Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Are You Pushing To Get To Destination? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Pushing To Get To Destination? (234 Views)

What Is The Point Of Pushing Topics With Restrictions To The Front-page? / Nigeria Adopts Jordan As Permanent Pilgrimage Destination / Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Pushing To Get To Destination? by SonofIssachar: 12:15am On Aug 05, 2021
I went to a bank a few months ago. As I was about to enter the hall, a lady ran ahead of me and pushed me away, so that she could quickly join the long queue before me.

I did not say anything.

She thought I will join behind her, but I was actually not there to withdraw but to deposit.

So I walked to the deposit machine. I was the only one there and no single person in the queue. After I finished depositing and I was about to leave the hall, the lady came out from the queue and apologized for pushing me.

With a smile of apology, she said, ‘I am sorry Sir for pushing you. I thought you were coming to the queue’. I just smiled and told her not to bother and that it’s no big deal.

Since then, the lesson in this story kept coming to my mind and I felt I should share it for us all to learn from it.

Friends, who are you ‘pushing’ away and trying to outrun in the race of destiny, relationship, business, ministry, career, etc?

You are probably thinking you are going to the same ‘queue’ (destination) unknown to you that, though your path may look alike, your destinations are different!

How many people have had to say ‘sorry’ to those they pushed aside, pushed away, push down when they finally realized that that person was not actually going to the ‘withdrawal machine’ they were running to.

Are you reading this and you are pushing people away here and thereby slandering them, hindering their progress, blocking their promotion, spoiling their good names through lies and rumour all in a bid to ‘get there’ before them?

I challenge you today, to take it easy. You might not be going to the same destination. It might surprise you later that, with all your pushing, they may still leave you on the ‘queue’ of destiny and become successful before you. Maybe you feel that people in your office, ministry, business, etc are pushing you away so that they can get ahead of you. Don’t worry, God will use your case to prove to them that, ‘it is not of him who runs, but of the Lord that shows mercy…’ (Romans 9:16). He will show you mercy and give you an overtaking speed and those who are pushing you here and there will later come to tell you they are sorry.

Please don’t push anyone. You might meet on the same path, but you might not be going to the same ‘machine’ (destination).

– Author Unknown

Meditation: So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. – Roman 9:16 [KJV]

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

Be Wise!
Process and Result
Love in A Paper Bag

(1) (Reply)

The Tragedy Of Impatience / After 94 Years, Governing Body Realise They Were Appointed As FDS In 1919 / Something Worth Dying For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.