Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,122 members, 7,953,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms (10893 Views)

How fake news almost ruined my 40-year-old marriage — Lai Mohammed / Olusegun Osoba: How Fake News From Foreign Media Triggered 1967 Civil War / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by temitope27(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2021
If 146,000,000 die yearly,so in the next 10years we all die Finnish

4 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Geeman2006: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2021
brainpulse:
Nairaland one of the agents of fake news.

Where illiterates, half baked and those with very low IQ comment on what they absolutely don't have any idea of

Agreed 100%...

3 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Btruth: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2021
Monogamy:
Fake news is something to be worried about in Nigeria
something to be worried about around the world.

1 Like

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Chieffoo007: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2021
Fake news is normal it can only be treat

1 Like

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Ishilove: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2021
salesbloo:
I was ashamed to see on front page yesterday? That was too bad ...We have Benin Electricity Distribution Company Plc in charge of Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and Delta States.

Worst still Op of the article could not differentiate wether BEDC is a private or public organization . How does such made it to the front page?
The problem is there is just one principal super moderator for the home page. This makes it difficult for the moderator to thoroughly verify every news article before posting to the frontpage. Note I wrote thoroughly. This means he runs checks but not as comprehensively as he ordinarily should because if he spends too much time on each thread, the homepage will suffer, and in turn, traffic will plunge, and when traffic plunges, the admin's pocket will feel the pinch. The pressure on this one supermod is quite much so sometimes news like the one you have mentioned in your post slips through the net.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Abs76: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2021
Geeman2006:
Even on this platform yesterday, Someone posted a video of a man in diaspora hurling insults on The womens falcon team. The headline boldly said the Man is Fulani, I challenged the OP to mention where or how he came about the conclusion the man is Fulani. OP said the Man mentioned it in the video. I said ok point to the time let me take note maybe I missed that part watching the video. OP went blank... undecided
And almost every commenter actually believed he was Fulani.
Numerous cases even on Nairaland here.
I saw the video the man is southerner he was the one abusing Fulani , but the part I enjoyed most when he said he was suffering out there due to Fulani I said to myself when did Fulani any Fulani man governed any of there states for last 22yrs only gullible empty skull will believe their lies

4 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Litmus: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2021
Abalado:
I didn't even bother to read the story,is too long for me to read,can anyone summarize it for me pls

It says, today’s people are morally bankrupt because they can’t be bothered to read articles more than 200 words long except if the article has gory pictures of dead bodies, booty or clearly about backward ethnic cussing and juju .

2 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Timmi: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2021
Abalado:
I didn't even bother to read the story,is too long for me to read,can anyone summarize it for me pls

Who tamper with your brain? Go and get it back and then exercise it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Ekugbeh(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2021
OBJ said Jonathan was training snipers and most Media outfit carried it. Was it verified?
What the lies APC told concerning Jonathan's government, were they verified?
Most importantly things that were written about men of God, were they verified?
Now you are being fought for things you could put in place before now, you're writing long epistle
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Patrioticman007(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2021
Abalado:

That" FAKE NEWS KILLS FASTER THAN A BULLET".

2 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by barragan: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2021
This is strange coming from premium times, when they are one of the biggest purveyors of fake news in this country. They are right behind Sahara reporters and those other dingbats shitgazatte in the fake news industry. I an remember the fake investigation they did on lekki incident, a disgraceful shitshow it was. You fools better fix up, you have no other country than this one, don't destroy it because you don't like the president

3 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by seyz91(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Noone can just go back up and read
Abalado:
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Ahmeduana(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2021
APC was the founder and creator of fake news, we warned then, that what they are initiating is an monumental irreversable wild fire that will surely leads to disaster...
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by J2381: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2021
Well this issue of fake news started the moment the craze to make money via blogging became known.

Those who spread fake news know in their heart of hearts, that most Nigerians don't even bother to verify or even ask questions whenever they read news online.

Some don't even read the detail of the news, all they do is read headlines and make opinions of it.

I once said it the FG should establish an agency whose sole responsibility is to fish out the agents of fake news in whatever form. Anybody who spread fake news, misinformation and the likes should be held accountable, even if that person is a blogger or whatever.

2 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by 10mobile: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I wonder how some animals find it so easy to sit down & concoct false news.

