Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

For God Sake How Did We Get Here? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For God Sake How Did We Get Here? (293 Views)

I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend / Election Postponement: Where Was Mahmood Rushing To For God's Sake? - Momodu / Wait A Minute, How Did We Descend This Low - By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For God Sake How Did We Get Here? by referendum01(m): 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
The more you try to refrain from talking about Nigeria and all its jagajaganess the more you find yourself engolfed even deeper in it. It is not our fault that we find ourselves talking about our dear country in a negative way when American citizens are so proud of theirs and constantly say with all sense of pride "God bless America"

Do we blame God for our woes? Hell no! Someone once made a joke about God during the creation of Nigeria. I heard that after God had created all nations someone took offence and asked God why he blessed Nigeria so much and God said to the person, you wait and see the kind of people that will live in that country.

This joke buttresses the state we find ourselves in Africas most populous black nation. A nation blessed beyond measure. Great people with abundant human and natural resources yet Ghana is better than us. It is hard to say but we just must say it, at least for the sake of posterity.

We must continue to day it because our yet unborn generation will also have to read our contributions to nation building. It is now left to them to discover that all our clarion call for better governance in our nation all fell on deaf ears at least maybe that will help exhanourate us.

The fact remains that our incoming generations will ask questions, what we did with our abundant mineral resources. They will also enquire why we have not moved to a second world nation. They will ask about how electricity is perpetually fluctuating. They will want to know why our educational system is as bad as it is. They will equally travel to Dubai and see what infrastructure looks like and then come back home and compare for themselves.

Their conclusion had better been imagined. The big question will be, how did we get here? Nigeria has never been so badly hit with bad leaders like we have it today. What we have is a bunch of clueless national cake sharers and squandermanias.

I recall the peak of 2015 general election how that a region of the country refused to vote Buhari. Like many,I had almost gotten trapped in Buhari's political campaign promises of integrity, how corruption will be a thing of the past, 1 naira will become 1 dollar, boko haram will know there is a new sheriff in town and so many others like that.

Most Nigerians got trapped in this web. I recall taking out time to ask my father why some people didn't want Buhari as president. My father simply said to me "you were too small in 1984, Buhari was a bad leader". That singular statement saved me from the regret that would have flooded my heart today at least seeing that my vote contributed in bringing this disaster on Nigerians.

Without mincing word, forget all the propaganda of Lie Mohammed and his co travellers, this government is the worst Nigeria has ever had. This position is open to intelligent and factual debate. If you can give me a run for my miney, then you mustprepare to tell me the regime with high inflation rate like this present government? Tell me the regime that has aided ethnic and religious division like this very one. Tell me the regime that has promoted nepotism, violence and sectionalism more than this government.

How on earth did we get here for goodness sake?
Re: For God Sake How Did We Get Here? by Kdon2: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
referendum01:
The more you try to refrain from talking about Nigeria and all its jagajaganess the more you find yourself engolfed even deeper in it. It is not our fault that we find ourselves talking about our dear country in a negative way when American citizens are so proud of theirs and constantly say with all sense of pride "God bless America"

Do we blame God for our woes? Hell no! Someone once made a joke about God during the creation of Nigeria. I heard that after God had created all nations someone took offence and asked God why he blessed Nigeria so much and God said to the person, you wait and see the kind of people that will live in that country.

This joke buttresses the state we find ourselves in Africas most populous black nation. A nation blessed beyond measure. Great people with abundant human and natural resources yet Ghana is better than us. It is hard to say but we just must say it, at least for the sake of posterity.

We must continue to day it because our yet unborn generation will also have to read our contributions to nation building. It is now left to them to discover that all our clarion call for better governance in our nation all fell on deaf ears at least maybe that will help exhanourate us.

The fact remains that our incoming generations will ask questions, what we did with our abundant mineral resources. They will also enquire why we have not moved to a second world nation. They will ask about how electricity is perpetually fluctuating. They will want to know why our educational system is as bad as it is. They will equally travel to Dubai and see what infrastructure looks like and then come back home and compare for themselves.

Their conclusion had better been imagined. The big question will be, how did we get here? Nigeria has never been so badly hit with bad leaders like we have it today. What we have is a bunch of clueless national cake sharers and squandermanias.

I recall the peak of 2015 general election how that a region of the country refused to vote Buhari. Like many,I had almost gotten trapped in Buhari's political campaign promises of integrity, how corruption will be a thing of the past, 1 naira will become 1 dollar, boko haram will know there is a new sheriff in town and so many others like that.

Most Nigerians got trapped in this web. I recall taking out time to ask my father why some people didn't want Buhari as president. My father simply said to me "you were too small in 1984, Buhari was a bad leader". That singular statement saved me from the regret that would have flooded my heart today at least seeing that my vote contributed in bringing this disaster on Nigerians.

Without mincing word, forget all the propaganda of Lie Mohammed and his co travellers, this government is the worst Nigeria has ever had. This position is open to intelligent and factual debate. If you can give me a run for my miney, then you mustprepare to tell me the regime with high inflation rate like this present government? Tell me the regime that has aided ethnic and religious division like this very one. Tell me the regime that has promoted nepotism, violence and sectionalism more than this government.

How on earth did we get here for goodness sake?

They are national cake thieves not sharer abeg!
Re: For God Sake How Did We Get Here? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
We are where we are today because we've always been bad followers. We're myopic and only see what we stand to gain today without any thoughts for tomorrow.

The more we continue being stupid followers, we'll always be in this mess.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Menace Would Have Stopped If Ppl Retaliated / Apga Wasted #251 Billion Local Government Fund In 7 Years...accord Party / Why Sunday Igboho Should Be Released – Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.