Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Dhikr (remeberance Of) Allah And His Beautiful Names - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dhikr (remeberance Of) Allah And His Beautiful Names (641 Views)

Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di / Ruling On Using Adhan Or Dhikr As Ringing Tone / "The Name Of Allah Written On The Ground By Ants" - Man Praises God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dhikr (remeberance Of) Allah And His Beautiful Names by Amoto94(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2021
Dhikr (Remeberance of) Allah and His Beautiful Names

Virtues of subhānAllah (glory be to Allah), al-hamdullilah (praise be to Allah), Allah akbar (Allah is the greatest) and La ilaha ila Allah (nothing is worthy of worship except Allah).

1. The best speech after the speech of Allah (the Koran)

2. The most beloved speech to Allah

3. More beloved to the Prophet ﷺ than the whole world.

4. Expiate sins

5. The seeds of Paradise

6. The virtue of the believer who grows old making takbir, tasbih, tahlil and tahmid!

7. Allah's chosen words for His servants

8.A shield from the Hellfire

9.They circle the throne, sounding like buzzing bees, mentioning the person who says these words

10. Charity for the one who says them

11. How weighty in the scales!

12. Substitute for the Koran until the one who is unable to recite it learns

Imām Salāh ad-Deen al-Álāì, Allah's mercy be upon him, explains the secret behind the great virtues of subhānAllah, al-hamdullilah, Allah akbar and La ilaha ila Allah and the fact that they are the al-Bāqiyātus-Sālihāt (the abiding deeds of righteousness).

"These four phrases represent the Beautiful Names of Allah.

SubhanAllah represents the Names which indicate a meaning of purity from imperfection like al-Qudus (the Holy One) and as-Salām (the All-Perfect).

Alhamdulillah represents the Names which affirm the perfection of Allah like al-Àleem (All-Knowing) and al-Qadīr (the All-Powerful).

Allah akbar represents the Names which indicate the greatness and exaltation of Allah and His uncountable praises like al-Āàlā (the Most High) and al-Mutàāl (the High-Exalted)

La ilah ila Allah represents the Names which indicate the uniqueness of Allah, in that He is the only true deity and that only He is the one truly worthy and deserving of worship, like His names like al-Āhad (the Unique) and al-Wāhid (the One).”

Volume on the explanation of al-Bāqiyātus-Sālihāt (the abiding deeds of righteousness)

Salāh ad-Deen, abu Saed, Khalil ibn Khaikladì ibn Abdullah ad-Damashqì al-Álâì (761 H)

Reference- Fiqh of supplications and remeberance

Shaykh Abdur-Razzāq al-Badr Allah's mercy be upon him volume 2 page 148

1.Book of Etiquette

Chapter: The Virtue Of Glorifying Allah

Sunan Ibn Majah 3811

It was narrated from Samurah bin Jundab that the Prophet (ﷺ) said;

"(There are) four that are the best of words, and it does not matter with which you begin:

Subhan-Allah, wal-Hamdu-Lillah, wa la ilaha illallah, wa Allahu Akbar (Glory is to Allah, praise is to Allah, none has the right to be worshiped but Allah and Allah is the Most Great)."

2. The Book of Manners and Etiquette

Sahih Muslim 2137

Samura b. Jundub reported that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said;

"The most beloved phrases to Allah are four: Subhan Allah (Exalted be Allah), Al-Hamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), La ilaha illa-Allah (There is no deity but Allah), Allahu Akbar (Allah is the greatest). There is no harm for you in which of them begin with (while remembering Allah)..."

3. Sahih Muslim Hadith # 2695

The Book Pertaining to the Remembrance of Allah, Supplication, Repentance and Seeking Forgiveness

Chapter: The Virtue Of Tahlil (Saying La Ilaha Ill-Allah), Tasbih (Saying Subhan Allah) And (Du'a) Supplication

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying;

The uttering of (these words):"Exalted be Allah; all praise is due to Allah, there is no god but Allah and Allah is the Greatest," is dearer to me than anything over which the sun rises."

4. Jami` at-Tirmidhi Book of Supplications hadeeth #3460

Abdullah bin Amr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said;

“There is not a person upon the earth who says:

‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and Allah is the Greatest, and there is no might nor power except by Allah, (Lā ilāha illallāh, wa Allāhu akbar, wa lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāh) except that his sins shall be pardoned, even if they were like the foam of the sea.”

5. Jami` at-Tirmidhi Book of Supplications hadeeth # 3462

Ibn Mas`ud narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said;

“I met Ibrahim on the night of my ascent, so he said: ‘O Muhammad, recite Salam from me to your nation, and inform them that Paradise has good soil and pure water, and that it is a flat fertile plain, and that its seeds are: “Glory is to Allah (Subḥān Allāh) [and] all praise is due to Allah (Al-ḥamdulillāh) and ‘none has the right to be worshipped but Allah’ (Lā ilāha illallāh), and Allah is the greatest (Allāhu Akbar).”

6. Musnad Ahmad 1401

It was narrated from `Abdullah bin Shaddad that three people from Banu ‘Udhrah came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and became Muslim.

