Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria (1465 Views)

Nigeria Qualifies For Finals Of Men & Women's Football @ The All Africa Games / The Notorious Fixer Who Fixed Nigeria Vskenya S. Africa 2010 Worldcup Qualifier / Ross Barkley : I Wished Nigeria Picked Me For The Worldcup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2021

Meet Wilson Raj Perumal, the man that was responsible for Nigeria qualifying for the 2010 Fifa World Cup and who helped the South African Government in fixing Many World Cup matches.
Wilson Raj Perumal is the most famous Match fixer ever caught. Meaning there are many like him that are yet to be caught and these men have destroyed the beautiful game of football.

in an interview, he confesses that football is no longer a sport but a business. while many fans are passionate about the teams they support, the big guys behind the scenes do not care about the sport, they are busy cashing in.

On February 19, 2015, Al Jazeera English aired an investigative report called "killing the Ball",[16] produced by Invisible Dog, in which Wilson Raj Perumal described how he ferried the Nigerian national football team to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa by rigging their qualification match against Kenya, played on November 14, 2009, in Nairobi. The report 'Killing the Ball' was a finalist of the British Journalism Awards 2015.

this lead to FIFA handing a life-ban on Coach Samson SiaSia in 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeibqML3t-8

if you wish to watch more and see how corrupt the world of football has become then watch the 58min video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4lLZ7fgoMU

in the above video you see the heads of the Ghanian Football Association selling out their National team for match fixing business

Exclusive Interview with Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uENL0ifcyKw

lesson here is to stop taking football very seriously because it is no longer a sport.
Also a lesson for those who think matches are not fixed.

If you are addicted to gambling, please quit because you are wasting your time trying to predict the out come of matches
and very importantly too, ignore those claiming to sell fixed matches. fixed matches are NEVER SOLD ONLINE.
everyone is out to get your money, dont be a fool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by Idamond: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2021
how can I get in contact with those that are yet to be caught
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Idamond:
how can I get in contact with those that are yet to be caught
lol! for real you are looking for them? do you have $100,000? just kidding. what i am saying is, it is almost impossible for you except you are in the "circle" those that fix matches are risking imprisonment so you would almost never find them online and they are not even looking for customers to start with they already have they clients that bet big money so forget it.
this is just to show Nigerians how pathetic it is to take football serious
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nobody fixed Nigeria's World Cup qualification..
Nigeria qualified because Tunisia were unable to win their match..
Had they won..
We would have been out.
Simple..
All these unproven allegations by the Western media is RUBBISH! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
donbenie:
Had they won..
We would have been out.
Simple..
not rubbish. i have examined the claims and the kenyan team also have come forward and clean on Raj's involvement. do you know raj Offered $100,000 to the team that beat tunisia?
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:

not rubbish. i have examined the claims and the kenyan team also have come forward and clean on Raj's involvement. do you know raj Offered $100,000 to the team that beat tunisia?
Offering $100000 for a team to beat another is NOT illegal..
THAT is MOTIVATION..
Teams have openly pledged to give another rewards,if they are able to beat their opponents..
What is ILLEGAL is collecting money to LOSE..
Like I said,all Tunisia had to do was to win their match..
And they would have been home and dry..
They LOST..
Whether their opponents got given a million,to beat them,is INCONSEQUENTIAL..

4 Likes

Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
donbenie:
Offering $100000 for a team to beat another is NOT illegal..
THAT is MOTIVATION..
What is ILLEGAL is collecting money to LOSE..
Like I said,all Tunisia had to do was to win their match..
And they would have been home and dry..
They LOST..
Whether their opponents got given a million,to beat them,is INCONSEQUENTIAL..
exactly, it is not illegal, but it is part of the scheme. bankers are daily robbing people using perfectly legal means. that is how the society works. what was Wilsons business with the Tunisian game? well, not to be distracted, the Kenyans already admit to taking money to lose to Nigeria and that already proves the case of match fixing to qualify Nigeria, you bringing Tunisia into the discuss is just a distraction
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:
exactly, it is not illegal, but it is part of the scheme. bankers are daily robbing people using perfectly legal means. that is how the society works. what was Wilsons business with the Tunisian game? well, not to be distracted, the Kenyans already admit to taking money to lose to Nigeria and that already proves the case of match fixing to qualify Nigeria, you bringing Tunisia into the discuss is just a distraction
It's not a distraction..
You claimed Nigeria BRIBED to qualify..
And am telling you..
Nigeria qualified because Tunisia FAILED to win their match..
SIMPLE..
The Kenyans claim can boil down to malice..
They got beaten at home..
What better way to change the narrative,than to claim the match was rigged?
They have a vested interest in making their claim..
And I don't take all these Racist Journalists serious..
The only time they shout match fixing,is when non European teams are involved..

