Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Christian Involvement In Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Involvement In Politics (1188 Views)

A Call For Christian Involvement In Politics. / Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lciIQY7036k

As Christians we should at the very least understand the basics of politics in the country we are in even if we choose not to get actively involved.

Covenant Christian Centre through the platform is organising this golden opportunity on Saturday, August 7, 2021 @9:00am. Let's take advantage..

Register to vote
Get your pvc here
https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/home/login

Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
anointedlinks:

As Christians we should at the very least understand the basics of politics in the country we are in even if we choose not to get actively involved.

Covenant Christian Centre through the platform is organising this golden opportunity on Saturday, August 7, 2021 @9:00am. Let's take advantage
Is this really just to educate Christians on the basics of politics or to mobilize them to getting involved in politics particular to the benefit of politicians? undecided
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is this really just to educate Christians on the basics of politics or to mobilize them to getting involved in politics particular to the benefit of politicians? undecided

To educate and to mobilize to their own benefit i.e. to vote for the candidate(s) of their own choice; not that of the politicians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8QINyqBSIY
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
anointedlinks:

To educate and to mobilize to their own benefit i.e. to vote for the candidate(s) of their own choice; not that of the politicians
Educate and mobilize Christians in particular to vote? Why single Christians out in this? undecided
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Educate and mobilize Christians in particular to vote? Why single Christians out in this? undecided
This Church event is open to all and sundry to educate us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xkRyAqnK4Y
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
Coming up next week. Register now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0oJacDCTo
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Replay video of the event now available online! Watch here >>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lciIQY7036k
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by leofab(f): 2:29am On Aug 08, 2021
Nice in itistevs

1 Like

Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Eviana(f): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2021
Separation of church and state.....
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2021
Eviana:
Separation of church and state.....

Can be said to have been disastrous hence the need to educate the Church on the workings of the state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCsKGscXR8
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
anointedlinks:

Can be said to have been disastrous hence the need to educate the Church on the workings of the state
How so? undecided
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Eviana(f): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
anointedlinks:

I agree (with the bolded) that all people--including the church-- should have a basic knowledge of how city, state and federal governments work.
Just wondering how many persons can truly separate their religious beliefs from the functionings of "government" without bias in some form?
Two different modes of thinking....
Seems to me, then, to be more disastrous to combine the two.
Just wondering to what extent should we, Christians, go?
My thoughts though....
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
Deep thoughts and valid points made. There definitely has to be a separation of emotion from the reality on ground. E.g. Someone blindly supporting a politician from their Church, even when it's clear the elected official doesn't care about the masses, would be detrimental to the hopes of our nation ever becoming better.

Bishop Kuka's speech at the Platform Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSw2l1ZVGc

1 Like

Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
Eviana:

I agree (with the bolded) that all people--including the church-- should have a basic knowledge of how city, state and federal governments work.
Just wondering how many persons can truly separate their religious beliefs from the functionings of "government" without bias in some form?
Two different modes of thinking....
Seems to me, then, to be more disastrous to combine the two.
Just wondering to what extent should we, Christians, go?
My thoughts though....

Extremely hard. I think someone who is liberal. That person must just attend different churches, and attend jumat services in the mosque too in a nation like ours (naija). But not impossible. Balancing religion and politics is the main ingredient needed in this present world. I think such person must hear clearly from God before venturing into it. And I also think God might have been training some people for this role. But I tell you....hmmm....this person trying to fit in this role must be wise.

1 Like

Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
The end is fast approaching!
We are living in THE LAST OF THE LAST DAYS!

Soon after so much struggle between the religions on Politics and shedding innocent blood there will be much complaints against RELIGION then ATHEISM will take over and declare PEACE AND SECURITY {1Thessalonians 5:3} then the end of Satan's system will come! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The end is fast approaching!
We are living in THE LAST OF THE LAST DAYS!

Soon after so much struggle between the religions on Politics and shedding innocent blood there will be much complaints against RELIGION then ATHEISM will take over and declare PEACE AND SECURITY {1Thessalonians 5:3} then the end of Satan's system will come! smiley

Maranatha
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Register to vote today
Get your pvc here
https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/home/login
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2021
Holiday greetings to you all
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Pls, check the back of your Voters Card, if it was registered in 2011, you need to revalidate it at the INEC office.
New INEC Card reader for 2023 election will not be able to read it.
Do it now, to avoid disenfranchisement.
Tell others.
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by paltielx: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
Christians should have nothing to do with politics, some Jews wanted to make Jesus king he escape and ran to the mountain. John 6:14,15. On the later part of his life he explained to Pilate that his kingdom is not of this world John 18:36. When on earth his tribe(Jew) was under the rule of Roman, though being the saviour, he never seek for freedom or cause unrest in the nation even though he had the power to do that. He only focused on restoring the People's lost relationship with God. That's what true christians today are ought to do
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 9:11pm On May 27, 2022
Future is bright
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by Image123(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2022
No be there motivational speakers like VP Osinbajo and Durotoye dey come talk grammar and theory? Osinbajo is a good example of the failure of this.
Re: Christian Involvement In Politics by anointedlinks: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2022
It is well

(1) (Reply)

I'd Rather Put My Fingers In A Lion's Mouth Than Trust Another Human Being / New Year Tragedy: Honor Killings Of Twins In Dallas Texas / Can Someone Explain Exekiel 23: 20 To Me: I Need To Explain It To 12yr Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.