The Prophet (ﷺ) said:

“Who will take care of them?` Talhah said: “I will.” So they stayed with Talhah. The Prophet (ﷺ) sent out an expedition and one of them (these three men) went on that expedition and was martyred. Then he sent out an expedition, and another of them went on that expedition and was martyred. Then the third one died in his bed. Talhah said: “I dreamt that these three people who had stayed with me were in Paradise, and I saw the one who had died in his bed was ahead of them. I saw the one who was martyred last next to him, and I saw the one who was martyred first at the back. I was confused about that so I went to the Prophet (ﷺ) and told him about that.

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “What did you find so strange about that? No one is better before Allah than a believer who lives longer as a Muslim, because of his fasting, takbeer and tahleel.`

7.Musnad Imâm Ahmed 2/302 from the musnad’s of abu Huraira and abi Saed al-Khudhrì that the Prophet said;

“Indeed Allah has chosen from speech four statements, subhānAllah (glory be to Allah), al-hamdullilah (praise be to Allah), Allah akbar (Allah is the greatest) and La ilaha ila Allah (nothing is worthy of worship except Allah).

Whoever says subhānAllah has twenty rewards written for them and twenty sins removed, and similarly whenever someone says Allah is the greatest, and la ilaha ila Allah. And whoever spontaneously says -praise be to the Lord of worlds- has thirty rewards written for them and thirty sins removed.

Ruled authentic by Shaykh Muqbil Allah’s mercy be upon him

8. Sunan al-Kubrā 6/212

Abu Huraira reported that the prophet said;

“Hold on to your shields! They said; “Oh messenger of Allah! Is the enemy here?” He said; “Nay, your shields from the hellfire! Say subhānAllah (glory be to Allah), al-hamdullilah (praise be to Allah), Allah akbar (Allah is the greatest) and La ilaha ila Allah (nothing is worthy of worship except Allah).

On the day of judgement they will come in the forefront as shields and they are the al-bāqiyātus-sālihāt (the abiding deeds of righteousness).”

Ruled authentic by Imām al-Albanì Allah’s mercy be upon him

9. Sunan Ibn Majah Book of Etiquette hadeeth# 3809

It was narrated from Nu'man bin Bashir that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said;

"What you mention of the glory of Allah, of Tabsih (Subhan-Allah), Takbir (Allahu-Akbar) and Tahmid (Al-Hamdu lillah), revolves around the Throne, buzzing like bees, reminding of the one who said it!

Wouldn't any one of you like to have, or continue to have, something that reminds of him (in the presence of Allah)?”

10. Sahih Muslim-The Book of Zakat-Chapter: The word charity (Sadaqah) may apply to all good deeds hadeeth # 1006

Abu Dharr reported;

"Some of the people from among the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to him: Messenger of Allah, the rich have taken away (all the) reward. They observe prayer as we do; they keep the fasts as we keep, and they give Sadaqa (charity) out of their surplus riches. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) said:

"Has Allah not prescribed for you (a course) by following which you can (also) do sadaqa? In every declaration of the glorification of Allah (i. e. saying Subhan Allah) there is a Sadaqa, and every Takbir (i. e. saying Allah-O-Akbar) is a sadaqa, and every praise of His (saying al-Hamdu Lillah) is a Sadaqa and every declaration that He is One (La illha ill-Allah) is a sadaqa, and enjoining of good is a sadaqa, and forbidding of that which is evil is a Sadaqa, and in man's sexual Intercourse (with his wife, ) there is a Sadaqa. They (the Companions) said: Messenger of Allah, is there reward for him who satisfies his sexual passion among us? He said: Tell me, if he were to devote it to something forbidden, would it not be a sin on his part? Similarly, if he were to devote it to something lawful, he should have a reward?"

11. Sunan an-Nissāì 6/50

Abu Salmā reported that he heard the messenger of Allah said;

“Bakhin, bakhin (words of good tidings), and pointed to his five fingers, how heavy they are in the scales! SubhānAllah (glory be to Allah), al-hamdullilah (praise be to Allah), Allah akbar (Allah is the greatest) and La ilaha ila Allah (nothing is worthy of worship except Allah) and the righteous child who passes away to a Muslim parent who patiently awaits their reward from Allah.”

12. Sunan Abu Dawud Book of Salat 832

Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa reported that;

“A man came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: I cannot memorise anything from the Qur'an: so teach me something which is sufficient for me. He said: Say Glory be to Allah, and praise be to Allah, and there is no god but Allah, and Allah is most great, and there is no might and no strength but in Allah.

:He said: Messenger of Allah, this is for Allah, but what is for me? He said: Say: O Allah have mercy on me, and sustain me, and keep me well, and guide me. When he stood up, he made a sign with his hand (indicating that he had earned a lot).

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "He filed up his hand with good."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2927068794200406&id=100006919427852&refid=17&_ft_=mf_story_key.10215772045172496%3Atop_level_post_id.10215772045172496%3Atl_objid.10215772045172496%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1784958301%3Aoriginal_content_id.2927068794200406%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100006919427852%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10215772045172496%3Astory_location.4%3Athid.1784958301%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1627801199%3A-6434777837786689087&__tn__=%2AsH-R&_rdr

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Cigratte In Islam / Islamic Society Distributes Foodstuff / Predestination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.