1 Like

Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
donbenie:
It's not a distraction..
You claimed Nigeria BRIBED to qualify..
And am telling you..
Nigeria qualified because Tunisia FAILED to win their match..
SIMPLE..
The Kenyans claim can boil down to malice..
They got beaten at home..
What better way to change the narrative,than to claim the match was rigged?
They have a vested interest in making their claim..
you are just all over the place with your argument.
This Wilson guy has recorded conversations with Harambee stars players and he met Nigerian Officials to fix the qualification. he had no influence over the Tunisian game so his only choice was to motivate their opponents. now i am not going to focus on that Match but i would focus on the fact that Kenyan players received money to lose and there is evidence for that. it was not a 100% fool-proof plan, but it is enough that Kenyan players received money and instructions to lose. so forget about the Tunisian match you keep rambling about, did kenyan players recieve money and instruction to lose? yes or No?
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:

you are just all over the place with your argument.
This Wilson guy has recorded conversations with Harambee stars players and he met Nigerian Officials to fix the qualification. he had no influence over the Tunisian game so his only choice was to motivate their opponents. now i am not going to focus on that Match but i would focus on the fact that Kenyan players received money to lose and there is evidence for that. it was not a 100% fool-proof plan, but it is enough that Kenyan players received money and instructions to lose. so forget about the Tunisian match you keep rambling about, did kenyan players recieve money and instruction to lose? yes or No?
In which of the above videos was the claim and evidence of Nigeria bribing Kenya made?
Because the Kenya News report I watched,does not in any way prove anything..
The man being interviewed did not even specifically mentioned,that the Nigerian match was rigged?
ALL I heard from him was a half hearted insinuation..

1 Like

Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
donbenie:
In which of the above videos was the claim and evidence of Nigeria bribing Kenya made?
Because the Kenya News report I watched,does not in any way prove anything..
The man being interviewed did not even specifically mentioned,that the Nigerian match was rigged?
ALL I heard from him was a half hearted insinuation..
watch the last video.
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by paulolee(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
this are just rumors n speculations except he comes with raw facts n proves dt he did fix games for Nigeria and southy
I know match fixing are real n I have heard of this fixing guy on an African sport tabloid and if his proves comes out through it would be a big blow for African football because Nigeria and southy are key players..
I do respect such influential match fixers because its not an easy line of business, a little snitch from one camp can involve so many death threats n murder cases because of d soo much money in football n dts why i fear for dis guy...
as for dt nairaland low buget match fixer, he should take his time n read how secretly d business is carried out n not jus forcing his fake games on everybody..
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
paulolee:
this are just rumors n speculations except he comes with raw facts n proves dt he did fix games for Nigeria and southy
I know match fixing are real n I have heard of this fixing guy on an African sport tabloid and if his proves comes out through it would be a big blow for African football because Nigeria and southy are key players..
I do respect such influential match fixers because its not an easy line of business, a little snitch from one camp can involve so many death threats n murder cases because of d soo much money in football n dts why i fear for dis guy...
as for dt nairaland low buget match fixer, he should take his time n read how secretly d business is carried out n not jus forcing his fake games on everybody..
Wilson Raj Perumal is currently under protective custody.
i think there his story is true perhaps exaggerated but true all the same. there are lots of recordings, many of his associates have been arrested and are serving terms in prison. most guys involved deny him, people like Samson Siasia, which i never expect him to admit he had links with the man. the man could not go about recording all his conversations as if he was expecting to be caught, so the fact we can even get some of these recording proves a lot
Re: Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
donbenie:
Had they won..
We would have been out.
Simple..

Correct!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 / What Is It With Ballack That Makes Him Always Lose Finals? / keshi Releases Super Eagles 32-man List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.