Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? (21544 Views)

Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? / Is It That Our Educational Institution And companies don't Communicate? / Why Must Employees Give A Month Notice Of Resignations But Companies Don't? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by ultiabaz36(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
I have gone to about four insurance companies interview and they all have the say characteristics. I was scheduled for the interview with these companies and each time I go the interview as an experienced marketer, they end up telling stories that touch.

They will be like Congratulations, you have been offered the position as a marketer but will like to let you understand that we don't have a specific salary while our Marketers pay their salaries themselves. They will continue like, there is no limit to the amount you can earn here. In fact someone is going home at the end of this month with 1,000,000. What does that mean is that we are based on commission.

At least, they should be able to start with as low as 50k being a graduate because before you start getting the unknown customers, you will spend money and how do they expect someone who is looking for job to see money for all the kinda miscellaneous.

Insurance company no dey try at all in Nigeria.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Excerpts AY.

I used to work in an Insurance company before I switched to Telecoms. Anyway I was in the IT department of one of the most promising Insurance companies.
Not all Insurance companies are bad, some of them pay reasonably well...not too much but not too bad. Though the reality is most of them don't pay well at all, but you could be lucky to get one of the few good ones.
If you are in marketing, you also have a good chance of making big money. In my former company, if you bring a business you are entitled to 10-20% commission. But when you don't bring a business, you will be in trouble. Other non-marketing staff also bring businesses and collect commission too. If you can tell me the name of the Insurance company, I can tell you if they are worth it because many of them are mushroom companies smiley

More info about insurance companies in Nigeria

https://www.nigeriaboom.com/2020/10/insurance-company-salary-in-nigeria.html[/quote]

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Muhylonaire007: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Lolz.
You no fit see draw.
I don't know why they don't pay salary but I know that most newbies that work as marketers do so because of frustration, they just want to do anything and not stay idle.
You can take it up but if you know you don't want to trek and make the sole of your shoe to bend, that time you will be wasting to attend interviews with insurance companies or looking for customers, learn a skill in the tech world.

My little cent.

18 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by DoggoneDogg: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
grin grin

So those my guys wey dey Insurance just dey bobo me??

43 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by onoms4luv(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ready
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Wizywiz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
Bro that's the kontri for you ooo.....
Everywhere don cast oooo

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by djkaneo(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
K
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Whitecoal711: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
Op,I highly concur with you
At least they should be a salary,then the prospect worker will then be given incentives for harder work

13 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
Them owe you money?
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
cheesy... You go bring BAD market wey hammer the insurance company to pay Insurance Benefit and you expect the insurance company to pay you Salary for making them lose money ! Are you alright ?

11 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by sematec(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
OOzz:

yarn rubbish as usual

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by EmekaBlue(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
Go make the money for them

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by FarahAideed: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
The pay salaries but just not to marketers ..you pay any marketer salary in Nigerian they won't work ....when the they know their commission is tied to performance then they work

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Nephilim: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
Lolz lolz! It's well o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by obicoolnino: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
R

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Ehins22(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Lagosianswag: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
THIS IS NEWS TO ME... undecided

I never knew some insurance workers employed directly by the company work based on commissions. Maybe this is a trend in the insurance sector.

Some marketing agents are actually not recruited directly by the insurance firms.
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Israelmoney(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
They never still change
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by johnlvis(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
Wow.
Same story here .
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by zikter(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
I agree with you OP. Most of them don't pay salary but commission strictly, which also baffles me. Like you say, they should at least start with something as salary

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by uuzba(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
The only English I understood in this writeup is: ..... being a graduate....
That one is not entitlement again O.
Just put forward your experience, and make sure, you sef can do your own business runs before begging anybody for job.

1 Like

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
They pay but people in Sales and marketing are paid not salaries but commission after they bring a sales.
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Alaganature(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
This country is in mess...I actually study insurance in school but I cease never to work in an insurance company... expect nah office I go dey 24/7

3 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Sergioaguero: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
Company not willing to take the risk.
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by McOluOmo: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
post=104113736]Reading [/quote][quote author=Vulcanheph:

What are you reading?

I'm sure you're preparing some thrash you wanna write..... Are you tired of defending your "darling daddy" ?

Shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by angelEmade: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
Op u carry this kind question come nairaland
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
Are you serious?
Nigerians are really suffering
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Muhylonaire007: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
grin
Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by heniford2: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nigeria insurance company is dead do i remind you that insurance suppose to be the financial Hot balls of Nigeria even Banks are learning when it comes to insurance from life insurance, health insurance, General insurance but the case is bad we have a system torn apart by lack of government involvment meaning instead of the government been involve in promoting insurance the rob the mass from it, don't ask me how is so fucking deep to explain, another one is low mentality of Nigerian's is so bad

2 Likes

Re: Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? by Muhylonaire007: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
Vulcanheph:

What are you reading?

I'm sure you're preparing some thrash you wanna write..... Are you tired of defending your "darling daddy" ?

Shame on you.

Haaa he will soon report you with his second account grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 / N-power: Distribution Of Devices To Volunteers Begins July 15 / 5 Things To Consider Before Accepting A Job Offer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.