Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help (5932 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by dazzle37(f): 2:06pm On May 13, 2011
please i have this feeling in my throat like something is stuck there, most times when i drink water forcefully or swallow something like Eba, its like it

pushes the thing down and i will not feel it for some time, but it later comes back to that same position, it makes me feel so uncomfortable but the

fuuny part is that it is not painfull, but as a human, you would feel it and you know very well its not suppose to be there, it has been disturbing me

for the past four days now and has refused to go.

someone said its possible that it may be worm that must have moved from my tummy to the throat, that it has happened to her before, so i tried to

deworm myself with zentel but uptill now, three days after the deworming, i can still feel it, though it now feels like it has moved just a little bit

down, i don't like the feeling, i have tried all possible ways to make it go, including forcing myself to throw up, and trying to cough hard so that it

may either come out or go down but all to no avail, some other person said i should try taking B complex, which i have also been trying but its not

also worked, so my question is

1. Is it possible for worm to be stuck in someones throat ?

2 if its possible, pls how best can i get rid of it ?

3. if its not the worm, what else could it be ? and how can i also make it go away ?

pls i need urgent response as it is making me uncomfortable. thank you.
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by Homar(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ok . Here its what i think . You need to see an E.N.T doctor cause its no joking matter . There are a lot of things that can cause such feeling on the throat and cancer is one of them . But it can be 98.99% that its not cancer cause this type of cancer (larynx cancer) only attacks people from 50 years and above and rarely attack people in 40s . So it cant be cancer . And it cant be worm cause worm dont live in the throat it lives in the intestine where it can feed . Pray its not a benile growth cause you will need surgery to remove it . Take anti biotics and if it does not go away meet your ent doctor . It might be a mucus that hardened and refused to go away from the throat . I wish you luck and pray that it will never be larynx cancer cause it killed my dad .
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by allycat: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2012
The commonest cause of your symptoms is called Globus Pharyngeus. It is a sensation of a foreign body in the throat in the absence of any physical obstruction and is quite common. It is usually quite harmless although uncomfortable condition and stressing over it makes it worse. It is not caused by worms neither is it the usual sign of cancer of the throat. See an ENT surgeon who will examine your throat and reassure you that all is well. You may be placed on mild muscle relaxants to help you relax. Forcing yourself to throw up and trying to touch the area will just make the sensation worse as the muscles in that area called the cricopharyngeus will just go into spasms.

1 Like

Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by dazzle37(f): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
Thank you all, i wrote this a long time ago, well back then i went to see a doctor who checked it out and told me its just an irritation from something i must have eaten and gave a little medication, its gone.
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by RASHEEDAJINADU: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2013
Hello dazzle37,could you please tell me what medication was given to you for clearing the sensation of worm in your throat,thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by allewis: 6:31am On Apr 01, 2013
Well, me with my family are in Atlanta for a long vacation, and my husband's hearing has suddenly worsened. Is there a good hearing doctor atlanta we could visit?
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by anefbron(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
I has searched everywhere on this site, with no response. Surprised to see someone who is facing or faced this kind of health problem.

Its so unfortunate that since 2006 I have being going through this throat sensation, I went to hospital spent money, bought drugs on the internet. And everything seem in vain.

I cry so much that I can't do anything passionate, well, and spontaneously. It prevented me from enjoying my life.
People see me as worthless, because I lack sociability and relationship as a result of this catastrophe in my life.

I was referred to LUTH after a doc suggested its globus sensation(a discomfort feeling in the throat that there is something stuck there)

Until recently I started using worm expeller. Though it goes and comes back.

Can u help refer me to ur doc?
I will be glad if u do.

Thanks.
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 18, 2015
allycat:
The commonest cause of your symptoms is called Globus Pharyngeus. It is a sensation of a foreign body in the throat in the absence of any physical obstruction and is quite common. It is usually quite harmless although uncomfortable condition and stressing over it makes it worse. It is not caused by worms neither is it the usual sign of cancer of the throat. See an ENT surgeon who will examine your throat and reassure you that all is well. You may be placed on mild muscle relaxants to help you relax. Forcing yourself to throw up and trying to touch the area will just make the sensation worse as the muscles in that area called the cricopharyngeus will just go into spasms.
Evening, I really appreciate ur contribution as regards dis. I hv bin suffering dis for d past 8 yrs. I dnt know wot to do anymore. I tried several ways no way. until last yr a doc told me its globus sensation. my question is dis. Can globus sensation b killing someone lyk dis for those yrs?

Anyway if I could get a gud ENT doc, i tink i will b glad.
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by allycat: 5:45am On May 21, 2015
eden2015:

Evening, I really appreciate ur contribution as regards dis. I hv bin suffering dis for d past 8 yrs. I dnt know wot to do anymore. I tried several ways no way. until last yr a doc told me its globus sensation. my question is dis. Can globus sensation b killing someone lyk dis for those yrs?
Anyway if I could get a gud ENT doc, i tink i will b glad.

Go to the nearest teaching hospital with a letter of referral from any doctor. Most have an ENT department. Private ENT are rather expensive so be ready to excercise some patience as the appointment s given in teaching hospitals are usually long.
Re: Please Do We Have Any E.n.t. Doctor In The House ? I Need Help by MONBYJ(f): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
dazzle37:
Thank you all, i wrote this a long time ago, well back then i went to see a doctor who checked it out and told me its just an irritation from something i must have eaten and gave a little medication, its gone.
, please what drug were you given and which hospital or doctore did you see I will like to get their contact. Reply please it's urgent. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

COCONUT OIL _ Heat Rash (home Remedy ) / Nigeria Spends $700m On Alternative Water Providers, Says World Bank / COVID-19 Update For June 13 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.