Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery (7892 Views)

Senator Olamilekan Adeola Gives Back To The Society, Empowers 3000 Constituents / 2023: APC NWL Storms Borno Empowers 3000 Vulnerable Women / 76-year-old Concrete And Block Craftsman Benefits As Lagos Empowers 2000 Artisan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Lanrelagboi: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lagos State Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Abisola Olusanya has said that no fewer than 3,000 agripreneurs would be empowered at this year’s annual Agricultural Value Chains Enterprise Activation Programme slated for Thursday, 29th July, 2021.

Olusanya who spoke in Lagos over the weekend explained that 70% of the beneficiaries are women and youth adding that the Programme has been specifically targeted at three value chains of poultry, fisheries (artisanal) and piggery.

According to her, the 3,000 beneficiaries would include 300 Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP)/Agricultural Youth Empowerment Scheme (Agric-YES) participants, 400 pig farmers, 680 fishermen, 190 fish cage culture beneficiaries, 360 egg marketers, 500 fish processors, 200 rice farmers and 370 crop farmers.

The Commissioner added that the three value chains were targeted because statistics indicated that they were the value chains that were most affected by the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and zoonotic diseases besides the fact that they are the value chain where the State has comparative and competitive advantages.

“This year’s Agricultural Value Chains Enterprise Activation Programme will be coming up on Thursday, 29th July, 2021 where we will be giving out farm implements and other inputs to 3,000 agripreneurs across three value chains of poultry, piggery and fisheries.

“This will include 300 Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP)/Agricultural Youth Empowerment Scheme (Agric-YES) participants, 400 pig farmers, 680 fishermen, 190 fish cage culture beneficiaries, 360 egg marketers, 500 fish processors, 200 rice farmers as well as 370 crop farmers.

“We will be empowering farmers with tractors, ploughs, disc harrows, fishing boats, outboard motor engines, nets, fish-finders, thresher battery cages, point of lays, poultry feeds, de-feathering machines, destoning machines, juveniles, fish feeds, medications, pig growers, smoking kilns, GP tanks, freezers, herbicides and many more,” Olusanya averred.

She noted that the Programme was in line with the Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led administration’s THEMES developmental agenda with the fourth pillar of making Lagos a 21st Century Economy in focus.

The Commissioner noted that through the Programme, the State would be on a rapid track of attaining food self-sufficiency and reduce its dependence on other States for food.

Olusanya stated that the selection process was free of any interference whatsoever from the political sphere as all beneficiaries were either selected on merit or through nominations by their Agriculture Cooperative Associations.

She therefore urged all would-be beneficiaries to fully maximize all that they would be getting so that they can be agriculture ambassadors that the State would be proud of while serving as inspirations for younger ones who would like to venture into the agriculture business.
https://unilagefiwe.com/lagos-empowers-3000-agriprenuers-in-fisheries-poulty-piggery/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by FalseProphet1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
They are empowering loyalists ahead of 2023 elections, unfortunately Nigeria would cease to exist before 2023.

This I have seen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Premiumwriter2: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
I hope buhari establish colonies for those poultry and pig farmers too.

Or should we wait till they start clashing with farmers before we give them RUGA too?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Hendtime: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Political empowerment
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Wow, massive
This is the way to go

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Elvixbeatz(m): 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nice one anything to curb unemployment is a welcome development

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Manty(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Just passing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by harmony75: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Na dem dem where and when?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by executioner(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
smiley
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Premiumwriter2:

Or should we wait till they start clashing with farmers before we give them RUGA too?

Let the birds start walking on four feet and be eating grasses first, else Buhari no get their time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by sabreal: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
This shows that the beneficiaries are already known.

How were they selected or how were they favoured?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by VillageHead: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good

But where is the land for these ventures in Lagos?
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by nairavsdollars(f): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lagos empowers APC members you mean
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by temitope27(m): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
How many times una wan write this news

1 Like

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Obere4u: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Premiumwriter2:

Have the government from 199 ever supported herders like they do to other farmers?
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by majamajic(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Money dey fish farming oo

This is July , my neighbor has harvested his 3rd round of over 1000 catfish each round , from January . Every 2 months

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by BrickDevo: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Shaskef: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lagos is doing well
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Samsmog1: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Na wao how can someone like me be part of this training
We don’t hear when they recruit, it’s only when they’ve recruited that we do see the starting date.....oga o
And the one I heard on Jordan fm restricts people already aged 40, God please come to my aid, I beg

1 Like

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Antoeni(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Then empowered
Agberos with billions of Naira

1 Like

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by michoim(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
FalseProphet1:
They are empowering loyalists ahead of 2023 elections, unfortunately Nigeria would cease to exist before 2023.

This I have seen.
Thank God you are a false prophet...lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by airminem(f): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Thats great
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Tosquo: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
Your name is enough for me: FALSE PROPHET�
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Echoban: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Lagos empowers APC members you mean

Are APC members not human who should be employed?? That's part of goodies that comes with being a loyal party man.. this is Niger if u like no join one moving party and stay connected..

Shi Shi eh go hard grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by IARASORGANIC: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
This is a welcome development
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Premiumwriter2: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Obere4u:

Have the government from 199 ever supported herders like they do to other farmers?

support.

Not snatch people's land for farmers. They give discounted fertilisers and that's all any farmer can ever boost of.

Is that the same as the government now trying to snatch peoples land by all means?

If buhari wants to support herdsmen, he could have talked to with Northern govs (I say North because that is their home) on how best to rehabilitate them not talking collecting southern lands like its the fulanis birthright or grazing routes like the fulani owned any land in the south.

Simply because they have been allowed to graze freely on those lands doesn't mean that it belongs to them.
Re: Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Where dem dey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondus: Only PDP's NEC Can Suspend Me / Enugu Gov. Chime Bans All Forms Of Public Gathering Till Further Notice? / Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.