Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. (5957 Views)

Voided Green Card Winners Sue State Department / 2012 Diversity Lottery Results Have Been Voided / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 20, 2011
@Loverencha, which mail be dat oooo.I wasnt sent any, What did it say ?
I know my own confirmation number,
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by loverencha: 8:49am On May 21, 2011
@Wunmi10, The mail was sent to me from Kentucky or something like that. The email address that sent me the mail is:
no-reply@state.gov

They only informed me about the cancellation of the previous results and that If I won or did not win the last time I checked, that result is no longer valid.

Some other people received the mail. Check your mail from time to time,  You will soon receive yours
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 21, 2011
Gbenge 77:

@Ferdii,  Are you the same Ferdii on forums.immigration who advises dvlottery selectees on how to go about dv processing?

yes
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by WAVixen: 4:25pm On May 22, 2011
God, You are Great!!! Nothing is impossible.
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Gbenge77(m): 7:57am On May 23, 2011
loverencha:

Good day, everyone, I am not sure Osama's death has anything to do with the cancellation of the previous results. I do think it could truly be as a result of COMPUTER ERROR. Let us remember that NOBODY and NOTHING is perfect. Even COMPUTERS are not perfect. So, It could truly be the computer, though I do not know how.

I really feel pity for those who HAD already won. It is TOO PAINFUL. Even the thought of them not being chosen in the new selections. I do know how it feels but please do not let your anger take control over you. There is a reason for everything in this life. Also think of the people this new selection will favor.

To tell you all the TRUTH, I still think that MAJORITY of the previous winners will be SELECTED again. Please, Do not loose hope. Possibly, the number of NIGERIANS that will be chosen MIGHT even increase. This time around, who knows? It MIGHT be more than 6000 Nigerians. Let us keep our fingers crossed. The Almighty has a reason for everything. If He  says it is your time to be in America, You will definitely be there. So, there is still hope. Please, do not loose hope. I WISH US ALL GOOD LUCK!

Best Regards,

Loverencha

l
Under section 203c of the Immigration and Nationality act,no country shall receive more than 7 percent of diversity visas,in any particular year.The man said the computer programming error caused about 90% of the entrants ,who entered the program in the first and second day to be selected.That means,the remaining 10% selectees were drawn from the remaining twenty seven days.

Obviously,that wasnt a fair selection process if 90% were drawn within two days and 10% drawn over 27 days.That is so disproportionate.

To back this up,most people who won said they applied on October 5th and October 6th.It would take a disproportionate error like this one,to cause the nullification of dv lottery results as this is unprecedented. [color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by babalawo(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2011
Hello all

Big heart to all initial selectees my prayers are with you.

Pls ive got a very strange condition with respect to the cancelled dv2012.

I did not apply last year but did in 2010 BUT I RECEIVED A MAIL FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATES with a link to a confrimation number?

I have kept the confirmation number waiting till 15th of July to conifrm if my details does match the confrimation number if this goes true then most likely they really had a system failure cos i dint apply last year.

CAN I WIN A LOTTERY I NEVER APPLIED FOR?- I HOPE SO BUT AM JUST NOT REALLY BOTHERED BUT am waiting
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 23, 2011
babalawo:

Hello all

I did not apply last year but did in 2010 BUT I RECEIVED A MAIL FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATES with a link to a confrimation number?

I have kept the confirmation number waiting till 15th of July to conifrm if my details does match the confrimation number if this goes true then most likely they really had a system failure cos i dint apply last year.

CAN I WIN A LOTTERY I NEVER APPLIED FOR?- I HOPE SO BUT AM JUST NOT REALLY BOTHERED BUT am waiting

What starts the confirmation Number? 2011 or 2012? Or may be someone used ur e-mail to apply.Did you apply for someone for 2012 with ur e-mail addy?
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Gbenge77(m): 1:56pm On May 23, 2011
babalawo:

Hello all

thats a bit surprising.
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by babalawo(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2011
ferdiii:

What starts the confirmation Number? 2011 or 2012? Or may be someone used your e-mail to apply.Did you apply for someone for 2012 with your e-mail addy?

yes confirmation number states with 2012 and moreover i still have the 2011xxxxxxx confirmation number with me
I couldnt have applied for anyone cos i actually missed the application window last year, if u can recall it was a 30 day period last year compared with the previous years that were 60 days
Secondly nobody could have used my email instead of his or hers(am not an agent) except by mistake!!!

I will keep u guys posted Thats if the details are not mine or if I dont win but if the details are mine and i win,i will definatley run the whole course of the processing-then only will i open my mouth again
good luck guys
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Nobody: 7:10am On May 24, 2011
babalawo:

yes confirmation number states with 2012   and moreover i still have the 2011xxxxxxx confirmation number with me
I couldnt have applied for anyone cos i actually missed the application window last year, if u can recall it was a 30 day period last year compared with the previous  years that were 60 days
Secondly nobody could have used my email instead of his or hers(am not an agent) except by mistake!!!

I will keep u guys  posted Thats if the details are not mine or if I dont win but if the details are mine and i win,i will definatley run the whole course of the processing-then only will i open my mouth again
good luck guys

This whole program is crumbling. They just canceled my winnings and are claiming not being unfairness and non-randomness.Here they are really random.Again maybe someone mistakenly typed in ur e-mail as theirs.
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by ubrendan: 12:15pm On May 24, 2011
I WON BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY WIFE WAS PREGNANT THEN AND NOW SHE HAS GIVEN BIRTH TO OUR BABY
WHICH WAS NOT PART OF THE INITIAL APPLICATION, HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT SO THAT WE DONT GO LEAVING BEHIND
OUR BABY? HOW DO I INCLUDE MY BABY'S NAME WITHOUT BEING DISQUALIFIED?
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by anfanio: 2:03pm On May 24, 2011
ubrendan,

Previous result cancelled.

DV Program 2012: Starting on or about July 15, 2011, through June 30, 2012, all entrants may check the status of their entries through the Entry Status Check on the E-DV website. Review the IMPORTANT NOTICE on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov.
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Gbenge77(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
ferdiii:

This whole program is crumbling. They just canceled my winnings and are claiming not being unfairness and non-randomness.Here they are really random.Again maybe someone mistakenly typed in your e-mail as theirs.
that comes as a surprise
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by n3rve(m): 1:19am On Jul 18, 2011
Revive smiley

The new results are out (released July 15th). I received an e-mail (looked legit) & apparently, a $819 processing fee is required to commence acceptance/registration. :s thoughts?
Re: Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2011
[n3rve]:

Revive smiley

The new results are out (released July 15th). I received an e-mail (looked legit) & apparently, a $819 processing fee is required to commence acceptance/registration. :s thoughts?

Yeah but were you selected? If not, that payment is not for you. It's a sham i.e 419 because you only pay it at the day of ur interview at the Embassy in Lagos.KCC didn't favor Africans this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

27 Years Ago, Woman Contacted Isolated Tribe That Killed American Preacher(Pics) / What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa / England Vs Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.