Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria (1487 Views)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Briton In Lagos / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Gwarimpa, Abuja / ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 12:36am On May 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Briton, Italian kidnapped in northwestern Nigeria[/size]
By Aminu Abubakar (AFP) – 6 hours ago

KANO, Nigeria — Gunmen have kidnapped a Briton and an Italian working for a construction firm in northern Nigeria after storming their apartment, police said on Friday, but a ransom had not been demanded.

A German colleague managed to escape by scaling a fence, police said, while a Nigerian engineer was shot and wounded in the incident on Thursday in the city of Birnin Kebbi, said state police commissioner Adamu Hassan.

"Two construction engineers, a Briton and an Italian working for a foreign construction company, B. Stabilini, were kidnapped from their lodge in Birnin Kebbi last night by unknown men," said Hassan.

"The kidnappers have not established any contact with us and have so far not demanded for any ransom."

Describing the incident, he said "a horde of gunmen stormed the apartment where the construction workers were staying."

According to the commissioner, [size=14pt]a large amount of cash in the lodge where the two expatriates working for the firm were staying was not taken[/size]. The firm, B. Stabilini, was founded by Italians but is located in Nigeria.

The workers were involved in construction of a Nigerian central bank building in the capital of Kebbi state, located in Nigeria's far northwest near the border with the nation of Niger, he said.

A spokesman for the British High Commission in Nigeria, Hooman Nouruzi, said officials were aware of reports of a missing British national and were investigating, but could not comment further.

Italian embassy officials declined to comment.

Kidnappings for ransom have occurred frequently in and around the oil-producing Niger Delta region in the predominately Christian south, but have been rare in the mainly Muslim north of Africa's most populous nation.

Areas of the north are still recovering from widespread deadly rioting following presidential elections on April 16 won by southern incumbent Goodluck Jonathan.

In 2009, a Canadian was kidnapped in northern Kaduna while participating in a Rotary International-organised cultural exchange.

She was held for nearly two weeks before being released. Shortly after her abduction, Nigerian police indicated that her kidnappers had demanded 136,000 dollars in ransom.

[size=14pt]Al-Qaeda's north African branch has claimed kidnappings of foreign workers in the neighbouring nation of Niger, but there has been no indication of the group's involvement in the Nigerian abductions.[/size]

Scores of kidnappings for ransom of foreign oil workers have been carried out in the oil-producing Niger Delta region in the south, though a 2009 amnesty deal led to a sharp decline in unrest there.

Most of the kidnap victims in the Delta have been released after a ransom was paid.

Nigeria is Africa's largest oil producer, but poverty remains widespread. The country is roughly divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominately Christian south.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hm4x954uu5ibEKFw3O4h4hrWpSsg?docId=CNG.e3465c20de9ed0ab1051e340d52cbd47.421
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by LoveKing(m): 12:55am On May 14, 2011
Was it terrorism when it was happening down south?
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 1:06am On May 14, 2011
LoveKing:

Was it terrorism when it was happening down south?

Don't let that bother you.

However, what political goals can possibly justify any of the acts of terrorism in the core-North? A single reason from your kind self would be satisfactory.
What is Boko Haram fighting for? Why did almajiri's kill 600+ people? Why are so many bombs going off in the North? Why was a bomb factory discovered in Kaduna? Why was Nigeria always on Bin Ladens lips? Why Mutallab? etc etc

My broda, na terrorism be dat. It wouldnt come as a shock if we begin to hear about drone attacks in Nigeria soon, because boys for dat side are wayward.
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Johndoe100(m): 4:22am On May 14, 2011
I am sure that the C[/b]razy [b]P[/b]eople in [b]Crisis party is behind this.
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30am On May 14, 2011
the ultimate hypocrisy coming from a one time mend apologist whose former heroes midwifed the kidnapping industry in nigeria
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 6:50am On May 14, 2011
oyb:

the ultimate hypocrisy coming from a one time mend apologist whose former heroes midwifed the kidnapping industry in nigeria

One day you will finally realise how foolish you are. We are all praying for you! Holy Ghost fire! Holy Ghost fire!

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by aljharem3: 7:01am On May 14, 2011
Beaf:

One day you will finally realise how foolish you are. We are all praying for you! Holy Ghost fire! Holy Ghost fire!

