Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Babcock University Cafeteria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Babcock University Cafeteria (1721 Views)

Liferock Cafeteria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babcock University Cafeteria by Josephoki: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2021
We are a problem to ourselves in this country and we have a long way to go, I was in Babcock university cafeteria to eat and can you imagine they only serve egg with any food you buy and I asked why said school policy to maintain vegetarian policy to all students. Can you image because one person in position of power is a vegetarian so everyone under him should be a vegetarian. No meat, fish ponmo nothing on your food only egg, African mentality power drunk set of people.
Re: Babcock University Cafeteria by harmargedon: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2021
Na dia wey be that. They eat everything with egg.
Re: Babcock University Cafeteria by Taiwo20(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2021
The school is owned by the Seventh Day Adventist and I think it part of the doctrine/belief to be vegan or vegetarian

"Many Adventists are vegetarian (no meat) or vegan (no animal products, such as milk or eggs). They tend to stay away from smoking, drinking and other things known to be harmful or mind-altering. Exercise, being outdoors, resting, and drinking lots of water are other parts to healthy living usually taught by Adventists"
Re: Babcock University Cafeteria by mariahAngel(f): 11:22am On Jul 22, 2021
Josephoki:
We are a problem to ourselves in this country and we have a long way to go, I was in Babcock university cafeteria to eat and can you imagine they only serve egg with any food you buy and I asked why said school policy to maintain vegetarian policy to all students. Can you image because one person in position of power is a vegetarian so everyone under him should be a vegetarian. No meat, fish ponmo nothing on your food only egg, African mentality power drunk set of people.

It is not about power, but about the school’s principles.
You should know that already and respect that.
We can’t always (be allowed to) do how we please.
When you go to certain places, you respect their rules.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Cafeteria by Youngsage: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

It is not about power, but about the school’s principles.
You should know that already and respect that.
We can’t always (be allowed to) do how we please.
When you go to certain places, you respect their rules.

Some principles should have no place in rational society of today, especially not in an academic environment. It serves no practical purpose to restrict students to a particular meal, just because!

And truth is, most of the students wouldn't have known about such a principle until they were immersed in the system. It is not one of the publicised rules of the school. I feel so bad for the students already sad
Re: Babcock University Cafeteria by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Oh! Babcock serves food without fish and meat. Really interesting. I have been trying to know the Nigerian version of food for Adventists. This is a clue. But egg isn't vegetarian. Actually, not all Adventists are vegetarian. But it is a good policy in Babcock which will make people live longer. I know cos I have researched it.

To OP: anyone who attends their university must obey and abide by their rules. Their rules are published before you chose to enrol as a student, or before you took your children there. If you aren't pleased with the rules, take your children to where you belong. It is as simple as ABC. How many of you eating meat and fish live beyond 40 without having health issues? By the time this OP complaining gets to 45 or if he is around the age, the possibility he is nursing high blood pressure if not diabetes is very high. From statistics, over 80% 45years+ Nigerians have high blood pressure. And life expectancy in Nigeria for both male and female is 53 - 55 years. So, what the heck is he saying? With the rubbish diseased infected and frequently raped Fulani cattle around, steroid and drugs fed chickens and eggs, he is still complaining instead of being grateful. Even the eggs, I will never eat outside. Never! Always organic.

If there is one thing I am proud of Adventist for, it is their diet.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help On How To Make Noodles With Egg / How To Prepare Oats With Microwave / How To Prepare Delicious Egg Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.