Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) (43302 Views)

Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Yusuf Bayero Is Dead! Emir Of Kano's Uncle Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by AnanseK(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Commentor:

You do know about sarcasm right?

This is Nairaland. Common sense is not important here grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by mastermaestro(m): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Commentor:

By the way I'm not a norther.

I'm from SS believe it or not.

I simply hate the way northerners are misrepresented.

Are you serious? I have always followed your comments here. It will take something remarkable for me to believe you. However this doesn't in any way indicate hate or ill feeling towards people from the north.

By the way, I did enjoy the one year I spent serving in Taraba state. Warm people, I must confess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by Commentor: 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
mastermaestro:

Are you serious? I have always followed your comments here. It will take something remarkable for me to believe you. However this doesn't in any way indicate hate or ill feeling towards people from the north.

By the way, I did enjoy the one year I spent serving in Taraba state. Warm people, I must confess.

I kid you not.

I don't follow the crowd that can't think got themselves.

I served in Sokoto, so I know better.
Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by Salym(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
sarrki:
Emir of Kano, Abdullahi Bayero in his Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton (1155) Car
Date:1931

Abdullahi Bayero CBE CMG dan Muhammad Abbas (1881–1953) was Sarki (Emir) of Kano, with headquarters in Kano, Kano State, Nigeria from 1926 to 1953.As a traditional ruler he had extensive powers under the British colonial authority

Bayero was born in 1299 AH (1881). He received his early Islamic education at the Sarki’s palace and he was guided by the prominent Islamic scholars of his time.

He was appointed Sarki Kano in April 1926 and was formally installed on 14 February 1927.

Kano city was the first place in the North to have electricity and a water supply on a large scale. This was chiefly the result of the initiative of Abdullahi Bayero, who proposed in 1927 that surplus funds in the Native Administration accounts be used to provide an electricity and a water supply for the whole of Kano. Until then, these services had been supplied only to the Government area

Sarki Kano Abdullahi Bayero was the first Sarki to perform the Hajj, hence he is popularly known as Sarki Alhaji. He was accompanied on this journey by his younger brother Galadima Abdulkadir and Ma’aji Mallam Sulaiman, who later became the first Walin Kano.

Sarki Kano Alhaji Abdullahi Bayero died on Thursday 13th Rabi al-Thani 1373 (23 December 1953) #northernnigeria #kano #safepassagetothenorthproject #ASIRIMagazine #vintagestyle #cardillac #NigeriaHistory #emirofkano #islamic #historic #historyphotography #photooftheday #tgif #weekend #historychannel #nigeria #arewapeople #emirates
He was the first Emir from Kano to perform the Hajj (1937) but not the first Emir in Northern Nigeria: Muhammad Dikko of Katsina was the first who performed his in 1921

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by Salym(m): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2021
Aganju849:

Meaning all the Sarkis before him were fake muslims
Performing the Hajj before the invention of automobiles was practically not possible for Emirs because going by foot will take you years and they obviously cannot leave their kingdoms for that long. Hajj isnt compulsory for someone who doesn't have the means both materially and physically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by Neddyogu(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
Commentor:
Our Oyel money.

When was oil discovered in Nigeria sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by Commentor: 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Neddyogu:

When was oil discovered in Nigeria sef?

Good question.
Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by AbuAeesha: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
sarrki:

Atimes some of you just spew thrash due to oversabi

not just over sabi but also clueless and unreasonable hatred.he should come up with a pic at that time when any of his forefathers were walking on tarred roads
Re: Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) by kvngmaxy(m): 7:23am On Jul 30, 2021
When you're big you're big

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Saheed Ademola Elegushi Of Ikate Land Marries A Second Wife / Ife Grand Resorts & Leisure, Osun: Built By Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi On 252 Hectares / The Beauty Of Edo Brides And Women In Their Native Attires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.