Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video (64365 Views)

Before And After Pictures Of Some Aba Roads Constructed By Alex Otti / Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Calabar's Monorail Shows A Glimpse Of Nigeria's Intracity Public Transit System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by uchennamani(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Imokay:

It's therefore a wonderful idea to abandon it and tie down billions of Rivers state funds benefitting nobody.

If you understand it is your money, will you like it left in this state
The idea is not beautiful. It is damn ugly. How can a same person spent such amount on a 1.5km rail line?
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Charly68: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
These politicians are First Class fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Litmus: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
frog12:
bad DESIGN !

you must consider ENVIRONMENTAL factors in your design. this was not done here.

What company was responsible for this build?
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by joedave(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
One wonders how many here, are lashing out at Amaechi for the perceived staggering amount budgeted for the project and thus technically commending Wike for non continuity. Forgetting that it's commonwealth and well-being at loss. Same will criticize Sanwo for completing only Ambode's projects and yet to kickstart his own. Even Bubu as erratic as he is, completed many past administration's projects. Wike is not showing tact and brinkmanship doing this!

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
All4fun:
Rip to a nairalander we lost years ago @hungerbad may your soul rest in peace. Amen
RIP
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by engrchykae(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
na2016:
This OP is a paid APC agent. How can you bring this abandoned project here just to spite the PDP-led government in the state?
Was this project not abandoned under Rotimi Amaechi's government? Didn't the PDP government through some foreign experts conclude that this project was not viable and that the then Rivers state governor was advised not to go ahead with the project?
are you sure they ain't digging up amaechi's dirty past in order to cut him to size,I suspect tinubu camp and the cabal
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by fof1: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
film3four:
Port Harcourt Monorail was designed to transform the transportation sector in the city. The project has remained like this since the last administration that initiated it left office. Hopefully the present administration in Rivers state will complete it before leaving office and put it to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5s-MdcdLE

A WILD GOOSE CHASE,PLS...REALLY AN ELEPHANT PROJECT WITH OUT SOUND JUDGEMENT... A WASTE OF MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS IF U ASK ME...
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
All4fun:
Rip to a nairalander we lost years ago @hungerbad may your soul rest in peace. Amen

Amen my bro
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by dolfamah(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
Mr mono rail was better than mr. Bridge, wike has not created any job for the youth that voted for him. But Amaechi did so much in the area of job creation , not withstanding the loots. He was more transparent than wike .

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by CodeTemplar: 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

Its not wasteful.wike could have continued and even extended it.ph is the 2nd most populous city in southern nigeria and due for rail transport
Both Ameachi and Woke are useless. What if Buhari had done same with delta to kogi rail?
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by senatordave1(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Both Ameachi and Woke are useless. What if Buhari had done same with delta to kogi rail?

Continuity is the key
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by DLuciano: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
yuping:

On what crime?
embezzlement
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by senatordave1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
chrisxxx:

Wike put the continuation of that project in to plebiscite and Rivers people overwhelmingly asked him to discontinue with it.
True Amaechi would have discontinued with it but for obvious reasons he continued even when the project PPP backed out foreseeing the inviability of the project. You think about it if a project that would cover over 100km has gulped more than 50b at 1.5km where there was no bridge, no much obstacles how much would be required when it gets to high dense area like Rumuola?
Let's blame Wike less here that project was ill thought-out.

You are bigger than this na.which plebiscite? Has he put any of his numerous flyovers on plebiscite?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Reference(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
It was a strategic error not advancing the rail project. For all it is worth, the problem is not the project but the administration. In this I give credit to the Buhari led Federal Government in that they advanced and completed a lot of projects inherited from the PDP government some of which were badly administered and shrouded in corruption. They pressed on warts and all.

We must find a way to effect a continuum in project delivery across governments if we are to develop as a nation no matter how badly these projects were hitherto administered. If not we will fall to the temptation of tunnel vision and short term projects which in most cases do not address critical issues or spur real development.

I am certain if Wike had deployed his infrastructural budget to advancing this rail line instead of those flyovers along the PHC/ABA highway at least a section will have been functional by now to provide a lasting solution to the road congestion. Rail lines anywhere in the world are the go-to solutions for urban mobility.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Frankiss44(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
stanluiz:
And wike is building fly over where there is non and called it an achievement.

