Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers (561 Views)

8 Very Noticable Signs Of FAKE PASTORS/PREACHERS/BISHOPS / Question: "Women Pastors / Preachers? Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?" / Burna Boy Expresses Dislike For Pastors/preachers,says He Might Knock One Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Lostchild(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
Although the title of this thread sound like I look down on pastors or preachers but truly I cannot look down or belittle any humans. I will only look down on a person only if they have evil characters. Wherever I go, when I see banners of preachers, pastors, bishops, no mater their title, I just see them as self hustlers.

I recently started seeing them as men who are trying to hustle their way to the top. I do not plan to attack pastors, but to share my hidden thoughts. And no matter how hard I tried to hide my thought and feelings, God knows what is hidden in my heart.

Naturally I will never desrespect or look down on any human being, be it pastors or the handicap or less prividlege, we are all humans and I pay all due respect to everyone as humans.

Even all the so called general overseer that are on top, I don't see reason to esteem them and I also feels that they self in nature no matter what they preach or the crowd they control and the money they 've got. I see them as humans, just like you and me.

When I have a strong liking towards a preacher, it is because I have seen the genuine character of Christ in them and the grace and power of God working through them to reach out to we the suffering and helpless children of God.

If I am personally being very close to any top pastors or annoited prophet of God, I will pay them the respect all humans deserve, but if you put me very close to a handicap person or the less privilege, I will bow my head in sallute to them and always show them the greatest respect, love and admiration because I am a genuine lover of the poor. This is why I so much love God highest general, Prophet TB Joshua because he genuinely love all the handicaps and sufferers.

There are very few annoited men of God who are cross bearers. I admire these few preachers because they went through so many years of trials and suffering before God raise them and cloth them with power and glory. I admire them because they have painful life stories to tell, these are the ones I called men of God and they are very, very few in number.

Many new people around me wonder why I don't go to church on sundays, what they don't understand is that, I have personal relationship with God and for me Christianity is a personal race, it is about our character and love. The key is for all christians to build a prayerful and sinless relationship with God which I tried to maintain even in hidden closed doors.

This message is about my view on preachers and pastors, truly I don't called them men of God because many of them do not have selfless or sacrificial love towards others and have dissappointed the body of Christ.

NOTE
I personally had dissappointing encounters with pastors that really made me to believe that 95% of preachers and pastors are selfish in nature. I just see them as men doing their normal sunday church business just like every other working men out there. I do not want to share my heartbreaking experience with these pastors and preachers. What break me more is when I see a pastor being influence by his wife to do wrong to persons who has helped them. I was dissapointed when I see a pastor I so much trust or believe in, allows his wife to influence him to do wrong to my soul. When I sat him down and remind him that I know what you and your wife are doing, he started telling me about forgiveness but my respond to him is that forgiveness is not possible without genuine repentance. I can no longer tolerate humans or give a serpents another chance to damage me. Since then, I began to see how terrible a woman can be. Deep within my heart I almost criticize God the way he created the nature of women. My past and present pains almost made me to hate women but I just have to suppressed my anger and present pain towards women

If you are the type of man who will allows your wife to influence you to do wrong to your fellow human, you are not a man but a toy

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Ororocelemi(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
My brother you are very correct, for me I see pastors as business men not different from Alaba Int'l market business men and etc. I would rather respect a poor cripple than those pastors and I have said this many a times to my friends, if everyone starts reasoning like me towards pastors, they will all join another business and leave church business.
If I have a wife and she is the pastors respecting type, she is leaving and there is no two ways about it.
I don't think any pastor will survive being a reverend father with the little stipend they get and the rural villages most of them are been posted to.
Father Mbaka is the only reverend father that is making me feel embarrassed as a Catholic and I don't rate him anymore since he is a political person.

God will help us in this Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by xproducer: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
On one hand, we should - when appropriate - speak against any practices that are contrary to the Gospel of the Lord JESUS CHRIST

Paul humbly but assertively corrects Peter:

"Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision." - Galatians 2:10-12

On the other hand - we must never judge! If one is looking for sin, one need only look at a mirror!

Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God." - 1 Corinthians 4:5
Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Myer(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lostchild:
Although the title of this thread says that I look down on pastors or preachers but truly I don't look down or belittle any humans. I will only look down on a person only if they have evil characters. Wherever I go, when I see banners of those preachers, pastors, bishops, prophets, no mater their title, I just see them as selfish hustlers. I recently started seeing them as men who are using the gospel to hustle their way to the top. I do not plan to attack pastors, but to share my hidden thoughts. No matter how I tried to hide my thought and feelings, God knows what is hidden my heart.

