Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Our Father Which Art In Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Father Which Art In Heaven. (233 Views)

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Father Which Art In Heaven. by AbundantLife05: 6:53am On Jul 25, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN. Matthew 6:9
“In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be your name.” NKJV.

Good morning dear friends, I am so happy to welcome you to today’s teaching. I pray that our lives will reveal Jesus to the world in Jesus name. Today, our topic is an interesting one, we will look at “Our Father Which Art in Heaven.” I was watching a series titled “Lucifer”. It tells the story of Lucifer who is one of God’s sons but he was banished from heaven to hell because of rebellion. While in hell, he became tired and moved to Los Angeles. There, he made friends and when God visited him, his friends who had seen his true nature according to the series described God as an irresponsible and terrible father who could not handle his “son” Lucifer the right way. At that point, God made me understand what he wanted me to write in this topic. It is my responsibility to establish that our God is not who the world through entertainment and fiction say he is.

Firstly, we need to know that God is our father by adoption. Romans 8:15 “So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him Abba Father.” NLT. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, anyone who receives Jesus as his Lord and savior automatically becomes the child of God and God becomes his father. Also, God who is the father of those who believes he lives in heaven, that is why the scripture we read says “Our Father which art in heaven.” The bible in Isaiah 66:1a confirms this; “This is what the lord says: Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.” NLT. He lives in heaven and has made preparations to give rooms for his children through Jesus. John 14:2 “There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?”

In the same vein, he is a responsible father who performs his fatherly responsibilities. He first demonstrated this by sending his only begotten son to die for us to lead us back to him. John 3:16 and John 11:25 “Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.” NLT. Therefore, my friends, we will look at ways the bible shows that our God is a responsible father.

1. He is a loving/merciful Father: 1 John 4:9-10
“God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.” NLT.
God loves us and does not want us to perish. Even when we were doomed for destruction he sent his son to die for our sins and reconcile us to him. Also, right now, he is delaying the coming of his son because of those who are yet to know him, he is giving everyone he opportunity to give their lives to him. 2Peter 3:9.

2. He is a providing Father: Matthew 6:11
“Give us today the food we need.” NLT. God knows what we need and he provides it for us. As long as we are God’s children, we are in his plans and God goes out to provide everything we need for us. Luke 12: 22&24 “Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, that is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 24. Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds!” NLT.

3. He is a protecting Father: Matthew 6:13
“And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.” NLT. As a responsible father, God protects his own firstly from the power of sin and temptation flying about. Jude 1:24 “Now all glory to God who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.” NLT. Also, God protects us from dangers and spiritual attacks on our ways. Psalms 91:1.

4. He is a healing and delivering Father: Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free.” NLT. Jesus quoted the scripture above to emphasize the mission he was to accomplish on earth which is to reconcile us back to God and proclaim healing and deliverance for those sick and those living in bondage.

5. He is a rewarding Father: Rev 22:12
“Look! I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds.” NLT. Just as we have it in the parable of the three servants in Matthew 25:14-30. God rewards his children when they do well and use the gifts he has given them efficiently. The servants who doubled the talents given to them were given more responsibilities while the one who hid the talent given to him was punished for his actions. In the same way, Jesus is coming back to reward everyone based on their works.

6. He is a promising/faithful Father: Numbers 23:19
“God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?” NLT. As a responsible father, God fulfils all promises he makes. He never says anything that he cannot fulfil or what he lacks the capacity of doing. If he has ever made a promise to us, be rest assured that he will fulfil it. He promised to send the Holy Spirit in John 14:26 and he fulfilled the promise in Acts 2:2-4.

7. He is a comforting Father: John 14:26
“But when the Father sends the advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.” NLT. Despite the fact that God is in heaven, he made sure that we are not alone on earth by giving us the Holy Spirit to guide, counsel, intercede, comfort, strengthen and help us. He reminds us everything Jesus taught that we might have forgotten. John 14:26.

8. He is a forgiving Father: Matthew 6:12
“and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.” NLT. Our father lives by example, he forgives our sins when we repent and ask for forgiveness and he wants us to do the same by forgiving everyone who offend us for him to keep on forgiving us and keep on answering our prayers. Jesus gave the description in the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32. God is always ready to forgive and accept people back into the fold.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you do not have God as your father or you are like the prodigal son who has gone away from the mercies of God and you want to come back to God, say this prayer with me Dear Lord, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and let me do your will at all times. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I welcome you to the family of God and do well to join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: Our Father Which Art In Heaven. by Xscape1993(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2021
More grace to do more.
Re: Our Father Which Art In Heaven. by AbundantLife05: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2021
Amen.
More grace to do more.[/quote]
Re: Our Father Which Art In Heaven. by Asiwaju0001(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2021
May God continue to strengthen us and make us understand His word. More anointing sir
Re: Our Father Which Art In Heaven. by AbundantLife05: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2021
Amen
May God continue to strengthen us and make us understand His word. More anointing sir[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Name? / Church Admin Needed For Urgent Employment !!! FULL OR PART TIME / Are You Pushing To Get To Destination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.