Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate (42006 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— / Anything But Cow Day: Afenifere, Adams, Igboho To Launch Campaign Against Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by KillMNKnow(f): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2021
A long-time associate of Yoruba Nation arrowhead, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, has narrated how he told the activist to stop visiting his residence in Cotonou, Benin Republic, the day policemen came to survey his house.

The activist’s associate, who spoke on condition of anonymity, because of the nature of the matter, told The PUNCH that before Igboho’s ordeal with the Nigerian government began in January 2021, the activist usually lodged in his house each time he came to Benin Republic.

However, the source said he told the activist not to visit his place when the police in Benin Republic came to survey his house earlier in the year.

Recall that presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, had said in January that the then Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had ordered the arrest of Igboho, who rose to prominence when he issued and enforced an ultimatum to ‘killer herders’ in the Ibarapa area of Oyo State.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Department of State Services on February 26, 2021, attempted to arrest Igboho along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway when Igboho and his supporters were on their way to meet with 93-year-old Afenifere chieftain, Ayo Adebanjo, but pandemonium broke out and the DSS was unable to arrest the activist.

However, the DSS raided Igboho’s residence in the Soka area of Ibadan on July 1, 2021, arrested at least 12 of his associates and killed two others during the bloody raid.

Igboho narrowly escaped the raid and the secret police subsequently declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms to destabilise Nigeria under the pretext of Yoruba Nation agitation but Igboho denied the allegation.

The activist, who went underground, was, however, apprehended on Monday night in Cotonou. It was learnt that the Nigerian government had written Interpol to hunt Igboho. Igboho and his wife were arrested by Interpol at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou around 8pm on Monday while trying to catch a flight to Germany.

The PUNCH gathered that the Federal Government planned to extradite the activist on Wednesday (yesterday), but Benin Republic insisted that it would not be part of any process that was against due process.

Igboho’s associate said everything happened so fast and the Nigerian government had been on the lookout for Igboho long ago. He also said the Nigerian government had written the government of Benin Republic to hunt Igboho.

The source said, “Before now, whenever Sunday wanted to come to Benin Republic, I was always aware. He would call me on the phone that he was coming. But since policemen came to my house to check my house, I told Sunday that ‘please you can’t stay here any longer’. Maybe because of that, Sunday didn’t inform me.

“On Monday, I heard Sunday was at the airport. I tried to call him that he was not supposed to be at the airport because Nigeria already wrote a letter to Interpol.

“Immediately, I tried to call someone at the airport to tell him to leave the place, five minutes later, I was notified by my sources in the criminal police that they arrested one Nigerian. I asked what the name was and my source told me; Sunday Adeyemo. I shouted. I asked why they did that and they said it was an order from above.”

Meanwhile, Igboho’s lawyers said they are in talks with the Beninise Government to stop the planned extradition of their clients to Nigeria.

A member of Igboho’s legal team, Pelumi Olajengbesi, told our correspondents that Igboho and his wife, a German citizen, were still in police custody in Cotonou and his lawyers were meeting with the government to argue their case.

He said, “The disposition of Benin Republic is that it is a country that respects the rule of law. We are making efforts that he is not repatriated wrongly to Nigeria. We are ensuring that everything is done in accordance with the law and we are very hopeful that we would succeed because we expect that there should be a repatriation hearing before they can extradite him if at all they would do that.”

https://punchng.com/i-told-igboho-to-stay-away-day-benin-police-searched-my-house-associate/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by BigDick70inch(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2021
That man together with his family.........sud be rounded up and beheaded........

The hediot had hint on before time........but couldn't let Sunday igboho know before he got apprehended,........

Death to him with his eyes service......

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by yinkus6750(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2021
Staying away or not, he was finally arrested in same Benin Republic.
From activism to agitator.
They are two different things.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by KillMNKnow(f): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2021
BigDick70inch:
That man together with his family.........sud be rounded up and beheaded........

The hediot had hint on before time........but couldn't let Sunday igboho know before he got apprehended,........

Death to him with his eyes service......
Hmm Negros

9 Likes

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by habiham: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2021
No matter what Sunday igboho will forever remain the voice of yoruba and the most respected yoruba man. .. all his trials are just making of the film show

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by lkillbrokehoes: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Hmm Negros
The way zone bs are getting multiple orgasm because igboho was caught, he go shock una soon. cheesy

26 Likes

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Monogamy: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2021
So Koiki guy is the alleged saboteurs now..

Very funny life.

Sulele04, what yah say
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by ignis: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Saboteurs will always claim anonymity.

Yorubas have the highest population of Saboteurs.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by iamyemiakins(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Expect more from people who haven't even had any conversation with Igboho before.

