Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate (673 Views)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by HenryQuest(m): 7:30am On Jul 21, 2021
VANTAGE NEWS reports that controversy surrounds the expulsion of Oparaeke Akwaugo, a graduate of Sociology and Anthropology by the senate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), two years after she was caught engaging in examination malpractice.

Our Correspondent who obtained a copy of the expulsion letter opened an investigation into the matter and made some discoveries.

It was learnt that the incident occurred back in the first semester of 2017/2018 session when Akwaugo was in her second year.

Having admitted to have entered the hall to write the examination, GSP 105 for a paltry sum before the panel set up to investigate the matter, Akwaugo did not hear the final decision of the panel till Friday, July 16 2021.

By then she had completed her 4-year study in the institution and had gone on to celebrate with other students in the usual manner of appearing on white and having others sign on them.

Akwaugo told the panel that she agreed to engage in the malpractice because she needed financial support in school and pleaded for justice to be tampered with mercy.

She told our correspondent that she reached out to Akubue Ubasinachi, a 2019 graduate of the same department for financial assistance but Ubasinachi offered to help her with the money on the condition that she impersonates one of his multiple clients from the department of Political Science.

The candidate she impersonated had graduated from the university and reportedly serving before this hammer fell on Akwaugo, VANTAGE NEWS reports.

VANTAGE NEWS learnt that Ubasinachi who was notorious for impersonation during his schooling days, failed to appear before the panel or offer any form of assistance to the sinking Akwaugo who couldn’t control her tears while talking to our correspondent.

Aside not showing up before the panel or security unit where Akwaugo was taken after she was caught and abandoning her to her fate, Ubasinachi went on to demand for money from Akwaugo to have the case thrown out.

Ubasinachi boasted that he has the connection within the senate to ensure that the case was thrown out.

On hearing about her expulsion, Ubasinachi didn’t sympathize with her but rather boasted that he could still have the case thrown out if she could pay the money previously demanded to have the case thrown out.

Nothing was heard from the panel till the expulsion letter was sent to Akwaugo through her department.

Some of her classmates and lecturers that spoke to VANTAGE NEWS on the condition of anonymity expressed shock over the incidence as Akwaugo was said to be a bright student who never cheated in any exam they were part of.

It remains to be seen why it took the panel two years to deliver verdict on the matter, allowing the student to continue paying fees and other sundry dues during the whole time.

VANTAGE NEWS wonders why Ubasinachi was never interrogated despite glaring evidence of his involvement in the matter.

Efforts made to reach Ubasinachi prove abortive.

SOURCE: https://vantagenews.ng/2021/07/21/expelled-unn-student-decries-delayed-judgement-blames-sociology-graduate-poverty/

Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by clockwisereport: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by yanabasee1(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2021
A bad time to be a Nigerian....
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by dawnomike(m): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2021
I feel sorry for her... But, it is what it is.
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by Danzakidakura(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
This reminded me of my days in University, because of 5k I went in to write exam one of my friend had carryover in year two. I was cought red handed but the lecture a Prof asked me direct question " this is not your paper you are writing for some one " I said yes. He just look me and tell me to go and I should not do it again. That was how I gently left.
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by NairalandSARS: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yikes.
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by Obakashdee(m): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
They haveeeeee left you behind
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by Obakashdee(m): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
Danzakidakura:
This reminded me of my days in University, because of 5k I went in to write exam one of my friend had carryover in year two. I was cought red handed but the lecture a Prof asked me direct question " this is not your paper you are writing for some one " I said yes. He just look me and tell me to go and I should not do it again. That was how I gently left.

How did he single you out?
Re: Expelled UNN Student Decries Delayed Judgement, Blames Sociology Graduate by Danzakidakura(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Obakashdee:

How did he single you out?
the guy is a criminologist.

(1) (Reply)

Free Training: How To Start A Profitable Dropshipping Business With Zero Capital / I Can't Download My Npower PPA Letter / What Are The Necessary Skills Every Engineering Student Should Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.