Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria (1370 Views)

NAIRALANDER HELP ME:my Firstbank Account Have Been Hacked / Please My Issue Is Yet To Be Rectify / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hello Nairaland

My mum phone got stolen around September 2019, she called me that same day to inform me of what happened. And I know what thieves can do with ones sim because I have been a victim, thank God it was small amount that was stolen. I had to call first contact for them to block all outgoing transactions with her permission. I called my mum and told her I have done as she instructioned.

After a week or so she went to the bank to rectify the issue. They asked for Invalid ID card number. She searched for her voters card but couldn't find it. She had to opt in for national ID card, which took her almost a year, because she's a busy type. She abandoned her business on several occasions and went for the national ID and after paying a huge amount of money for the national ID she finally got it.

She took the national ID card to the bank, they asked for her electricity bill which also took her some time to get. After presenting all the required documents including her recent passports. The bank customer care assured her within the period of 7 working days the account will be opened.

She went back to the bank after the given period. The same customer care Said the name she used for her ID card didn't tarry with her account names( she used her middle name in place of her first name) she went for an affidavit. The customer care said before 3 working days the account will be opened. she went back again after the said period and the customer care said they can't validate the national identification number.

she asked how, the customer care said it was a fake NIN that was issued to me.

How could it be a fake ID number and she had already linked NIN with her sim Without any issue?

After several weeks she got another national ID with another 5k And other documents requested from the bank

The issue she's having now. When I called the first contact customer care that blocked the account in 2019. The customer didn't give reasons why the account was blocked. She have been going in and out of the bank without solutions.

On Friday I went with her to the bank and one of the security men at the bank was like "Ha Madam, them never still attend to you"

When we got inside the bank, a customer care at the bank referenced me to go back to that same first contact customer care that blocked the account for him to put a reason or modify why the said account was blocked.

I have to waste more than 1k airtime to call their first contact to resolve the issue. After waiting for more than 30 mins, they finally picked, I explained everything to them and the respond the first contact gave was "we would follow up your case"

Pls bankers and lawyers in the house. What can be done about this. Because my mum is in need of money for medical emergency

Lalasticlala pls I need a wider coverage and sorry for any grammatical errors

1 Like

Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by candidbabe(f): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nawaaaa oooooo
This is heart wrenching
Why all these delay from the bank?
Nigerian banks are fraudsters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
shocked
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by DAMN99: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nigerian banks will disgrace you, suffocate you with their toxic way of doing thing and even try to crucify you if they can..there was a time i thought of using piggy vest..

the only time wey dem go take you serious na when you ball with violence..
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
Am just tired, for the past 2 years she haven't have access to millions of naira that took her years to save
candidbabe:
Nawaaaa oooooo
This is heart wrenching
Why all these delay from the bank?
Nigerian banks are fraudsters.
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
I nearly caused trouble at the bank. But the woman that claimed to be the manager said I have no right to cause a scene because the said account isn't mine
DAMN99:
Nigerian banks will disgrace you, suffocate you with their toxic way of doing thing and even try to crucify you if they can..there was a time i thought of using piggy vest..

the only time wey dem go take you serious na when you ball with violence..
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by candidbabe(f): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lalasticlala
help this brother by moving this to front page plssssssss
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by HarunaWest(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
9jajoseph:
I nearly caused trouble at the bank. But the woman that claimed to be the manager said I have no right to cause a scene because the said account isn't mine
Well she is right.. The account isnt yours. However, inform your mum to visit another branch and lay her complaint there. Everything can be handled at branch level. You dont have to call anyone to unrestrict your account. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
HarunaWest:

Well she is right.. The account isnt yours. However, inform your mum to visit another branch and lay her complaint there. Everything can be handled at branch level. You dont have to call anyone to unrestrict your account. Cheers.
like I wrote earlier. I went to the bank with her. She has been going in and out of the bank for years without solution Just today been Friday I went with her to hear what they would say. And I believe the shout will go a long way to solve one or two
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by Igbojihadist: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
elders make una come abeg
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by eefeem: 3:20am On Jul 24, 2021
Send a mail to CBN via cpd@cbn.gov.ng or call +2347002255226
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by dettolgel: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2021
eefeem:

Remember to copy first bank in the email
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by francisbarrack(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2021
Stop taking things lightly with them... U should b frank coz its there normal way of handling tinz.
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by BarrSly: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2021
Get a lawyer to write to them that’s all. Institutions and organizations fear lawyers a lot most especially when you have your facts right with necessary evidence.
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 682olutumibi: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
sad
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
eefeem:
I have done that twice(last year and earlier this year) and they only acknowledge my email without single respond from them
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
dettolgel:

Remember to copy first bank in the email
done all that no solution
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
The only evidence I have is just the call I made 2years ago
BarrSly:
Get a lawyer to write to them that’s all. Institutions and organizations fear lawyers a lot most especially when you have your facts right with necessary evidence.

Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
Get a lawyer to write and copy CBN. This issue will be resolved asap.

You can send a pm.
Re: My Issue With Firstbank Of Nigeria by 9jajoseph: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you all for your inputs. Today been Tuesday, they finally unfrozed it. After series of endless calls. One of the first contact agent(Esther by name), was able to use her own system to modify it. I have wasted more than 3k card. Everyday I call them. Every hour, every minutes.

She(my mum) went to one of the branch today and the customer care said they have been waiting for her. They brought out one file Waiting for her signature

(1) (Reply)

I Was Scammed#105,966 Yesterday / Meet Jeffrey Dahmer, The Milwaukee Cannibal Who Killed And Ate People / Benue Man Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.