Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns (896 Views)

Hisbah: We Won’t Stop Destroying Alcholic Drinks, Kano Has Other Revenue Sources / Don’t Criminalise Miyetti Allah, Presidency Warns / "FG May Shutdown Unless NASS Reconvenes" - Presidency Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Voice22: 4:41am On Jul 23, 2021
Stop destroying Nigerias image overseas you gain nothing Presidency warns, The Presidency has warned those disparaging Nigeria and its citizens outside the shores of the country, to desist from it It also flayed calls for foreign intervention in Nigeria’s affairs, describing those behind them as acting in bad faith. This was contained in a statement signed by Senior Special Assistant to President, Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu on Wednesday Shehu
made reference to Katsina State Governor Aminu Masaris recent description of the calls on “foreign powers to meddle in the internal affairs of Nigeria as the “highest level of unpatriotism He cautioned Nigerians to be good ambassadors of Nigeria if they want foreigners to think positively about the country, The statement read Theres nothing to gain by disparaging your country overseas Every citizen must respect their nation, Those countries they go to and say bad things about Nigeria their citizens dare not do that When they go outside they speak well of their nation, They are ambassadors of their own country, They are salesmen for their nations Why do we go out and tell the worst stories of our own country, I think that Nigerians have to change, If we don’t love this country and if we dont promote it nobody will do it for us. This is very clear from the message Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State issued a few days ago. I am voice 22 the voice of the masses and nairal land reporter, Is Right to Destroyed Nigeria Image Abroad According to the Presidency let me know your opinion in the comments Section below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4pQ3iryzI

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by kollinz1234(m): 5:26am On Jul 23, 2021
So we should keep lying and covering up until fulani headsmen come and kill us

4 Likes

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by nthony10: 6:09am On Jul 23, 2021
You don't expect patriotism from people you

1. Shot at because they were protesting for justice
2. Banned their means of livelihood (crypto)
3. Banned their major means of communication (Twitter)
4. Took away their future (excessive borrowing)
5. Called lazy just to look good in front of the international community
6. Stifled their business by reducing the dollar quantity accessible to them.
7. Visibly ignored their voices and choose to support a known terrorist in the government.
(The list is endless)

Truth is Bihari and his cohorts don't give a damm about Nigeria, it's either they are on top or the country burns.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Babaken(m): 6:17am On Jul 23, 2021
The one una Mr integrity disgrace her youth by calling them lazy that one no join abi.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2021
Babaken:
The one una Mr integrity disgrace her youth by calling them lazy that one no join abi.
So e don turn competition now? Oga, let's stop destroying the country in international consciousness, there is nothing to gain here, i dont see the fun in a citizen going to social media and say all sort of things on her own country, some of our problems need to be addressed within the confines of this great nation, nobody is coming to our aid, we are just giving people a room to mock us

We shoulda known when our jokes has questionable taste.
na mumu deh worry us

1 Like

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by houseontherock: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2021
I guess you people should be allowed to continuously destroy the image along with the people instead undecided
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 6:30am On Jul 23, 2021
kollinz1234:
Oga, there is nothing bad in reporting FH cases or other security challenges.

There are things we do that isn't just right, how do u mock ur country and ridicule it then still expect to have a pride among ur foreign counterparts?
My problem was never the govt but the people, imagine those black south Africans insulting us on twitter, people weh normally we suppose better pass.
And whenever we are insulted, u see them insulting us with things we took to social media (u can't see SA and Ghana fighting, u can't see kennya and Cameroon fighting, its always Nigeria and others) and then we come to post nobody is as savage as Nigerians bla bla, what sorta useless bragging is that
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by yommen: 6:34am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:
Oga the president was right, let's stop making the country look bad in international consciousness, there is nothing to gain here, na mumu deh worry us

What has the government itself done to project a good image for itself, I ask?

1. Poor human right practices, selective justice- does it make sense?

2. Closed Benin Republic boarder and stopped people from doing businesses but open it for Dangote to bring in and out his own goods, left northern boarder line open for terrorists from Niger Republic free access. Is this fair?

