Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi (1328 Views)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Philippino Lady Lured To Nigeria By Supposed Lover / Soldiers Given A Punishment, Ordered To Knock Each Others Head For Fighting. / Between A Student Who Wants To Join Illuminati And A Supposed Member. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
I'm very angry in my spirit right now.

Someone came knocking. I already knew who it was but didn't want to attend to the door.
So this fellow knocked and kept knocking even when I didn't respond to the point someone from the opposite flat came and joined in the knocking almost pulling my door down. Kai!

I was just boiling because I believe if you knock once or at the most, three times and there's no response, you should stop. This is after 9:pm for crying out loud and I expect them to reason I would have gone to bed!!!.

I'm thinking of calling and warning the fellow and that neighbor that came and joined in the annoying knocking.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by NiklauseFred(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
CharisEleos:

Someone came knocking. I already knew who it was but didn't want to attend to the door.
So this fellow knocked and kept knocking even when I didn't respond to the point someone from the opposite flat came and joined in the knocking almost pulling my door down. Kai!

I was just boiling because I believe if you knock once or at the most, three times and there's no response, you should stop. This is after 9:pm for crying out loud and I expect them to reason I would have gone to bed!!!.

I'm thinking of calling and warning the fellow and that neighbor that came and joined in the annoying knocking.

Why didn't you open the door btw?

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by lilvicky68(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
Why wouldn't you want to open??
Do you know if it's Jesus?
Or obi cubana

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Bola146(f): 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
grin Twice is enough sad sad
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Afamsi: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
If I have very urgent reason for coming and I am sure you are inside omo, if I no pull down your door na small go remain. Wtf

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Why didn't you open the door btw?

I already told them I don't want to see anybody for now. I'm trying to cool off.
lilvicky68:
Why wouldn't you want to open??
Do you know if it's Jesus?
Or obi cubana
Cubana indeed.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bola146:

God bless you.

You needed to hear the knock.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by WoundedLamb: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
Your neighbour was probably just worried. Maybe they were sure you were inside and it didn't occur to them you just didn't want to see the visitor.

8 Likes

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afamsi:
If I have very urgent reason for coming coming and I am sure you are inside omo, if I no pull down your door na small go remain. Wtf

Lol...
Mehn... You just made me laugh heartily now. Waaat.??... So na your type come this night?
It was not funny though.

I'm waiting to make sure the coast is clear and I'll go and give that man ( neighbor) the warning of his life.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Bola146(f): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
CharisEleos:

God bless you.

You needed to hear the knock.

grin grin grin Pele

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Your neighbour was probably just worried. Maybe they were sure you were inside and it didn't occur to them you just didn't want to see the visitor.

People should learn to mind their biz.
Whenever I come out and see someone knocking on my neighbors door, ill just walk past them. I don't go and join them knocking. Even when they ask me, I'll be like, "Call the person on phone". Or I'll simply say "if he's not answering then he's not around".

4 Likes

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by WoundedLamb: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
CharisEleos:

People should learn to mind their biz.
Whenever I come out and see someone knocking on my neighbors door, ill just walk past them. I don't go and join them knocking. Even when they ask me, I'll be like, "Call the person on phone". Or I'll simply say "if he's not answering then he's not around".
I see your point.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bola146:

grin grin grin Pele

Thank you dear.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by lilvicky68(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bola146:
E be like say them never lock you outside before..
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Bola146(f): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

E be like say them never lock you outside before..

Phone is there to call now
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by lilvicky68(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bola146:

Phone is there to call now
And they aren't picking up..
Omo I go knock like madman..if you no open two of us no go get peace..

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Bola146(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
lilvicky68:

And they aren't picking up..
Omo I go knock like madman..if you no open two of us no go get peace..

O ga o cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by highbee02: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
During my undergrad. Na so a friend brought his babe to my one room apartment, they wanted to sleep over, the guy started knocking the door after 10pm, he stood by the window calling my name. The moment I heard the girl saying "call his phone" I just switched off my phone. Na so they left, dem go dey knack and me go dey on the floor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
highbee02:
During my undergrad. Na so a friend brought his babe to my one room apartment, they wanted to sleep over, the guy started knocking the door after 10pm, he stood by the window calling my name. The moment I heard the girl saying "call his phone" I just switched off my phone. Na so they left, dem go dey knack and me go dey on the floor.