Despite huge allocation from the FG to Rivers State, What stops him from completing the mono rail project ?

I guess corruption, looting and embezzlement.

You are blaming the wrong person... The real thief that started it is chilling in Abuja after embezzling billions

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by nograv: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
Obijulius:
Inspite of all his shortcomings the man in Abuja is not the only problem.

This one na southerners de do themself.

The problem of southern Nigeria is its leadership not Hausa/Fulani.

Another Northern apologist..

Isolated bad governance at a local level is one thing.

But it is completely different to ethnic nepotism, corruption and terrorism being practised by the Northern cabal at a national level..

Get outta ere with your comparison.. mtcheww
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Fahdiga(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nanaborga:

This is not a Scam to efcc , this is not the type of corruption buhari government is against . Nigeria needs to be recolonized by China or America , we nor need uk this time around
Exactly
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Basher8583: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Obijulius:

Na now your eyes dey clear abi
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by gazza07(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Clap for yasef
Obijulius:

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by dbonks(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
joedave:
One wonders how many here, are lashing out at Amaechi for the perceived staggering amount budgeted for the project and thus technically commending Wike for non continuity. Forgetting that it's commonwealth and well-being at loss. Same will criticize Sanwo for completing only Ambode's projects and yet to kickstart his own. Even Bubu as erratic as he is, completed many past administration's projects. Wike is not showing tact and brinkmanship doing this!

When I Read certain comments on Nairaland about the Rail Project, I can't help it but laugh. The request I have to make from some of you staying far away from Rivers State, is to either make a visit to the site or Google when this project was begun and the Kilometers covered within this period. And then compare that with the Billions spent. For the purpose of Record, this project was executed for almost 5years and the distance the work covered could be sighted standing at the same spot, and the then Governor said, 50Billion has already been spent. Hmmmm on just how many pillars and steels?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by dbonks(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Reference:
It was a strategic error not advancing the rail project. For all it is worth, the problem is not the project but the administration. In this I give credit to the Buhari led Federal Government in that they advanced and completed a lot of projects inherited from the PDP government some of which were badly administered and shrouded in corruption. They pressed on warts and all.

We must find a way to effect a continuum in project delivery across governments if we are to develop as a nation no matter how badly these projects were hitherto administered. If not we will fall to the temptation of tunnel vision and short term projects which in most cases do not address critical issues or spur real development.

I am certain if Wike had deployed his infrastructural budget to advancing this rail line instead of those flyovers along the PHC/ABA highway at least a section will have been functional by now to provide a lasting solution to the road congestion. Rail lines anywhere in the world are the go-to solutions for urban mobility.

Mr, use your Google and check how many project Wike inherited from the past administration that he completed. You guys should limit saying what you don't Know and make some research(s).

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by stayclearofme: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
RobbStark:

If it's my money, did I ask that it shud be abandon.
Wasteful venture.
Wasteful venture but you want Portharcourt to look like Dubai.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by kayevans: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Obijulius:

***modified for those blaming northern leadership***
If any southern governor is able to fully utilize at least 95% of their monthly earnings into their state, that state would comfortably compete with the likes of Johannesburg in terms of development.

That’s how deeply corrupt all our leaders are.

Make una de think! Your leaders are your problem!

May God bless you richly.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by chrisxxx(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

You are bigger than this na.which plebiscite? Has he put any of his numerous flyovers on plebiscite?
No he has not. If he leaves anyone unfinished successive governor may decide to finish or abandon them.
Though I support those flyover projects.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by joedave(m): 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
dbonks:

When I Read certain comments on Nairaland about the Rail Project, I can't help it but laugh. The request I have to make from some of you staying far away from Rivers State, is to either make a visit to the site or Google when this project was begun and the Kilometers covered within this period. And then compare that with the Billions spent. For the purpose of Record, this project was executed for almost 5years and the distance the work covered could be sighted standing at the same spot, and the then Governor said, 50Billion has already been spent. Hmmmm on just how many pillars and steels?

