Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,432 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Deliver My Pc From Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Deliver My Pc From Virus (1208 Views)

How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive / Tablet Pc From China / How Can I Stop My Pc From Draggin When Playing Pro Evolution On It?????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deliver My Pc From Virus by tizzle(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
don't know if anyone can help me. my system has been infected with a virus and my anti-virus(avast) can't detect it. i've tried every possible way to get rid of this virus but it wouldn't go. it slows down my system and whenever i'm logged on to yahoo messenger it sends a message to everyone on my messenger list. it always pops up a screen with the website, www.thecoolpics.net. it even set it as my home page. can any one help me with a solution. thanx
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by swing4real(m): 3:21am On Jul 18, 2007
which antivirus are you using?
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2007
swing4real:

which antivirus are you using?

cant you read that he said he's using avast antivirus,
@ poster,
try go get kaspersky antivirus, ok?
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by inze(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2007
got similar virus some time, wooped its ass with Norton

Its a good one

I n z e
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by ujuslims(f): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
this kind of stuff happened to my system a while back, the name of the site that colonized my system was ZINBLOG. at the end, sha
when i tried to install kaspersky to fight it, it stopped me from logging into the system, bottomline, I ran my recovery disk again cry
but now I use NOD 32, it literally nods away viruses from my sys, if u cant see NOD, go 4 kaspersky, but pls quit the avast, which
I guess is the Home edition. rescue your system b4 yu go thru what I did. try downloading some antivir stuff from www.scanwith.com
cheers
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by PHEESAYOUR(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
I once had a dreadful virus named (about.brontok A) and some others, I simply go get Antivir Guard. It will flush them all!
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by guysmat(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2007
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by hayprof(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2007
I think I av the Virus [with exactly the homepage u gave[b](thecoolpics.net)[/b]] On my Pc too. I av tried a forumites solution located on his Blog -Stating I shuld boot to Safe Mode to do some stuff, but i got[Some wrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaa coming down the screen] I thnk the thing sef don disable Safe Mode.

Any help, Almost everythig on the Pc is inaccessible.
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by tizzle(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2007
thanks y'all. i downloaded and tried to load kaspersky, that's after i uninstalled avast. my system went off during the installation and when i tried to continue the installation it refused to continue saying i had to remove the previous one(kaspersky). i tried to delete it but it refused to go, it kept bringing up some kinda funny msg. after a while my hard drive was full and the msg stopped popping up. i deleted a few stuffs from my system and the msg started coming up again till my HDD was full again. the long and short of the story is dat i formatted my system and installed McAfee. my sytem is working perfectly now and i hope it stays that way. please who ever is reading this, don't ever have any thing to do with kaspersky, it SUCKS!!!!! thanks ujuslims for ur help and everyone thanks. lol
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by nikekenny(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2008
contact me from Eset NOD 32 original version, (N3000) 08051355133
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by routik(m): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
That which hijacked your homepage is a symptom of spy ware which sometimes cannot be removed by anti virus.

Get a license super-Anti spy ware ,

Boot your computer in safe mode and run a complete PC scan with the anti spy ware and see the result.

After which you can now scan with anti virus in normal mode.
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by thomp4pal(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2008
una dey see sef,, shocked shocked,
the bobo don formatt him system at last and all is well with him now,abah why una dey form u too know,,,,
LIMBO LIMBO, cool cool cool
Re: Deliver My Pc From Virus by walemy: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2008
If u have tried all d antivirus u can find and all to no avail.Pls call dis no for more help 08026220123 wale

(1) (Reply)

Starcomm Trouble / Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network / Guide For Virtual Box (vmware And Sun Xvm Virtualbox) On Ubuntu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.