That phone would have given you away.

I was already set to switch to plane mode in case they decided to call.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by highbee02: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
CharisEleos:

That phone would have given you away.

I was already set to switch to plane mode in case they decided to call.

Imagine, my body go dey vibrate on the floor and they would be enjoying on top my mattress
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by grandlexuz(m): 5:33am On Jul 24, 2021
I really do understand your frustration. Sometimes I want be alone and expect every would be visitor to leave after knocking thrice.. Sadly some peoe are a nuisance, even when the know you might not be in takes a neighbour to make them leave. As for me if i say I'm not opening, na caterpillar go break the door down.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2021
grandlexuz:
I really do understand your frustration. Sometimes I want be alone and expect every would be visitor to leave after knocking thrice.. Sadly some peoe are a nuisance, even when the know you might not be in takes a neighbour to make them leave. As for me if i say I'm not opening, na caterpillar go break the door down.

Lol... Me too. If I say I'm not opening, nothing can make me open it. It also depends on who it is that I've made up my mind not to see.
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Sonnobax15(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2021
cool
Personally,I no dey knock person door pass the maximum of three times...If response no come,I go just turn my back and comot..

No sensible person suppose knock aboth person door multiple times....Even if I dey owe money self,you no get the right undecided
Na me dey owe you,no be my door lipsrsealed
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cool
Personally,I no dey knock person door pass the maximum of three times...If response no come,I go just turn my back and comot..

No sensible person suppose knock aboth person door multiple times....Even if I dey owe money self,you no get the right undecided
Na me dey owe you,no be my door lipsrsealed

Mehn... I'm telling you. That thing pained me yesterday. I'm not even owing this person o.

I just saw that my neighbor that joined in the knocking spree this morning and was expressing my disaoppoiment at what he did last night and he said he knew I was inside. huh??
That why didn't i answer the door. I told him not to try it again. He should know that i didn't want to receive whoever was at the door and after three knocks and no response, he should take a walk. He now started laughing. Hm...

I had to explain to him that I'm not owing the person. Before they'll conclude that I'm avoiding my creditor.
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Sonnobax15(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2021
CharisEleos:

Mehn... I'm telling you. That thing pained me yesterday. I'm not even owing this person o.

I just saw that my neighbor that joined in the knocking spree this morning and was expressing my disaoppoiment at what he did last night and he said he knew I was inside. huh??
That why didn't i answer the door. I told him not to try it again. He should know that i didn't want to receive whoever was at the door and after three knocks and no response, he should take a walk. He now started laughing. Hm...

I had to explain to him that I'm not owing the person. Before they'll conclude that I'm avoiding my creditor.

grin
Nigerians,we sabi conclude cha.......many won't even say it to your hearing but only God would have known how the gossip would have flew around about you avoiding your creditor..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Imustnottalk: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2021
CharisEleos:

what about if they thought you are in danger .naija ehn
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2021
Imustnottalk:
what about if they thought you are in danger .naija ehn

God forbid danger for me!
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by igbesachick: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
1, probably , they think you are commiting suicide if you dont respond. or some fatal accident happens to you and you are alone in your house

2, on the other side, that guy could be a stranger and he wants to loot your house, and he pretends to knock your door, your neighbors assume he is your friend, and they dont give a shiet even though he knocks hard and then tries to break in
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
They just probably wanted to know maybe u were dead....don't feel too important grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
Flahyuq:
They just probably wanted to know maybe u were dead....don't feel too important grin

Was that how you died?

Me I won't die in Jesus name.
Re: How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi by Umaruxoxo(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Don't talk to that neighbors of urs in a manner u won't lik someone to talk to u ,wot if something bad happens to befall u ,God forbid and u come tell then say make them no go de Knock Ur day .nah Ur type de smell be4 them begin know wetin de happen ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Groom Carries Bride After Car Breaks Down In Flooded Road On Way To Wedding / FBI Arrests 11 Nigerians Over Alleged Romance Fraud / Suspected Armed Robbers K#ll A Man And Steal His Car In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.