Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) (33400 Views)

World’s Worst Hippo Attacks As Nature’s ‘deadliest Animal Crushes Bones(Graphic) / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures / Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2021
showafrica:

The venom is been manufactured when it wants to bite from that green thing beside the liver. The venom is not found on the skin or body of the snake. Its safe to eat snake, though i never chop am before.
That's not true.the venom gland is situated inside the jaw region. Just the way you have a saliva gland in your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2021
Mpanyi:

What is nature? How did the nature start?

No one knows. No one will ever know.
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2021
dontbothermuch:
I thought after inland Taipen is the black mamba
The list wasn't in order of venom potency. The black mamba and it's green cousin have more potent venoms than a boomslang for example. Even more than a king cobra. Potency and deadliness are not the same thing. The Puff adder is more deadly than the black mamba in Africa because it is more common and therefore bites more people (more people getting bitten means higher probability of deaths)...but it's venom isn't as potent as a black mamba.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by bigcee(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2021
simbaleo:

You go cook inland Taipan chop? undecided
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by ThierryJay: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Grandmeister:

The list wasn't in order of venom potency. The black mamba and it's green cousin have more potent venoms than a boomslang for example. Even more than a king cobra. Potency and deadliness are not the same thing. The Puff adder is more deadly than the black mamba in Africa because it is more common and therefore bites more people (more people getting bitten means higher probability of deaths)...but it's venom isn't as potent as a black mamba.

I was thinking same too, but based on our logic, the King cobra should be number one cos it is responsible for the highest number of snake-related deaths globally. So ranking the inland taipan as number one suggests that the ranking is based on venom potency, in which case I find the 9th place ranking of the Black Mamba as inaccurate and misleading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by adedayo3193(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

... sworn.

Ban-ban Moderator.

grin grin badt guy

2 Likes

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2021
ThierryJay:

I was thinking same too, but based on our logic, the King cobra should be number one cos it is responsible for the highest number of snake-related deaths globally. So ranking the inland taipan as number one suggests that the ranking is based on venom potency, in which case I find the 9th place ranking of the Black Mamba as inaccurate and misleading.
Kings can't be responsible for most Snake bites globally because they're only found in Asia.

1 Like

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by showafrica(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2021
Grandmeister:

That's not true.the venom gland is situated inside the jaw region. Just the way you have a saliva gland in your mouth.

I think the jaw area is the compressor/projector, it compresses the venom for injection or projection. I will check again, may be that green thing sits close to the jaw area but is the venom engine
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Softflameboi: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2021
Mozambique spitting cobra nko.. Dat bastrd snake no go near you but e go still poison u
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by petermichaels(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=Chatflick post=104140124]You forgot to add Buhari and this snake can be found in Aso rock

I totally agree!!
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by ThierryJay: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2021
Grandmeister:

Kings can't be responsible for most Snake bites globally because they're only found in Asia.

I mean most deaths from bites. Where Kings operate is one of the most densely populated areas of the world (India/Bangladesh/Nepal/China/Thailand etc) and this means they cause more harm to people than any other single snake specie. Meanwhile, Inland Taipan is also restricted to coastal South East Asia/Oceania only but doesn't kill as much people as King Cobra. That's my point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2021
thank God say green mamba no dey the list
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by prospero15(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2021
post=104140121:
Number 9 is the maddest.
We jump am pass.

Omo that nigga is just aggressive and quick
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2021
ThierryJay:

I mean most deaths from bites. Where Kings operate is one of the most densely populated areas of the world (India/Bangladesh/Nepal/China/Thailand etc) and this means they cause more harm to people than any other single snake specie. Meanwhile, Inland Taipan is also restricted to coastal South East Asia/Oceania only but doesn't kill as much people as King Cobra. That's my point.
You're sure it's the king and not the other smaller species of cobras? The spectacled cobra is the most common and gets into people's homes more often. This is the first time I'm reading that kings cause more deaths in a population....just did a quick search and the top snake bites(and fatalities) in India goes to the Russell viper, followed by the common krait and then by the cobras(not specifically the king).
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by thelegend1(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2021
Abeg Snake na Snake, take off upon sighting one.

Which one be ranking here again?
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Scholarsticchai: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2021
Where is Gabon Viper
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 11:04am On Jul 27, 2021
The Banded Krait is beautiful..... But being snake, it's beauty make no meaning to me.

1 Like

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by EmmanuelScott1(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2021
What of anaconda grin

Lala abeg explain why anaconda is not in the list
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by richmond500: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2021
Mynd44:
I must have swore I saw one of my village people's name on the list
in the person of lalasticlala?
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Mpanyi: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

No one knows. No one will ever know.

Hahahaha. You know nothing then. So chill for he who knows.

1 Like

Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by mysticwarrior(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2021
Giboon viper is not in the list
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2021
showafrica:

The venom is been manufactured when it wants to bite from that green thing beside the liver. The venom is not found on the skin or body of the snake. Its safe to eat snake, though i never chop am before.

U mean Venom Gland?
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by lkillbrokehoes: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2021
Why now? so Pocohantas thread didn't grace the front-page cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/6598956/some-common-snakes-nairaland-photos
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by obainojazz(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2021
Was waiting to see the Taipan… Australia with bloody snakes
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
What about the BLACK MAMBA?
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by UfanMd: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Dangerous creaturs
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by UfanMd: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
Dangerous creatures
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by Adewale1603(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nuelito:
E get one question wey I wan ask abeg.

This snake of a thing that people do eat.....don't the venom have after effects on human or does fire kill it too?
once the snake is dead, it can't produce or secrete venom again, so no more venom in its body system, moreover people don't eat the head, they cut it off, even if there is little, fire, cooking, boiling will definitely kills it
Re: The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) by pacespot(m): 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
That boomslang is very scary o, imagine, you will never know it is a snake with the way it wraps its body on the tree (camouflaging the stems) until you see its head, which might be too late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn How To Build A Fuelless Generator And Make Money This Year (video)!!! / 'Karoo Firewalkers': Dinosaurs Braved South Africa's Land Of Lava / Budimir Buda Holds His Breath Underwater For 24 Minutes, Sets New World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.