Dem sha wan use Igboho trend

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by MyLady11(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Dm for ur igboho location

1 Like

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by chidiebube107: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Mazi my real n***
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Stephendeals: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Every Good and Working Government especially Democracy should accept criticism and try to better the lot of the entire citizenry not just a section...

At this point May the Law take it course...

Do not stay away from my side o.... I sell new Laptops and printers

2 Likes

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Sonnobax15(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2021
undecided
"Fly wey wor follow dead body enter grave no dey hear word na"

A true freedom fighter doesn't fight and run away...Na wetin make dem Tompolo be man today.....Stay for your house and prove your point by fighting for whatever agenda you believes in... Tompolo go always dey for him creek anytime any day....Even when he was declared wanted,he still dey run him deals for the creek...

Honestly,I'm of the one few people who feels so disappointed at the way Igboho was caught like a mere chicken....I be dey expect am to disappear like I dey imagine am to...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by ValCon888: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2021
First it was Nnamdi Kanu. Now, it's Sunday Igboho.
But bandits are roaming free in our forests without a care in the world.
No attempt by the Fulani government to stop Fulani terrorism.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by theTranscriber: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2021
Crooks everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Haapi(f): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2021
A friend in need is a friend Indeed..

Assuming already he have achieved his aim ..the Yoruba elite will be dying to associate with him....

Now he have ran in2 some troubles...they lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by espn(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2021
Gbam...
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by iamyemiakins(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2021
Make una do close this first page before that vulture griller comes with his usual trash

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by homealone00: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2021
This Shit and hellhole wey we de call kantree. shocked

1 Like

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by seunaj: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2021
B
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Grace001: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2021
It has already been confirmed that Sunday is in possession of Benin republic fake passport, which is a big offense in Benin republic.

Sunday will likely end up in Porto Novo prison or Zongo prison for the offense of “ faux passeport
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Sulele04(m): 10:29am On Jul 22, 2021
Monogamy:
So Koiki guy is the alleged saboteurs now..

Very funny life.

Sulele04, what yah say
Fake news peddler undecided.

2 Likes

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2021
Igboho in Benin's custody? The news sounds embarrassing to me. Maybe na bcoz I still dey see Naija as giant of Africa anyway.

iamyemiakins:
Make una do close this first page before that vulture griller comes with his usual trash

A n le bo leyin, Jagunlabi n le ara iwaju.

Check below cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2021
NIGERIA IS NOT WITNESSING ANY TRIBAL WAR TODAY BECAUSE THESE NORTHERNERS NEVER RETALIATED OR CARRIED OUT ANY REVENGE ATTACKS ON THE YORUBAS AND IGBOS STAYING IN THEIR ZONES.

These Northerners who we labeled Illiterates have proven to be the most Intelligent people in this country.

I doff my hat for each and everyone from the North who showed a high level of patience and displayed absolute Maturity even when they were forced to act.

Today, the two idiots from Southeast and Southwest who have tormented, lampooned, abused, slaughter*d and maltreated Northerners who live in their zones have been arrested by the Authorities.

When you talk about Patriotic and dedicated Nigerians, you must have to face the North while making your instances, those guys are more Nigerians than all of us.

Mosques were destroyed in the South, no Church was destroyed in the North.

Islamic Premises were attacked in he South, no Christian domains was attacked in the North.

Northerners got k!lled in and many injured in the South, but no Southerner was k!lled or injured in the North.

Now we are watching the Nigerian Government, we expect to absolute judgement and justice done in this case, Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Igboho must face the full wrath of the law, this will go a long way to calm many nerves and bring back the peace of this Country.

Daalu Chi wink!!

Legendforte:
You have said it all. To hell with Kanu and Ighoho.
Gbamsolutely!
To hell with all sponsored and violent idiots in our beloved nation.
Devil will punish anyone, along with their supporters, that have caused the deaths of innocent Nigerians.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2021
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

Fastlinkpro:
Abeg make una no vex, i wan to ask one question

All these freedom fighters, are they suppose to be hiding and agitate?
Who you dey beg make dem no vex?
Better learn how to express your self without minding what anyone says.
That is the only way a man can move forward in life.
If you start paying too much attention to some online nuisances and nonentities ehn? That is dangerous for you.
The second image is for you personally.
#BeLikeDemMANNA.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by issabellar: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2021
We will see what will end this case
Re: I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate by VillageHead: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2021
The other time it was Chidinma Ojukwu trending later, It was Mazi Nnamdi kanu then, Obi Cubana now, it is Sunday Igboho.

One week, One story!

BTW

Our Fulani killers are living large and sprawling obese while freedom agitators are persecuted.

This is pure witch-hunting, a typical example of leaving the arse that polluted the air to give knocks to the head.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Sheikh Ahmad Sulaiman, Buhari's Prayer Warrior Arrested By Police / Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Senators - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.