Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest (826 Views)

APC Southern Aspirants Keep Mute Over "Letter Of Voluntary Withdrawal" / Ooni Caucus Rallies Yoruba Leaders Over Sunday Igboho's Arrest / DSS Keeps Mum Over Igboho’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Kwanza: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
The Federal Government and the nation’s security forces are still keeping mute over the arrest and detention of the Yoruba activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo a.k.a Sunday Igboho, on Tuesday in the Cotonou, Benin Republic.

Tribune Online’s several attempts to speak with the spokesperson of the Department of State Services (DSS), Dr Peter Afunanya, proved abortive as all his calls remained unanswered as well as WhatsApp messages.

Also, several calls put across to the Force Public Relations Officer, FPRO, Frank Mba, a Commissioner of Police, CP, were unanswered.

However, a Senior Police Officer who wanted anonymity told Tribune Online in confidence that ‘efforts are being put in place to iron out certain grey areas on the extradition of Chief Adeyemo’ to avoid diplomatic crisis between the two countries.

The arrest of Igboho by the INTERPOL in the Republic of Benin came to the public in the early hours of Tuesday.

However, neither the Federal Government nor any of its agencies were yet to react to the development or otherwise.

Tribune Onlinelearnt that all frantic efforts already being made to extradite the activist back home to face the law “are being blocked” by some interested groups within and outside the country.

Already, it was gathered that a powerful group in Nigeria had dispatched a legal team to the Republic of Benin to thwart the extraction.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/igbohos-arrest-fg-security-forces-keep-mute/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by BiafIntel: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
For those who are masturbating over his release, Food don don.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Sammy07: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
Well.
Igboho situation right now.

He's a political boy of Ladoja
He's a political boy of Makinde
He be like say he's very close to Alaafin
He's wife is a German citizen and she is also being detained.

Let's see what will happen.....!
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Ever8090: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
We don move from Obi Cubana to Sunday Igboho... Nigeria with recircleing news...
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Honesty111: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
cool
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
I thought Afonjas were celebrating his audio release?

I say pesin dey DSS gulag right now dey receive serious beating dem dey talk release.

Next update will be Igboho tied to a barrel at Bar Beach...
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by donbachi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
The cat still dey lab dey undergo all medical test to prove if human or not.the moment the result come out.fg go take action.
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Aufbauh(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
When there's a dead silence like this from the relevant security agencies, know ye that the Presidency is cooking something.

The next you'll hear from them is a press conference follow by the presentation of the substance in court.
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Samunique(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
I thought Afonjas were celebrating his audio release?

I say pesin dey DSS gulag right now dey receive serious beating dem dey talk release.

Next update will be Igboho tied to a barrel at Bar Beach...
I think your family needs to come to your aid, ( if you have any at all ) before you develop heart attack on top of Igboho matter.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Gondonu: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nothing new! It is only an evil government that will keep still over an alleged legal or illegal arrest of its citizens in a foreign land.
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lol...i love my country, the government does not need to make noise

Note: Stages of grief you will pass through after hearing that your hero Sunday Igboho has been arrested

If you need someone to talk to and to help you pass through this painful news call me on +44-808-109-DSS and i will remove delusions from your body

Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Dabronze(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
FG cant say anything thy are not sure if benin Republic will extradite sunday igboho to nigeria
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Siwisheswereesh: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
[s]
KillIgbohoN0W:
[/s][s]I thought Afonjas were celebrating his audio release?

Next update will be Igboho tied to a barrel at Bar Beach...[/s]

Stop sounding like a looonatic!!!

Even FG know they lost this one. Ideally, they would have loved the Nnamdi Kanu situation to happen to him.

Sadly, it will NEVER be... tongue Hence, they are mute!!! grin
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Siwisheswereesh: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lol...i love my country, the government does not need to make noise

Note: Stages of grief you will pass through after hearing that your hero Sunday Igboho has been arrested

If you need someone to talk to and to help you pass through this painful news call me on +44-808-109-DSS and i will remove delusions from your body

You the one in grief here. The Nnamdi Kanu treatment aint happening to Igboho.

He has either been released or is going to be released... tongue
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:

You the one in grief here. The Nnamdi Kanu treatment aint happening to Igboho.

He has either been released or is going to be released... tongue

You need this badly

Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Samunique:
I think your family needs to come to your aid, ( if you have any at all ) before you develop heart attack on top of Igboho matter.

His family has given up on him.

His problems have no solution.
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Siwisheswereesh: 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You need this badly

grin grin grin

We shall see!

All the same, Malami ain't announcing any arrest anytime soon... tongue

Just grapple with reality.

If Benin wanted to handover Igboho, they would have done that since midnight

Ntooorrr grin
Re: Federal Government, Security Mute Over Igboho's Arrest by Siwisheswereesh: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dabronze:
FG cant say anything thy are not sure if benin Republic will extradite sunday igboho to nigeria

Exactly!

If Benin wanted to, they would have done so since midnight.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB: After Killing Police What Next? / Nigerian Air Force Pays Bandits N20 Million To Avoid Shooting Down Buhari’s Plan / Breaking News: Dollar Crashes To NGN535 At The Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.