by alaoeri: 5:43pm On May 08, 2012
Have listen to it, give it to Don j he really tried but the album is kinda haste(in a rush) giving him 60%, hope it gonna be a hit and expecting better hits from him.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tonardo(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
Tcrack: i have listened to all the songs on the album and i can tell you they were all very good songs[/b]i always tought nothing good could come out of D'PRINCE but i was plesantly suprised.[b]TAKE BANANA will be a sure club banger very soon. By the way, I am a D'BANJ Fan.
the take banner is a waste of beats.....yash yash rubbish songs
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by tayoast(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
It's not a flop, not at all.

U neeed to listen attentively b4 u make ur final decision abt a track. I observed the poster and a host of others didn't digest d tracks b4 passing judgment.
There r tracks dt u wont really like but when such track is played on d radio, u just fall in love. Works like that

My fav tracks:
Tiwa's OMA GA
Wande's FOREVER and SEE MI RI
D'Prince's WHY YOU OVER THERE
Dr Sid's YOLO
Mavins' I'M A MAVIN
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by sharpman1(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
toideve:

Are u sure ur not a fan of any?

I am not a fan of any.

I was d first 2 download d whole album @ wrk....I even invited my peeps @ wrk to listen......knowing Don Jazy.....my expectations where high.

This album is nowhere near Mohits All Stars CV. I believe it is a rushed job.

Hopefully.......I'l get to like the songs as I listen more. But its far below my expectation.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by youngmonie: 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:
My problem is that I dont like when you guys are always associating Kanye with dbanj. Kanye has never made any committance with dbanj whatsoever. Dbanj is his own man. Enough of this kanye this kanye that. Mohits paid to sign a distribution deal with kanye which has failed and it involved both don jazzy. You guys run with everything, you ran with illuminati, now anywhere there is dbanj in nigeria there must be kanye. Kanye really messed up to bring this rubbish on his name.
Btw, the songs ve heard so far from the solar abi nepa plexus are trash! trash. Kill yourself if you think those songs are good.

As in....im wondering wht ppl are listenning to to.............Beats ok................lyrics are just way offf it.........
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by DAY12(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2012
I'm loving the songs

Buh still ski-banj fan anytime. wink
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by BabaEleko(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2012
The poster is D'banj, or works for him or benefits somehow from people who works for him or prolly just high on some fermented kain kain 5hit.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 5:52pm On May 08, 2012
No you guys are getting it all wrong! Dis isnt a critiscm on don jazzy production but on d musical et vocal imprints,the album looks average safe for the some. Much is expected and less is given. Marvin isnt a spectacular album joor!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by polokor60(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2012
carry go don baba j,you be the man when sabi. cool
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 08, 2012
@op All the songs that made ur Dbanj a mega star,were produced by Don Jazzy...

So for you to conderm this Album by Don Jazzy without Dbanj in it is plain Beef..

Appeciate!!!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by amosy007: 6:04pm On May 08, 2012
am a fan of fatai rollin dollar cheesy... Buh anyone goT LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE TRACKS?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? / Debie Rise - Here To Stay (Video) / Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.