3 commanded soldiers to shoot at peaceful protesters- does this give Nigeria a good name?

4. Continuous killings of farmers by Buhari's kingsmen, especially in Benue without the government deploying adequate security. In fact, the governor of the state was targeted because he spoke against the continued attack on his people. Has the DSS ever deemed it fit to visit those places? No!!! Its an opposition party thing, right? The citizens are Nigerians.

The list is too long to exhaust.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by yommen: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:

There are things we do that isn't just right, how do u mock ur country and ridicule it then still expect to have a pride among ur foreign counterparts?
My problem was never the govt but the people, imagine those black south Africans insulting us on twitter, people weh normally we suppose better pass.
And whenever we are insulted, u see them insulting us with things we took to social media

Tell your government to be responsible and fulfill their election promises. Bandits are kidnapping people continuously across the country for ransome. Nigerian were known to be among the best but the reverse is the case when it come to protecting Nigerians against Boko Haram and bandits. In fact, bandit and terrorists alongside DSS are better equipped than Nigerian army!!! Is it when bandit get to my backyard in Lagos that I will now start shouting? The rate of killings in Nigeria is too much and you tell us to keep quiet!!! Don't worry. You can keep quiet even when they are at your backyard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2021
yommen:

What has the government itself done to project a good image for itself, I ask?

1. Poor human right practices, selective justice- does it make sense?

2. Closed Benin Republic boarder and stopped people from doing businesses but open it for Dangote to bring in and out his own goods, left northern boarder line open for terrorists from Niger Republic free access. Is this fair?

3 commanded soldiers to shoot at peaceful protesters- does this give Nigeria a good name?

4. Continuous killings of farmers by Buhari's kingsmen, especially in Benue without the government deploying adequate security. In fact, the governor of the state was targeted because he spoke against the continued attack on his people. Has the DSS ever deemed it fit to visit those places? No!!! Its an opposition party thing, right? The citizens are Nigerians.

The list is too long to exhaust.
SMH, u people will always find a way to justify ur dirty actions and life on Social media.

Most of our problems can be solved within and between us, but we take it out and no one is there to solve it for us, rather we get into insults with other countries and they use it against us and ridicule the countrt then we come here to shout Nigerians are savages bla bla
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 6:45am On Jul 23, 2021
yommen:

Tell your government to be responsible and fulfill their election promises. Bandits are kidnapping people continuously across the country for ransome. Nigerian were known to be among the best but the reverse is the case when it come to protecting Nigerians against Boko Haram and bandits. In fact, bandit and terrorists alongside DSS are better equipped than Nigerian army!!! Is it when bandit get to my backyard in Lagos that I will now start shouting? The rate of killings in Nigeria is too much and you tell us to keep quiet!!! Don't worry. You can keep quiet even when they are at your backyard.
Nobody stops u from reporting bandits, the govt has even told u that if u see any funny movements, be sure to raise alarm, whether u are sure or u ain't.

The disgracing of the country is something else entirely and u know that we behave like jungle people on SM, this is the nonsense that should stop and not reporting of bandits or FH, no deh try to butter the main issue
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2021
kollinz1234:

Since you have been talking so far how have the foreign countries helped you?
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Theunbothered: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Garbage Shehu and his cabal of crooks have done more to ruin Nigeria's image than any other person online.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Theunbothered: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:
SMH, u people will always find a way to justify ur dirty actions and life on Social media.

Most of our problems can be solved within and between us, but we take it out and no one is there to solve it for us, rather we get into insults with other countries and they use it against us and ridicule the countrt then we come here to shout Nigerians are savages bla bla

OK richmond500 what are we supposed to do?

Please bring forth a solution that has not been proposed ad nauseum by the same people the government is trying to silence.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Theunbothered: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:
Nobody stops u from reporting bandits, the govt has even told u that if u see any funny movements, be sure to raise alarm, whether u are sure or u ain't.

