Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained (807 Views)

Igbos Lets Forget Biafra Now Since The South South Has Declined To Join Us / Photos Of Speaker Dogara Visits To Delta State / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by step1: 11:03pm On May 12, 2011
Since yesterday, I have seen people on Nairaland open threads and celebrate what seems to be the political betrayal of Ndigbo. I find this quite sad and disheartening that SW and SS people on this forum are the ones making this seem like a joke or betrayal. The SW PDP and top politicians have made it clear that they do not want or care about who the speaker is unless someone just takes it and embezzle the money.

The Ndigbo politicians are playing "lay low" but are not m.orons. The Ndigbo have gained a lot from this arraignment but for an ignoramus, it may seem like a lie or quite unclear. I would like to make something clear to southerners; We should never make fun of a fellow southerner most especially the Igbos because right now they are on a very good platform. The answer on how igbos have gained is for the igbo leaders to decide. In other word, their destiny is in their hands.

To the south easterners on the forum, I would like to use the medium to apologise to you all on behalf of some of my people in the west. We in the west will never be happy at the downfall of igbos. I know the mature ones among you all already know this but for the ones that have taken that the yoruba mentality is to hate them and would love to see their downfall, well please do not take it to heart.

Awon omo odudua, e so ra

Igberaga ma mu e iyan son le

E jo, e so ra te se bu awon omo ibo yi

eniyan na ni won bi ti i wo

e se
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by ektbear: 11:08pm On May 12, 2011
Just karma imo. Past few weeks or so, many posters were saying that the SW was the biggest loser of the elections.

I don't see anything wrong in serving crow to such people.
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by step1: 11:21pm On May 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Just karma imo. Past few weeks or so, many posters were saying that the SW was the biggest loser of the elections.

I don't see anything wrong in serving crow to such people.

I guess as well but just because some of them speak ill of us does not mean we should make fun of them. The way we are putting it is like we want their downfall in Nigeria.

The other day I was reading a poster's post named Ezeuche; I quote the SW (yorubas) are the political york that have held the SE (igbos) from power. Now such statements are very wrong and should not be allowed on this site.
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by jason123: 11:25pm On May 12, 2011
step1:

I guess as well but just because some of them speak ill of us does not mean we should make fun of them. The way we are putting it is like we want their downfall in Nigeria.

The other day I was reading a poster's post named Ezeuche; I quote the SW (yorubas) are the political york that have held the SE (igbos) from power. Now such statements are very wrong and should not be allowed on this site.

Trust me, Ezeuche is DAF T!!!! Igbos and Yorubas are cool!!! cool People on this site are just catching fun!!!
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 12, 2011
Argh! Never mind them.
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by emekagh(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2011
jason123:

Trust me, Ezeuche is DAF T!!!! Igbos and Yorubas are cool!!!  cool People on this site are just catching fun!!!

There is nothing wrong with Ezeuche, some of you SW guys on NL are just sowing seeds of hatred and discord.
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by ektbear: 11:32pm On May 12, 2011
step1:

*shrug*

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If they want to mock us for perceived losses politically, it is only fair if they should expect the same back.

Any complaints at being mocked are simply hypocritical
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by jason123: 11:34pm On May 12, 2011
emeka_gh:

There is nothing wrong with Ezeuche, some of you SW guys on NL are just sowing seeds of hatred and discord.

I am a SSoutherner from Delta state!

No one is sowing any seed of discord.3 weeks ago, everything was calm until some Igbo posters started insulting Yorubas and how they lost politically and all. I warned to no results. Now the Yorubas are simply trying to catch their fun too!!

You have to get use to this site. Its a cat and mouse game between Yorubas and Igbos!!!
Re: Why The Celebration of speaker position When South Has Gained by step1: 11:37pm On May 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

*shrug*

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If they want to mock us for perceived losses politically, it is only fair if they should expect the same back.

Any complaints at being mocked are simply hypocritical

Dapo, what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Lets leave tribalism for the immature ones, we yorubas are known to be well educated not only in Nigeria but the world. If the igbos for any reason hate us then leave them for God to take control.

(1) (Reply)

Acn's Version Of True Federalism / Jonathan In Talks With Tinubu, Akume, Akande, Ngige, Others / Gov. Peter Obi And Bianca Abandon Ikemba In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.