Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise (19486 Views)

How Best Do I Answer A Query? (Photo) / Habitual Lateness And Absenteeism Compared / Proven Strategies To Reduce Employees Absenteeism In The Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by ilevic(m): 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
Otenestbestyaho:
Help! Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise Session
My Boss is at it again, this time he gave more than 16 staff queries for absenteeism from Saturday’s Exercise Session, which is not part of our employment agreement.

On Saturday, we are mandated to come to the office from 6: 00 am to 8: 00 am for one hour of exercise.
I don’t turn up for Saturday’s Exercise Session due to the security and transport fare challenge

Transport Fare
Saturday’s exercise session is taking a toll on me financially, I spend N600 daily to and from work, Monday to Friday. My take-home-pay is not up to Nigeria’s minimum wage
Adding Saturday to my transport budget would drain me financially
Security
I am mindful of the security situation in my area. On more than one occasion, people have been robbed/killed at an early hour in the morning, giving rise to fear and security consciousness
My question is, why are Nigerian Boss’ this Heartless? Was it perversity we longed to address this? What hope lies in secrecy if Boss’ continue to treat employees like a slave?

Three words of advice.
One, reply the query, tell them why you were absent.
Two, be on the lookout for another if you are tired of the place
Three, learn not to bring company matters to the public. Now you have revealed the identity of other colleagues. If you are actually security conscious, you would have kept other people's name from the post
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by rickyboss333: 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Bro I feel your pain.
First, this is a private sector and believe me, even if u take d case to court, u will loose because I am very sure u signed a document with d company, a document which most of us barely take time to read the terms n condition or simply ignore the terms n conditions all in d name of starting d job first (one that u must toiled very hard 2 get n bcom succesul among hundreds of applicants) n getting ur pay, and I am very sure, be it directly or indirectly, thier lawyers can quote a part of the policy that backs that query u hv received even if u get fired or punished 4 it at d end.
Second, let's b frank, u were wrong. I am very sure d notice 4 such exercise was not impromptu. If u knew u wouldn't mk it, d right thing to do was to write n take due permission 2 b absent. We all tend 2 forget something...imagine every1 had not turned up 4 d exercise. at d end of d day, it will only mk ur boss look like a fool n weak 4 a leader n I am sure sm human beings among u would still laugh at him at d end if they went scot free. I also hv this feeling that d query was done just to justify those that turned up 4 d exercise so that they don't look stupid 4 coming. And even if that isn't d case, as humans, even if it was u, u will feel like ur ego was trampled on to hv such number of ppl default ur directives.
My advice 4 u is this...just play d fool, reply d query with almost respect n remorse, apologizing 4 not seeking permission first, while stating these reasons u hv just given 4 ur absence in a very modest way n assure him such will not happen again... to avoid been part of d scape goats at d end.
Last, na query ein b na, no b punishment or sanction, na how u reply go determine d outcome. Just play cool. Job no dey d country, mk we just dey manage d one we get. Na God go help us las las.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by 123papas(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2021
Andrew Otene!!! See me in my office first thing tomorrow morning
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by descarado: 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
You should be sacked.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by BruncleZuma: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
Company no sabi spelling nah workout dem spell as walkout....?

My brother man/sister woman...you're in the wrong company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by AlphaT1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
bluefilm:
What's the meaning of this nonsense? sad

You berra go and sort yourself out with your .mad boss instead of bringing this bullshît here to disturb my peace as if anything said here will reverse your mad boss' decisions.

Nonsense sad
Take it easy on the young man. People are going through stuff and sometimes they feel better by letting out what's in their chest.
As a safety professional, I have learned never to shut anyone out when they are voicing out their frustrations, no matter how stupid they sound. I have witnessed "one death too many" due to frustrations.
Funny enough people mock those expressing out their emotions like this, and the next day the guy commits suicide and same mockers start commenting "RIP, may God comfort the family". That's hypocrisy....C'mon let's be more human.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by felixawe(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
What's your job schedule ?
What's your official resumption time ?
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Oseniade(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
Try and be your own Boss...
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Zxcvbnm98: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
ShenTeh:
You deserve more than a query.

You should respond to the query with your valid defence instead of whipping up emotions from strangers on the www.

Did you preinform your line supervisor that you won't be showing up, with reason(s)?

Your employment offer might not state that you would be expected at work on Saturdays, but it might have a clause that empowers the company to seek your presence at extraordinary functions

Posting your company's internal communication with a list of some of your colleagues is gross unprofessionalism.

Again, you should get more than a query.

