Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties (1485 Views)

"Ohakim Gave Me $2.29m Cash To Buy Abuja Mansion" - Witness / David-west To Okonjo-iweala: Buhari Doesn’t Need Your Advice / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by Nchara: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2012
We did not sell any mansion to Okonjo-Iweala -EFAB Properties

Written by Ebenezer Adurokiya
Friday, January 13, 2012

Against the back-drop of a growing claim that Minister of Finance, Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had allegedly bought a mansion worth N1.2 billion in Maitama, Abuja, the company which allegedly sold the property to the minister, EFAB properties Ltd, has denied the claim.

advertisement

AdChoices

An online news website, pointblanknews.com, has alleged that the Abuja property company sold a mansion worth N1.2 billion in Maitama, Abuja, to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr Okonjo-Iweala, in November 2011, insisting that it has "overwhelming evidence to prove that she owns the mansion but if she insists we are wrong, she knows where to seek redress."

However, chairman of the property company, Chief (Dr) Fabian Nworah, has, in a press release signed and made available to the Nigerian Tribune, denied the story.

"It has been brought to our attention that pointblanknews.com claimed that EFAB Properties Ltd sold a property at No.3, Nwaora Close, off Gana Street, Maitama, to Dr Okonjo-Iweala. It is a fact that we have properties for sale at the above address, but none has been sold as of today (January 11). We want to say categorically that we did not sell any of the houses to Dr Oknjo-Iweala," the statement said, calling on inquisitive Nigerians to visit AGIS, Abuja or Syndicate Plaza, Plot 404, Ahmadu Bello Way, Garki II, Abuja, for confirmation.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jan/13/614.html
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by Nchara: 7:19am On Jan 15, 2012
The Nigerian press is completely useless.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by hercules07: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2012
@Nchara

Bone that thing, this is Nigeria and anything goes, it is highly possible they did not sell the property to her but we can not trust them, they can be bought off.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by EkoIle1: 7:27am On Jan 15, 2012
Money don change hand

Den don apply pressure

Story don change

GEJ and the real cabal in action

lmao
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by Nchara: 7:32am On Jan 15, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

Bone that thing, this is Nigeria and anything goes, it is highly possible they did not sell the property to her but we can not trust them, they can be bought off.

She has denied it previously. The so-called seller has now denied it. You still doubt it. The onus is on you and people like you to prove it.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by BlackPikiN(m): 7:33am On Jan 15, 2012
Eko Ile:

Money don change hand

Den don apply pressure

Story don change

GEJ and the real cabal in action

lmao

Just the way Thief-nubu built Orient hotel with Lagos tax money abi?
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by hercules07: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2012
@Nchara

Please stop twisting my words, I had doubts that she could buy a 1.2billion naira house, that was why we argued for long on another thread, the point I am trying to make is not to believe whatever anybody says until it is confirmed by a trusted third party.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by Nchara: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2012
hercules07:

@Nchara

Please stop twisting my words, I had doubts that she could buy a 1.2billion naira house, that was why we argued for long on another thread, the point I am trying to make is not to believe whatever anybody says until it is confirmed by a trusted third party.

Okay! You had doubts, she has denied it and the seller has denied it, yet you still insinuate someone is covering up? What do you want, my friend?

Based on our previous discussion and this, your doubts appear very fake. I believe you believe she did it.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by hercules07: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2012
It is your prerogative to believe whatever you like, my own standpoint is I can not take the words of a typical Nigerian business man as gospel truth, there are NDAs and other sorts of agreements that debar people from divulging information.
Re: We Did Not Sell Any (Abuja) Mansion To Okonjo-iweala -efab Properties by honeric01(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2012
Please o, but why won't the seller deny knowing what happened to fountain bank after tafa balogun's loots were discovered there? why won't you deny when you have spent almost half of the money used in buying the purported asset? the stress of returning the money? the stress of selling the house to another buyer just to raise back the money if you ever find a buyer? and the possible search-light on other business activities of the so-called company?

Who knows if the company also handled alot of sales to other criminals in government?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office In Kaduna And Abuja. / Reno Omokri(beaf) Assignd To Keep Focus/discussion Away From Oil Thieves Debate! / Urhobo Youths Forum Congratulate's Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.