Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" (514 Views)

Does God Really Cut Off Unfruitful Branches? John 15:2 / Bishop Oyedapo Blasts & Curses On His 40 SACK PASTORS Says They Are Unfruitful / Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by immortalcrown(m): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2021
What does "Unfruitful" mean?

There is no religious denomination with only perfect mortals as leaders and members. This is why I will not castigate anybody because of his or her choice of religious denomination. "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." What I criticize is some things some people do, irrespective of the people's ranks in their chosen denominations. And when I do so, it is neither to attack the entire denomination nor to condemn the individuals. I do it to get better at knowing the truth.

Onyedepo's statement on why the Living Faith Church dismissed some pastors is so disturbing because he is the earthly head of the Living Faith Church. This does not mean his action would be right if he occupies a lower position in the denomination. The fact is that a misconduct by a child does not affect the family as much as a misconduct by the parent. My intention is not to condemn or ridicule Oyedepo. He is a human, and I do not think a human can be flawless all the time. My aim is to challenge those who think Oyedepo's reaction is biblically right.

What exactly does Oyedepo mean when he says the pastors were unfruitful? Is it that the pastors abandoned their primary duties to the denomination? If yes, I support him. By primary duties, I mean preaching the gospel, humility to the members and other leaders and making themselves available whenever they are needed for spiritual assistance.

If the "unfruitfullness" is that the pastors could not bring much new members or could not maintain the number of members handed over to them, I do not support Oyedepo. Fruitfulness is mainly about what you can give whoever comes to you, not the number of people around you. This is why God did not stop at "Be fruitful". God went further to add "...and multiply". Christ cursed the fig tree because it could not provide fruit when He was hungry, not because it has no other trees around it (Matthew 21 vs 18 to 19).

Fruitfulness is about impact. Multiplication is about population. And because God can accept people through different denominations and through different preachers, one person or denomination should not be mandated to gather all the people. Expecting one person to attract all the members means it is just a competition among humans. Over 90% of people in every community outside the Northern region in "Nigeria" already identifies with one denomination or another and changes denomination at will. Are the dismissed pastors expected to drag members with other denominations?

What exactly does Oyedepo mean by winning souls? Is soul winning defined by number of members? Have you forgotten that many are called but few are chosen? Also, should the pastors force people to come to God? "...the violent takes it by force." (Matthew. 11 vs 12) is not about gathering people. Verse 15 of the same Matthew 11 says "He that has ear, let him hear.", meaning you have a choice. This is why Jesus Christ says in Revelation 3 vs 20, "I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him...". Christ did not say "Every man must open the door." And Christ did not say "I must come in to any man that hears my voice".

Oyedepo's speech is ambiguous and causes confusion. The God we try to serve is not an author of confusion. What do "unfruitful" and "blatant failure" mean in Oyedepo's speech? Oyedepo should be vivid since he decided to talk about the issue.
Re: Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by Nukilia: 2:53am On Jul 24, 2021
These are signs of the last days grin grin cheesy Even the very elect would be deceived
Re: Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by God2man2again(m): 4:15am On Jul 24, 2021
Could this sack be a direct instruction from God?
Re: Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by oloriooko(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2021
OP na gigantic rubbish you wrote
Were you there when he was called?
Were you there when he started?
Spiritual things are not up for public debate so keep mum!
The sacked pastors should humble themselves and pray for God's guidance rather than taking to the social media for non-existing support.
Unfruitfulness has been defined by the pastor already 'lack of hunting down souls'

immortalcrown:
What does "Unfruitful" mean?

There is no religious denomination with only perfect mortals as leaders and members. This is why I will not castigate anybody because of his or her choice of religious denomination. "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." What I criticize is some things some people do, irrespective of the people's ranks in their chosen denominations. And when I do so, it is neither to attack the entire denomination nor to condemn the individuals. I do it to get better at knowing the truth.