You guys that talk like this are used to slavery sha. Chai. Over here OP would probably be speaking with a lawyer on how to sue his boss. What kind of rubbish is this grin Exercise that isn't in the employment agreement grin Nigeria sha.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Zxcvbnm98: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
Commotfornigeri:
A query with that many grammatical blunders is what I call mgbeke feeling funky.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Zxcvbnm98: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
A company that isn't even paying minimum wage is asking you to come and exercise with them on Saturday grin na person wey don chop belleful dey do exercise na. Lmao. If I was using the company's services for anything, I would immediately drop them after learning how they treat their employees. Nonsense. The worst part is that people are even defending this. Nigerians truly love suffering and smiling.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
His head is not correct
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by ShenTeh(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
Zxcvbnm98:

You guys that talk like this are used to slavery sha. Chai. Over here OP would probably be speaking with a lawyer on how to sue his boss. What kind of rubbish is this grin Exercise that isn't in the employment agreement grin Nigeria sha.

The joke is on you.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by bjtinz: 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2021
What's the big deal about a query sef? It's only asking for explanation, that's all. So you can give your reasons.

Query doesn't automatically equate punishment, thats a mistake most of us make.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by WaffenSS(m): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
bluefilm:
What's the meaning of this nonsense? sad

You berra go and sort yourself out with your mad boss instead of bringing this bullshît here to disturb my peace as if anything said here will reverse your mad boss' decisions.

Nonsense sad

You do know you'd the option to:

1. Not open the thread

2. Not read the post
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Fortez: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
Yes take it and smile
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by SmartVilletech: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
We all must pay attention to the fact that they had a meeting and op was at the meeting without raising any objections.

Another thing that the op would have done is to engage his line manager privately.

Stay in that company and learn all that you need to learn and move on to greater things.

Work experience is not the numbers of years that you have worked; it’s the meaningful things that you have Learnt over a period of time.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][url][/url][img][/img][img][/img]

Help! Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise Session
My Boss is at it again, this time he gave more than 16 staff queries for absenteeism from Saturday’s Exercise Session, which is not part of our employment agreement.

On Saturday, we are mandated to come to the office from 6: 00 am to 8: 00 am for one hour of exercise.
I don’t turn up for Saturday’s Exercise Session due to the security and transport fare challenge

Transport Fare
Saturday’s exercise session is taking a toll on me financially, I spend N600 daily to and from work, Monday to Friday. My take-home-pay is not up to Nigeria’s minimum wage
Security
I am mindful of the security situation in my area. On more than one occasion, people have been robbed/killed at an early hour in the morning, giving rise to fear and security consciousness
My question is, why are Nigerian Boss’ this Heartless? Was it perversity we longed to address this? What hope lies in secrecy if Boss’ continue to treat employees like a slave?

Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by Mydazz(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
harmony75:
but common sense demands he cancels the exercise for that last Saturday cos of the election going on there was no movement till 3pm on if the exercise was a ritual he wound have put it later evening let's say 5pm!

Nothing was said about the same Saturday being an election day, or even the location of the OP
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by xpizzy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2021

Transport Fare
Security

I'd for starters, take off/redact the names of other people in the document. This Query gives you an opportunity to advise management. On the one hand, it is a fact that the last Saturday was an election day and there was restriction of movement as such you have an Alibi.

On the other hand, you should highlight that in the Era of technology, you have the opportunity to join the exercise session from home via WhatsApp or Zoom. You should appeal to management to enable this feature as an option to encourage participation.

You need to sell this to management that it helps you to solve the problems of high cost of transportation and the challenging security issue that you have in your environment.

So, going this route is going to either earn you a pat on the back if management is open and progressive or earn you reprimand if the management are full of dinosaurs.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I'd rather take it
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:02am On Jul 27, 2021
No law protects Labour.. try this In uae... minister of Labour wey dey find companies they go fine make more money for uae government go use u Shine for stealing from their workers... I keep saying this... Nigeria is a shit hole country
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by AK6464(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2021
Greg and Co ICT
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by beckyomas(f): 7:36am On Jul 27, 2021
DWJOBScom:

All companies right now are having one exercise session or another.
The dude failed to communicate his views during the meeting.
You missed the point
All companies doing what now?
I didn't miss your point, something like that shouldn't be mandatory, employees also have lives to live and should not beg or take permission to control the weekends they have to relax.
He already said that wasn't in the contract when he signed up.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by ocelot2006(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2021
Why didn't you redact the names of your colleagues? Your action is simply wrong. Btw you signed up to work there. You are therefore expected to adhere to their rules. If you don't like that, then put in your resignation letter and leave. SIMPLE.
Re: Is This Query Letter Necessary? Absenteeism From Saturday’s Exercise by XavierD(f): 8:31am On Jul 27, 2021
Yes. If it an official event of the company, yes you can be queried for not attending. Don't be ignorant.

And bringing here will cost you that job.

Take it to your union or industrial court. Not here.

Don't let some jobless fellows here cheer you into unemployment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? / 9 Things To Know Before A Phone Interview / Protest In Abuja By Nigeria Immigration 2000 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.