Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Help With Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help With Skin (775 Views)

Achieve Radiant Skin With Skin Bleaching Services In Las Vegas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 6:27am On Jul 22, 2021
Hi. I have a slightly dark facial skin but my body is bright chocolate color. Is there a way to make my face less darker? I use Irish Spring soap for 7 years now.

The only time my face seemed less dark was when I used dove. But that soap is too slippery.

1 Like

Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jeez, no reply? That’s why I so much hate posting in the right section
Re: Help With Skin by Nozino: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Hi. I have a slightly dark facial skin but my body is bright chocolate color. Is there a way to make my face less darker? I use Irish Spring soap for 7 years now.

The only time my face seemed less dark was when I used dove. But that soap is too slippery.

Use sun screen
Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nozino:

Use sun screen

Care to recommend?
Re: Help With Skin by mariahAngel(f): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

The facial skin will always be darker than the body because it is more exposed to sunlight.
If it bothers you so much, you can consider using sunscreen.
Is it that noticeably dark?
What moisturizers do you use?

2 Likes

Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

The facial skin will always be darker than the body because it is more exposed to sunlight.
If it bothers you so much, you can consider using sunscreen.
Is it that noticeably dark?
What moisturizers do you use?

Thanks. I use Nivea natural fairness cream. The thing is, I hardly go out in the sun. Even if I go out, it’s just like 10-15 minutes and I’m back. Hardly walk under the sun. I can go a week without going out. I work from home.
Re: Help With Skin by mariahAngel(f): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Thanks. I use Nivea natural fairness cream. The thing is, I hardly go out in the sun. Even if I go out, it’s just like 10-15 minutes and I’m back. Hardly walk under the sun. I can go a week without going out. I work from home.

Since you stay mostly indoors, you could try using just moisturizing soap without cream. (Give it a try for like a week or less) The culprit could be the Nivea.

Or does your skin feel dry after bathing without moisturizing? (The skin usually naturally restores to normal with time when the sebaceous glands release their oil)
Your environment is cool right?
Also, staying hydrated helps brighten your complexion.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Since you stay mostly indoors, you could try using just moisturizing soap without cream. (Give it a try for like a week or less) The culprit could be the Nivea.

Or does your skin feels dry after bathing without moisturizing? (The skin usually naturally restores to normal with time when the sebaceous glands release their oil)
Your environment is cool right?
Also, staying hydrated helps brighten your complexion.

Yeah my environment is mostly cool. Even cooler now during this period. I also take a lot of water but that doesn’t help much. And yes, my face is extremely dry after taking my bath if I don’t use cream. Any idea for moisturizing soap?
Re: Help With Skin by mariahAngel(f): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Yeah my environment is mostly cool. Even cooler now during this period. I also take a lot of water but that doesn’t help much. And yes, my face is extremely dry after taking my bath if I don’t use cream. Any idea for moisturizing soap?

Extract is a good soap to try. (If you're going to get it, make sure it's a place where they sell original products)
Lux is also a very good and simple moisturizing soap rich in oils, if you're not prone to pimples.
Re: Help With Skin by Nozino: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Care to recommend?

I use the one from Jenny’s glow. But I’m very fair. Try any of the jergen’s or Nirvea products. Get one with at least 50% spf.
Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Extract is a good soap to try. (If you're going to get it, make sure it's a place where they sell original products)
Lux is also a very good and simple moisturizing soap rich in oils, if you're not prone to pimples.

Thank you. I’ll try extract.
Re: Help With Skin by GabriellePeake: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
I think it's normal for facial skin to be a little darker than body skin, but you can fix it with makeup if it bothers you. Some of my friends know how to do makeup well and hide their flaws with it. But if you don't like using makeup, you can use face masks or soaps from NicerAbode's list of indian soap brands and TFM value to lighten your face tone. I know that such cosmetics are in demand in many cultures. You can even consult your dermatologist about choosing the right product. It's vital that it suits your skin and doesn't dry it out or cause allergic reactions.
Re: Help With Skin by SenecaTheYonger: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

I took your advice it and worked. I went with Extract. My skin looks and feels great now. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Help With Skin by mariahAngel(f): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

I took your advice it and worked. I went with Extract. My skin looks and feels great now. Thanks again.

I’m glad it did.
You’re welcome.
I appreciate the feedback. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Water Not Given To Accident Victims Even When They Feel Thirsty? / The Ever Living / Loosing Weight Without Loosing Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.