Like I said above, they're nothing but animals.

Oga I-too-know, blame the hungry bloggers. NL is a result of somebody's IQ. You that are literate & full baked, of what good are you to your generation other than ass-licking APC? You're politically biased & not patriotic, that's why I don't like the other Grilling guy too.
Naịl on the head. Abeg, what are you drinking?
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by authority2006(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2021
With #Endsars protests, I got to understand what fake news could do to a society. Fake news, false narrations, fake and photoshoped pictures, manipulated videos of soldiers killing hundreds of protesters and so on. Na so people got angry and started setting Lagos and some other cities on fire, started killing any police officer they came across. At the end of the day, the massacre turned out to be original audio. Lol. But the damage was already done

5 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
10mobile:

Naịl on the head. Abeg, what are you drinking?

Mixture

1 Like

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Okoroawusa: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
salesbloo:
I was ashamed to see on front page yesterday? That was too bad ...We have Benin Electricity Distribution Company Plc in charge of Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and Delta States.

Worst still Op of the article could not differentiate wether BEDC is a private or public organization . How does such made it to the front page?
Excuse me, some brought a report bearing Edo Electricity Distribution Company and it made the news? Like seriously? That's pathetic!
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by salesbloo: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Excuse me, some brought a report bearing Edo Electricity Distribution Company and it made the news? Like seriously? That's pathetic!

https://www.nairaland.com/6658696/corruption-edo-state-power-distribution
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Fosha876: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
see below

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Okoroawusa: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Geeman2006:
Even on this platform yesterday, Someone posted a video of a man in diaspora hurling insults on The womens falcon team. The headline boldly said the Man is Fulani, I challenged the OP to mention where or how he came about the conclusion the man is Fulani. OP said the Man mentioned it in the video. I said ok point to the time let me take note maybe I missed that part watching the video. OP went blank... undecided
And almost every commenter actually believed he was Fulani.
Numerous cases even on Nairaland here.
I didn't fall for that news. My first thought was "what is a fulani man doing in Austria?" even before I clicked on the video. It was a click bait and many people fell for it thereby making it viral and making money for bloggers.

2 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Okoroawusa: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
salesbloo:

https://www.nairaland.com/6658696/corruption-edo-state-power-distribution
This is terrible... I am ashamed. The thread is on its third line and counting now.

1 Like

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Geeman2006: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Okoroawusa:

I didn't fall for that news. My first thought was "what is a fulani man doing in Austria?" even before I clicked on the video. It was a click bait and many people fell for it thereby making it viral and making money for bloggers.

Very correct.

2 Likes

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
If nothing is done about Opera News, na that platform go singlehandedly destroy this country.
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by naijaman2225(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Litmus:

It says, today’s people are morally bankrupt because they can’t be bothered to read articles more than 200 words long except if the article has gory pictures of dead bodies, booty or clearly about backward ethnic cussing and juju .
U DESERVE AN AWARD... SMILE
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by naijaman2225(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
J2381:
Well this issue of fake news started the moment the craze to make money via blogging became known.

Those who spread fake news know in their heart of hearts, that most Nigerians don't even bother to verify or even ask questions whenever they read news online.

Some don't even read the detail of the news, all they do is read headlines and make opinions of it.

I once said it the FG should establish an agency whose sole responsibility is to fish out the agents of fake news in whatever form. Anybody who spread fake news, misinformation and the likes should be held accountable, even if that person is a blogger or whatever.
OKAY... BUT WHAT IF THE PERSON NA FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ITSELF.

1 Like

Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Omanze: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
abc115:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/474927-how-fake-news-hurts-editorial-relationships-in-newsrooms.html

I concur!

Fake news is extremely dangerous.

Please Nigerians, let's join hands to quench the flame of fake news.
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by ivolt: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Premium times will soon be declared an enemy by peaceful freedom warriors.
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Gfskw: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
How
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by Basher8583: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2021
Abalado:

Hmmm so this simple post is too long for you to handle hen.

If na long preek now you go fit handle that one
Re: How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms by FakeUnity: 1:30am On Jul 23, 2021
APC started fake news through lie mohammed- Africa's most dangerous propagandist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Can’t Be Ballot Stuffing, Snatching In 2023 Election – INEC / Nigerians Are the Most Corrupt People In the World? / Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.