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beaf u are a hypocrite and a very very bad person/ evil

when MEND was kidnapping bombing killing innocent people (igbos and yorubas) in the north, you did nothing also your GEJ did nothing as well

also why did GEJ betray us angry
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 7:52am On May 14, 2011
alj_harem:

beaf u are a hypocrite and a very very bad person/ evil

when MEND was kidnapping bombing killing innocent people (igbos and yorubas) in the north, you did nothing also your GEJ did nothing as well

also why did GEJ betray us angry

You must be suffering from mad cow disease!
I am happy you mentioned killings and bombings in the North. That is the job of "aboki MEND", they are fvcking grass eating Boko Haram terrorists, you can see for yourself that the article is speculating that they are al qaeda.

Why would they kidnap a foreigner? Are white people doing things to oppress and pollute the North?

Toad.
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by aljharem3: 7:54am On May 14, 2011
Beaf:

You must be suffering from mad cow disease!
I am happy you mentioned killings and bombings in the North. That is the job of "aboki MEND", they are fvcking grass eating Boko Haram terrorists, you can see for yourself that the article is speculating that they are al qaeda.

Why would they kidnap a foreigner? Are white people doing things to oppress and pollute the North?

Toad.

when i said north, i meant abuja

also when they kidnapped some of your innocent country men, u did nt call for there arrest

remember no one is above the law
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 7:56am On May 14, 2011
alj_harem:

when i said north, i meant abuja

also when they kidnapped some of your innocent country men, u did nt call for there arrest

remember no one is above the law

This your love for Boko Haram na die!
Are you a Boko Haram operative? Do you like the way they kill people, or that someone has been kidnapped? shocked
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:00am On May 14, 2011
Beaf:

This your love for Boko Haram na die!
Are you a Boko Haram operative? shocked

no i am not, personally i have not seen boko haram and neither have my relatives seen one

why are they leading the north to think there is al qeada undecided

yes even in the north, we do nt like al qeada because my Quran did not tel me to practise such

boko haram is a fractonal character created by the ss-se media to make the north look bad
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 8:09am On May 14, 2011
alj_harem:

no i am not, personally i have not seen boko haram and neither have my relatives seen one

why are they leading the north to think there is al qeada undecided

yes even in the north, we do nt like al qeada because my Quran did not tel me to practise such

boko haram is a fractonal character created by the ss-se media to make the north look bad

I bet the Borno state governors driver is also a fictional character, created by the SS/SE media. He was shot dead by Boko Haram yesterday.
You sound like a solless id!ot. Real blood is being spilt and here you are defending Boko Haram like a fool.
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:13am On May 14, 2011
Beaf:

I bet the Borno state governors driver is also a fictional character, created by the SS/SE media. He was shot dead by Boko Haram yesterday.
You sound like a solless id!ot. Real blood is being spilt and here you are defending Boko Haram like a fool.

i am not defending anyone or group

the driver been shot was a political miscalculation in an attempt to kill the governor

(moreover, u opened a thread and u are insulting, do u make sense at all) undecided
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Beaf: 8:24am On May 14, 2011
alj_harem:

i am not defending anyone or group

the driver been shot was a political miscalculation in an attempt to kill the governor

(moreover, u opened a thread and u are insulting, do u make sense at all) undecided

How do you know if the killing was a mistake, are you a member of Boko Haram? Cos that can only be priviledged info.
You aren't defending the murderous Boko Haram, yet you claim they are an invention of the press? Do you know how many lives have been cut short by those demons? Perhaps you also wish to convince me that Al Qaeda is a work of fiction created by the SE/SS press too? Dunce.

Dude, you abused me first and I returned the favour, or you think calling someone evil because they posted a newspaper article is good manners? Maybe among Boko Haram supporters sha.
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by apoti(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2011
Johndoe100:

I am sure that the C[/b]razy [b]P[/b]eople in [b]Crisis party is behind this.

the next time your diiick fails, I'm sure will blame the C[/b]razy [b]P[/b]eople in [b]Crisis party.

fool  undecided
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On May 14, 2011
Wetin oyibo man dey find for north sef?
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by monkeyleg: 9:07am On May 14, 2011
If true, this is indeed worrying
Re: Terrorism - Briton, Italian Kidnapped In Northwestern Nigeria by dustydee: 9:09am On May 14, 2011
apoti:

the next time your diiick fails, I'm sure will blame the C[/b]razy [b]P[/b]eople in [b]Crisis party.

fool  undecided

he he he grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Re:obasanjo’s Secret Letter, Police Raid The Nation Newspaper, Arrests Editors / Is Musiwa The Oba Of Yorubaland's Nairalanders?. / We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.