Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Help! I Don't Have Feelings! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! I Don't Have Feelings! (450 Views)

No Reply Or I don't have.... Which Do You Prefer? / Man Dies In Edo Few Days After Posting "I Don't Wanna Die Too Young" (Photos) / What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Ademola47(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nairalanders, please I need your help. Don't mind the length of my post.

Recently, I've noticed that I don't have feelings anymore. As in I don't feel emotional anymore. In fact, I don't feel sad, depressed or pain when I should. To me, there's no bad day.

To put things into perspective, in 2019, I lost a close friend. Some of our other friends cried except me. In fact, I wasn't depressed or really pained. I just thought it was his time that reached. Too bad of me!

After some months, I lost a close cousin. My siblings cried except me. I was just calm and Frank as usual. To even shed 'crocodile' tear was hard. I literally maintained the 'hard guy' status unintentionally.

Series of events have happened that I don't even see as big deal anymore. I missed admission by less than a mark, that night I even played Pes (a video game) overnight. No sadness or pain was felt.

Even to the opposite sex. Ordinarily, I'm not the type of person that keep much female friends. But to develop little feelings for one girl is hard even if it'll later die down. The attraction is not just there, even when I see extremely beautiful ladies. Deep down, I just feel things will happen naturally. But in reality, it's killing me. To talk marriage, I'm very very young. In fact, in twelve year's time, I don't see myself in it. But sooner or later, I'll eventually have to settle as a man. How I will genuinely and passionately love the lady baffles me as well.

To talk business, I trade Forex and Crypto. Whenever there's a loss, I just smile. No sadness, or at least swing of mood. I just see everything as normal life occurrence.

To make it worse, I'm a full extrovert. I work, live and spent almost every part of my life in a busy and lively area while relating with tens of friends.

My most recent experience was in May when my Mom lost her only sister. As she was crying, my elder brothers cried compassionately simultaneously. But not me. I just sat down on the chair for hours. To be honest, I was thinking of how the champions league final was gonna be later that week.

Please, am I normal? How can I overcome this?
Is there anyone that feel the same?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by PoliticalAnalys: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
That's sign of early maturity.

Hard guy nature (or Alpha male as it is fondly referred to on Nairaland) that many guys are dying to have is what you don't like.

I personally respect people that don't cry or show outward feeling of sadness. I see them as the real MEN. You'll make a good husband, father and boss in terms of emotional breakdown.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Opak001(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
I believe at the state of the nation,that is if you are in my country,your state of been is better.
Start feeling by 2023 pls ...
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Oblongata: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
I envy you bro! If used well, that’d be a nice gift you got yourself!!! Consider being a doctor, lawyer or soldier cool
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Emperormartin(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Start making money on your own

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Ademola47(m): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
PoliticalAnalys:
That's sign of early maturity.

Hard guy nature (or Alpha male as it is fondly referred to on Nairaland) that many guys are dying to have is what you don't like.

I personally respect people that don't cry or show outward feeling of sadness. I see them as the real MEN. You'll make a good husband, father and boss in terms of emotional breakdown.

Please elucidate
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
Send me some money and you will feel something.just try it.
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Nmeribe17(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Am likë you bro...I have seen and been through a lot in my life though...emotions, love life ,relatives ,money don't move me...am a student..
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Ademola47(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
Expecting more opinions...
Re: Help! I Don't Have Feelings! by Ademola47(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
lalasticlala please bless this thread

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Benefit If You Buy Real Instagram Followers? / American Are The World's Number One Terrorist Nation. / Why Priorities Professional Car Washing Routines For Your Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.