Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You (245 Views)

I Really Feel Very Very Stupid Right Now Supporting Tinubu / Majority Of Nigerians Feel Less Safe Than They Did 5 Years Ago – World Risk Poll / Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You by NigeriaZoo: 12:06am On Jul 25, 2021
Usually, in a civilised society such as the one I live in (Not Nigeria) , when you see a police man or woman at night you are happy because you know they are there to protect you and to deter the nefarious plans of thieves, criminals and all manner of wicked people. Further, during the peak of terrorist attacks in Western Europe, I remeber travelling to Paris and there were soldiers everywhere - people felt happy and safe and they could go about their daily lives without fear.

But in Nigeria, the people that police and soldiers are sworn to defend and protect feel very unsafe when they are present. They usually feel threatened and intimidated. Why is this? What do you think you are doing wrong that makes the citizens you are sworn to protect and defend, feel unsafe around you and wish you would vanish from their places of habitation? Why do you think that some people in the South East supported UGM during its peak a few months ago and many of them did not feel safe with you around?

I don’t understand, maybe because I don’t live in the place.

Please educate us.

Re: Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You by gidgiddy: 12:26am On Jul 25, 2021
NigeriaZoo:
Usually, in a civilised society such as the one I live in (Not Nigeria) , when you see a police man or woman at night you are happy because you know they are there to protect you and to deter the nefarious plans of thieves, criminals and all manner of wicked people. Further, during the peak of terrorist attacks in Western Europe, I remeber travelling to Paris and there were soldiers everywhere - people felt happy and safe and they could go about their daily lives without fear.

But in Nigeria, the people that police and soldiers are sworn to defend and protect feel very unsafe when they are present. They usually feel threatened and intimidated. Why is this? What do you think you are doing wrong that makes the citizens you are sworn to protect and defend, feel unsafe around you and wish you would vanish from their places of habitation? Why do you think that some people in the South East supported UGM during its peak a few months ago and many of them did not feel safe with you around?

I don’t understand, maybe because I don’t live in the place.

Please educate us.

People saw unknown gunmen destroy police stations, and hailed the unknown gunmen.

In a civilised society, the citizenry would never stand for a Police station to be destroyed, let alone hail the destroyers. The Police are supposed to be the protectors and friends of the people

Unfortunately, the Nigerian Police are neither friends or protestors.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 25, 2021
EGUNJE means what ?
Re: Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You by NigeriaZoo: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
EGUNJE means what ?

??
Re: Dear Nigerian Security Forces, Why Do Nigerians Feel Very Unsafe Around You by NigeriaZoo: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2021
gidgiddy:

People saw unknown gunmen destroy police stations, and hailed the unknown gunmen.

In a civilised society, the citizenry would never stand for a Police station to be destroyed, let alone hail the destroyers. The Police are supposed to be the protectors and friends of the people

Unfortunately, the Nigerian Police are neither friends or protestors.

They are the enemy .

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Attends Global Education Summit In London / Nnamdi Kanu: See The Moment His Lawyer And Others Were Denied Access Into From T / Another Big Win For NDI ANAMBRA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.