Onyedepo's statement on why the Living Faith Church dismissed some pastors is so disturbing because he is the earthly head of the Living Faith Church. This does not mean his action would be right if he occupies a lower position in the denomination. The fact is that a misconduct by a child does not affect the family as much as a misconduct by the parent. My intention is not to condemn or ridicule Oyedepo. He is a human, and I do not think a human can be flawless all the time. My aim is to challenge those who think Oyedepo's reaction is biblically right.

What exactly does Oyedepo mean when he says the pastors were unfruitful? Is it that the pastors abandoned their primary duties to the denomination? If yes, I support him. By primary duties, I mean preaching the gospel, humility to the members and other leaders and making themselves available whenever they are needed for spiritual assistance.

If the "unfruitfullness" is that the pastors could not bring much new members or could not maintain the number of members handed over to them, I do not support Oyedepo. Fruitfulness is mainly about what you can give whoever comes to you, not the number of people around you. This is why God did not stop at "Be fruitful". God went further to add "...and multiply". Christ cursed the fig tree because it could not provide fruit when He was hungry, not because it has no other trees around it (Matthew 21 vs 18 to 19).

Fruitfulness is about impact. Multiplication is about population. And because God can accept people through different denominations and through different preachers, one person or denomination should not be mandated to gather all the people. Expecting one person to attract all the members means it is just a competition among humans. Over 90% of people in every community outside the Northern region in "Nigeria" already identifies with one denomination or another and changes denomination at will. Are the dismissed pastors expected to drag members with other denominations?

What exactly does Oyedepo mean by winning souls? Is soul winning defined by number of members? Have you forgotten that many are called but few are chosen? Also, should the pastors force people to come to God? "...the violent takes it by force." (Matthew. 11 vs 12) is not about gathering people. Verse 15 of the same Matthew 11 says "He that has ear, let him hear.", meaning you have a choice. This is why Jesus Christ says in Revelation 3 vs 20, "I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him...". Christ did not say "Every man must open the door." And Christ did not say "I must come in to any man that hears my voice".

Oyedepo's speech is ambiguous and causes confusion. The God we try to serve is not an author of confusion. What do "unfruitful" and "blatant failure" mean in Oyedepo's speech? Oyedepo should be vivid since he decided to talk about the issue.
Re: Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by orisa37: 5:40am On Jul 24, 2021
Leave Living Faith and OYEDEPO. He is doing well in his Management of his Church Affairs. He is not "ALIBABA AND THE 40 THIEFS". He is conserving THE UNLEAVENED BREAD FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD. The 40 PASTORS SACKED CANNOT COPE WITH WORK IN THE VINEYARD AND SO MUST BE PRUNED AND ALLOWED TO GO AND BURY THEIR FATHERS. THEY'RE INCOMPETENT AND IRRESPONSIBLE.
Re: Pastor Oyedepa And "Unfruitful" by immortalcrown(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2021
oloriooko:
OP na gigantic rubbish you wrote
Were you there when he was called?
Were you there when he started?
Spiritual things are not up for public debate so keep mum!
The sacked pastors should humble themselves and pray for God's guidance rather than taking to the social media for non-existing support.
Unfruitfulness has been defined by the pastor already 'lack of hunting down souls'

Is there anything the sacked pastor said in the video that is ungodly? Did he abuse or insult the Church or the management of the Church? If yes, point out where and how he did it. If no, you have to admit that you are just trying to protect the Church's ego. What kills the integrity of an individual or organization is not exposure of the imperfection of the person or organization. What kills the integrity is how you handle the exposure. And corruption is nurtured whenever transparency is suppressed in favour of ego. The pastor didn't say anything morally or biblically wrong. But Oyedepo made an ambiguous statement, which when explain, cannot escape being biblically wrong.

(1) (Reply)

First Address By Mrs Evelyn Joshua, The New Leader Of TB Joshua Church (SCOAN) / I Had A Dream Taliban Took Over Government In Nigeria / Omega Power Ministry (OPM) Sponsors 70 Students To Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.