Bro, for me, I am no stranger to PHC and Rivers in general. Now, the contract might have been inflated as mostly being done by existing governments of the day.

The best Wike could have done is to re-award to a new firm, make analysis on newer cost and even increase the span and scope of the project, ensuring he completes the project and make comparison between what he has spent to what Amaechi spent. At the end, people would have appreciated him more than Amaechi not only for completing the project of his arch adversary but for also creating additional jobs in a state where many youths need to be meaningfully engaged, while also making alternatives to the challenging traffic gridlocks in urban PHC by way of the Monorail.

Lastly, can you farthom the monstrous inflated spendings on decades old federal abandoned projects like the Ajaokuta steel, Mambilla project and Warri-Itakpe project to mention few? A leader should show brinkmanship and selflessness in tackling certain issues. Most talk about S.W and it's growth, yes the first thing should be what benefits all and not self aggrandisement to the detriment of the masses. Irrespective of the party leaning and ideology, the people should come first.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Ofon4real20: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
Good evening please my little niece Emma need urgent surgery , I already exhausted my little saving getting his first surgery , he need money to under go another surgery , please your urgent help is needed to save his life , He's current admitted at LASUTH , Ikeja and the PAEDIATRICS section , B_ surgery wards so you can go donate in person , thank you all
Mfon Edet
Access bank

Here is before and now pic

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by TWLifestyle: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ceenachi:
12 kilometers for 50billion naira and 2.6kilometers has exulted 33.9billion

IN COMPARISON!

RIVERS MONORAIL PROJECT- Rotimi Amaechi

COST #50B
SCOPE 12 kilometres

Amount paid - #40Billion - 80%
Area completed-2.6kilom - 22%

Construction of three flyover bridges- Gov Wike

Cost #21B
Scope. Artillery 1 and 2: 517.5 metres, Rumuokoro 360 metres and Garrison 360 metres

Read � again, just read again

If you didn't see the money Previous Government used to construct 2.6km Audio Projects and what that money would have done for the state then....just read again �

That Government almost finished us.
Former governor of Rivers state chibuike Amaechi is i highly criminal and should be in jail by now
i hope you realize 360 metres is 0.36.kilometres .
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by senatordave1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
chrisxxx:

No he has not. If he leaves anyone unfinished successive governor may decide to finish or abandon them.
Though I support those flyover projects.

Oga,some of those flyovers should be in ogoni,ikwerre or link ph with eleme or okrika
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by authority2006(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ceenachi:
12 kilometers for 50billion naira and 2.6kilometers has exulted 33.9billion

IN COMPARISON!

RIVERS MONORAIL PROJECT- Rotimi Amaechi

COST #50B
SCOPE 12 kilometres

Amount paid - #40Billion - 80%
Area completed-2.6kilom - 22%

Construction of three flyover bridges- Gov Wike

Cost #21B
Scope. Artillery 1 and 2: 517.5 metres, Rumuokoro 360 metres and Garrison 360 metres

Read � again, just read again

If you didn't see the money Previous Government used to construct 2.6km Audio Projects and what that money would have done for the state then....just read again �

That Government almost finished us.
Former governor of Rivers state chibuike Amaechi is i highly criminal and should be in jail by now

Honestly speaking, ex governors like Amaechi, Akpabio, Aregbesola and co deserved nothing but long jail terms

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by drakeli: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
This project is older than 6 year. I was in Port Harcourt in 2012 and the project was already under construction by then
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by netmillionaires(m): 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Imokay:

It's therefore a wonderful idea to abandon it and tie down billions of Rivers state funds benefitting nobody.

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by netmillionaires(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
This here is Nigeria's biggest problem. This here summed up the reason the public sector is not working and why only private sector is funtional. Even the private sector companies are being destroyed by public servants ill-thought policies....

How many people can accept to employ their unqualified relatives into companies they toiled to build for many year. But same will swing the door wide open for even a toddler relative to come in when they work for the government despite knowing that the relative has nothing to offer.

We mismanage government fund because we believe it is not our money. It is very sickening.

Imokay:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vehicle With Nigerian Plates Spotted In The UK (Photo) / Crashed Helicopter at Oba Akran, Ikeja (Photos) / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.