The disgracing of the country is something else entirely and u know that we behave like jungle people on SM, this is the nonsense that should stop and not reporting of bandits or FH, no deh try to butter the main issue

https://www.thecable.ng/inside-story-how-police-ignored-alert-on-bandits-presence-day-before-kagara-school-attack/amp

https://punchng.com/we-know-where-kidnappers-are-only-being-careful-lai-mohammed/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/prosecuting-bandits-not-fgs-job-lai-mohammed/amp/

1 Like

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Grace001: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2021
That’s what you get for FAKE UNITY.

The percentage of Nigerians that are patriotic is reducing everyday.

Continue to deceive yourself with fake one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Otuegbe: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:

you want us to tell the world that Nigerians are enjoying abi?
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2021
Theunbothered:

OK richmond500 what are we supposed to do?

Please bring forth a solution that has not been proposed ad nauseum by the same people the government is trying to silence.
We can start be reducing our

fraudulent activities

Glamorizing the activities of BH, FH, Bandits and Ipob

Stop spreading fake news

Respect peoples values, opinions, tribes, belief, struggle etc

There are a lot of thing we could do to set the precedence then we come as one and face the govt if they aren't doing enough.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:

And whenever we are insulted, u see them insulting us with things we took to social media (u can't see SA and Ghana fighting, u can't see kennya and Cameroon fighting, its always Nigeria and others) and then we come to post nobody is as savage as Nigerians bla bla, what sorta useless bragging is that

Everyone fights once they are being victimized, it's clear you haven't heard about the ambazonian struggle in Cameroon as of today.

The federal government is doing a better job of disparaging Nigeria and Nigerians than anyone abroad.

Let them look inwards and stop victimisation of Nigerians and actually build a better nation and a lot of folks won't complain or agitate for their own nations, but am very sure they won't treat the root cause of the problem, only the symptoms.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 7:05am On Jul 23, 2021
Otuegbe:
you want us to tell the world that Nigerians are enjoying abi?
u be suegbe.
Where did u see in my post where I said Nigerians are enjoying?

If we learn to respect other peoples believes, values, taste, tribes, opinion etc then its a good start.

U don't have to agree with ev'ryone but just respect them, live and let others live, reduce ur fraudulent activities, its too annoying how we condemn other peoples tribes but have glamorized yahoo.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by LibertyRep: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Wichtig: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2021
As in shut up and die in silence? Talk at home you will be arrested, protest you will be shot. Listen to the cry of the people - never.
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2021
Kabongo1:

Everyone fights once they are being victimized, it's clear you haven't heard about the ambazonian struggle in Cameroon as of today.

The federal government is doing a better job of disparaging Nigeria and Nigerians than anyone abroad.

Let them look inwards and stop victimisation of Nigerians and actually build a better nation and a lot of folks won't complain or agitate for their own nations, but am very sure they won't treat the root cause of the problem, only the symptoms.
I think I am done with this thread, u guys will always defend urselves, the "I am never wrong, others made me do it" mentality is sickening, no matter what someone throw at u, u have to take responsibilities for ur actions. Am I against anyone struggle?
If u struggle without dragging others and the entire country to the mud, why won't I respect ur struggle?
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by richmond500: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2021
Wichtig:
As in shut up and die in silence?
No but by being good ambassadors of Nigeria.

He says respect the country, check the things u couldn't do to ur parents at home, don't do it to Nigeria.
Can u call ur mother a shithole? I guess not, but if ur mother threatens ur life, u could raise alarm, u are justified.

Try to see the country as a mother and u will understand the statement
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Dymaco(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:

Just in military set to release repentant boko haram who have made many families wallow in pains. So why should I report security problem to same people that will release them back to the society?
Re: Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns by Mynd44: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2021

(1)

Did Bill Gates Really Say This? / Only miserable Nigerians don't appreciate Buhari's administration__/Femi Adesina / President Buhari Do Not Call Police For Protesters Because Of Medical Ground, Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.