Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" (1843 Views)

VIDEO: Zimbabwean Pastor Locks Lips With Female Church Member In Front Of Others / Zimbabwean Pastor Poisons His Two Daughters To Death Before Killing Himself / Pastor Arrested For Killing Sex Worker For Rituals In Kogi State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
The Pastor and his wife scammed people into buying $500 tickets that shall get them into the gates of heaven, with no judgment.

The Pastor and his wife scammed people into buying $500 tickets that shall get them into the gates of heaven, with no judgment.

CAIRO – 8 July 2018: Pastor Tito Watts, a Zimbabwe based clergyman, and his wife, Amanda, were arrested for selling “tickets to heaven.”

According to the police, the Pastor and his wife scammed people into buying $500 tickets that shall get them into the gates of heaven, with no judgment.

Zimbabwean Pastor arrested for selling tickets to heaven for N180,000 Each

A Zimbabwe based clergyman, Pastor Tito Wats has been arrested by the police authority for financial crime.

According to the police, Pastor Tito Wats told thousands of people that it was Jesus ... pic.twitter.com/URUq4eIg6T

— vasatends (@vasatrend1) June 28, 2018

"I do not care what people or the police are saying about me, I am being persecuted because of doing the work of God," the Pastor said according to Zimbabwean news outlets.

"Jesus Christ appeared to me and gave me the tickets made of pure gold so that I can sell to people who want salvation," he added.

News reports claimed thousands of people are protesting the pastor’s arrest; they called on the police to release him immediately.

Watts told those who sought salvation that the tickets were made from solid gold and each ticket reserved the buyer a place in heaven.

Police reports said that the tickets are actually made of gold-coated wood with “Ticket to Heaven… Admit One” written over it.

Just wanted to go to space and smoke rock cocaine!

According to Inside Story, this was Watt’s police statement:

“I don’t care what the police say. The tickets are solid gold… it ain’t cut up two by fours I spray painted gold. And it was Jesus who give them to me behind the KFC and said to sell them so I could get me some money to go to outer space. I met an alien named Stevie who said if I got the cash together he’d take me and my wife on his flying saucer to his planet that’s made entirely of crack cocaine. You can smoke all the crack cocaine there you want… totally free. So, try to send an innocent man to jail and see what happens. You should arrest Jesus because he’s the one that gave me the golden tickets and said to sell them. I’m willing to wear a wire and set Jesus up…[sic]”

The wife, Amanda Watts, said the following in her police statement:

”We just wanted to leave earth and go to space and smoke rock cocaine. I didn’t do nothing. Tito sold the golden tickets to heaven. I just watched.[sic]”

Police said they confiscated over $10,000 in cash, five crack pipes and a baby alligator, Inside Story reported.

However, this is not the first time that Tito and Amanda ever hit the news, as in 2015, Del Woodcock, a customer who bought a ticket from the couple for $99.95, knew he was scammed after discovering that he only bought a wooden ticket.

“They said it was solid gold,” Woodcock said. “I don’t know what gold looks like. How was I to know it was spray painted wood? I want my $99.95 back and I hope Tito and Amanda Watts get the death penalty for what they done. They deserve it.”

Another pastor in Harare, Zimbabwe’s capital, Pastor Paul Sanyangore performed his services with “Papa God” on the phone; he just popped out his phone and called “Heaven”.

Sanyangore also claimed via his Facebook page that he can walk on water, and that he walked on the water of his pool, where he organizes baptism sessions for members of his congregation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytgG309D5RU

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by sam564: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
J
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nekwa
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Totilopussylick(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin Africa and ignorance are like 5 and 6.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by oranget(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
I blame the people he scammed, and I am not sorry for them.

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Lattop(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Mad people full that country walai

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by vibre: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
This can't be real

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Righteousness2(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hahahaha! Hahahahaha
When you refuse to Hear nor obey the Undiluted and Unadulterated word of GOD that will guarantee you Heaven, then you Must Pay for your Ignorance..

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Bluntguy: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lol. With which airline.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bluntguy:
Lol. With which airline.
Benin Airways... Lol

Lalasticlala do the needful

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by insidelife22(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
hummm,there is God oh,all this pastors should be calming down, and the sheep should sheep with sense.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by jaeyking(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Abeg which airways dem wan use
grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by ThreeEyedRaven: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
Illiteracy or the inability to think will not kill most Africans. Wozoldis?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Lordgel: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
Only in Zimbabwe...chaiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by nrexzy: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Wahala no dey finish las las
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Umaruxoxo(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
Y the arrest ?Una know weda the ticket nah sure bet,wetin be the offense now .abi him force the buyers?which kind yeye play be this nah ?some one can't sell his ticket in peace again

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by RadioMOUTH(m): 5:44am On Jul 21, 2021
grin

no comparison between religion and fraudsters

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Yommychrz(m): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Christianity na wash...everything is all about scamming the fools
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Profadvocate: 6:50am On Jul 21, 2021
Arrest this Yahoo pastor

These things are very simple
They are simple magic and power gotten from marine world
Dont attend any church that come in this form of prophesy
They are so many here in Nigeria
So many are my friends and we know them
Occult men in suit
They will sleep with your wives and your teenage daughters that are virgin all to renew marine covenant for a devilish prophesy from hell

I have a message for all of you
Ezekiel 18 verse 4
Repent or else you die evil men

Thanks to men like Kumuyi not your member but when we here a real message we know one

Dear all the rapture is near be wise
Dont let them put oil on your head the will keep sweeping u as some oil are from the other world

Thanks
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by sommy03(m): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2021
See story shocked
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by temitope27(m): 7:55am On Jul 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy African will Never stop to amaze me grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Karlovych: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
grin grin both the buyer and the seller are mad
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by paulolee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Wetin be this na.? na so people Mumu reach or e use jazz run am?
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Spending123: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin both the buyer and the seller are mad

Both the buyee and the selleee are all mad.
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by ENEMYOFGOD6: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Nothing well MUSA no go see for gate.

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by poshestmina(f): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Werey husband and wife with werey followers grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by TimiRume(f): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
This is bad.
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by INCREDIBLE007(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
grin this one restrict airflow o
another level of scam
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
temitope27:
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy African will Never stop to amaze me grin cheesy grin cheesy

Not Africans only. Humans are blind to Faiths the world over
Re: Zimbabwean Pastor Arrested For Selling "Tickets To Heaven" by Lanretoye(m): 12:06am On Jul 22, 2021
Give her the phone let her hear from God by her self.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Confronts Man After She Caught Him Performing Ritual At Her Junction / Bandits Affiliated With Terror Group Ansaru Beheads Sokoto Farmers(Graphic) / Former IGP Usman Alkali Reacts To His Dismissal By President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.