Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments (16103 Views)

THROWBACK: Atlanta 1996 - Nigeria "Dream Team" Won Gold In Olympic Football / Jim Nwobodo: What Abacha Did After Atlanta '96; What I Did For Kanu Nwankwo / 10 Unforgettable Football Moments In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Afobear: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2021
But these same Nigerian Pendu fans says Olympics is nothing because their pant idol got brutalized by war and weapons merchants Iran in the Group stage... Never oluwa Messi that destroyed Nigeria with his Dimaria

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by thedio(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
After that match anyone that fumbles either in words or action is referred to as a Bebeto. grin

Reason been that when Bebeto was being interviewed on the possible outcome of the match, he rather didn't talk about their present match with Nigeria but instead talked about Argentina, who had already qualified for final. Bebeto said, Nigeria can never stop them, that, Nigeria don't have the experience to defeat them. He said he is only afraid of Argentina, after they win Nigeria (when they haven't played the match yet).
But to everyone's surprise, Nigeria won them and also defeated their final rival, Argentina putting Bebeto to shame.
They defeated us at the group stage and Bebeto believe they will defeat us again. That Brazilian team was so strong that everyone fear them but dream team1 shocked them. Never say never
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by OgaRico(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
If them ask these players about those flowers wey them hold them no go even remember where them dump them again but should na oyibo now,50yrs later them go bring those flowers auction them for charity fundraising.
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by soojar(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/dream-team-atlanta-1996-feat-listed-among-most-memorable-football-moments-at-the-olympics/

Don't forget that was the first time golden goal would be experimented with at a major competition by FIFA. Nigeria is therefore the first country to score golden goal at a major international competition and against Brazil for that matter.

How time flies. Memories of another day.
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Moshlaw(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
I remembered that night we triumphed in that finals. It was a great moment indeed. Can't forget that moment. It was televised in the midnight in Nigeria here.
Only God will make Nigeria have that kind of team again
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Ivimmanuel: 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Commentor:
For sure.

Indomie generation won't understand.
Yeah
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by odonky: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Tyranny:
Nigeria! A freakin' great nation! We ain't splittin' sh!t! ... GOWON forever!
keep on deceiving yourself, unity beggers everywhere
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Frenzy01(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Can't stop watching a replay of all their matches in the tournament.
An absolute terrific team

I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
madaembee:
They gave Nigeria hope in the face of Abacha's brutality. embarassed God bless the dream team
Abacha actually had a phone call with them, he is far better than the one we have now.
Re: Olympics: Dream Team Atlanta '96 Listed Among Most Memorable Football Moments by Tyranny: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
odonky:
keep on deceiving yourself, unity beggers everywhere
Hahaha! We ain't beggin' sh!t & that's that. I know y'all southerners are dyin' to find a way to bring down the president & his government & forcefully split this great nation! Brotha, It won't happen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Eden Hazard And Mesuit Ozil Claim Best Player As London Derby Nears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.