Naturally I dont desrespect or look down on any human being, be it pastors or the handicap or less prividlege, we are all humans and I pay all due respect to everyone one as humans.

Even all those so called GO's that are on top, I dont esteem them because I feels that they are hidden and selfish in nature no matter the Christ they preach or the crowd they control and the money they have got, I see them as humans, just like you and me.

When I have a strong liking towards a preacher, it is because I have seen the genuine character of Christ in them and the grace and power of God working through them to reach out to His suffering children.

If I am personally being very close to any top pastors or anoited prophet, I will pay them the respect all humans deserve, but if you put me very close to a handicap person or the less privilege, I will bow my head in sallute to them and show them great respect and love because I am a lover of the poor. This is why I so much love God highest general, Prophet TB Joshua because he genuinely love all the handicaps and sufferers.

There are very few heavily anoited men, I esteem these few preachers because they went through many years of trials and suffering before God raise them and cloth them with power, these are the ones I called men of God and they are very, very few in number.

Many people around me wonder why I dont go to church on sundays, what they dont understand is that, for me Christianity is about our character and love, it is a personal race, the key is for me to build a personal relationship with God which I continue to maintain even in hidden closed doors.

This message is about my view on preachers and pastors, truly I don't called them men of God because many of them are a hiden disgrace to the body of Christ.

NOTE
I personally had encounters with pastors that really made me to believe that 98% of preachers and pastors are liars and prosperity selfish hustlers. I just see them as men doing their normal sunday church business just like every other working men out there. I do not want to share my heartbreaking experience with these so called pastors. What break me more is when I see a pastor being influence by his wife to do wrong to a persons who has helped them. I was broken when I see a pastor I so much trust or believe in, allows his wife to influence him to do wrong to my soul. When I sat him down and remind him that I know what you and your wife did, he started telling me about forgiveness but my respond to him is that forgiveness ia not poasible without genuine repetance. I can no longer tolerate humans or give a serpents another chance to kill me. Since then, I began to see how terrible a woman can be. Deep within my heart I almost criticize God the way he create the nature of women. I almost hate women but I just have to suppressed my anger and pain towards women

If you are the type of man who will allows your wife to influence you to do wrong to your fellow human, you are not a man but a toy.

Like you rightly said most of the pastors today are simply church businessmen and hustlers.

The competition between pastors is even more incredible;
Who has more church members.
Who has bigger structures.
Who earns more tithes.
Who has more jets.
Who has most beautiful wife.
Who has the best choir.
Who has more security guards.

One day sha, dem go soon cast.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Lostchild(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
xproducer

Mention to me the name of the pastor that I judge? What do you understand about judging others? If I write my opinion or how I feel about politicians, will you tell me that I am judging politicians?

Since I shared my hidden thought about pastors and preachers, you now quote me with scriptures. All you people do is to use the scriptures to argue and argue. I pitty all of una
Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Mystery9(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
You don't go to church on Sunday and you are happy? Keep on judging without looking at yourself. Have you not read 2Tim 3:1-3 and Hebrew 10:25?
Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mystery9:
You don't go to church on Sunday and you are happy? Keep on judging without looking at yourself. Have you not read 2Tim 3:1-3 and Hebrew 10:25?
Jesus Christ no send you any of that. Have you completed the actual tasks that He gave you to do which is continual submission and obedience of His every teaching and comandments/rules? undecided
Re: Why I Don't Esteem Pastors / Preachers by Lostchild(m): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2021
Mystery9:

My relationship with Jesus is much more better since the day I stop going to church. What makes you think I am judging pastors?

Are you a pastor or a preacher?

Can you mention to me the name of the pastor that I judge?

I created a thread where I condemn the extreme wickedness of Nigeria police, you didnt quote me for judging them

I created a thread where I condemn the extreme tribalism mentality of Nigerians, you didnt quote me for judging my country men.

I created a thread where I call many religious nairalanders a hypocrite, you didnt quote me for judging them

I created many thread where I heavily condemn the selfish and stupid character of Nigeria women, you didnt quote me for judging women

I created a thread where I condemn the evil characters of members of my own house-hold, you didnt quote me for judging my family members

I created this thread where I shared my view over pastors and preachers, now you quoting me with scriptures of judging others.

Late General T.b Joshua opened a church with no branches, yet he touch many lifes and heal millions of souls. You and your fellow pastors open thounsands of church branches but yet millions are still suffering in sickness.

I asked you again, Are You a pastor ?

Can you answer me?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Greatest Person To Have Ever Walked The Face Of The Earth? / Prophetic Word.002 / Be On Your Level.ditate Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.