Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (11680 Views)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by ceomike(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2011
You all need to see this.

Two and a half year old girl preaching the word and speaking in tonuges.

View here : http://michaelokeje.com/2011/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-inspires-2-year-girl/
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by EarsWide(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2011
Are you implying that you think she is REALLY preaching the word and speaking in tongues ?

I know 2 years that kick the ball around - it does not mean they can play for Barcelona, or does it ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by mabell: 1:41pm On May 15, 2011
EarsWide:

Are you implying that you think she is REALLY preaching the word and speaking in tongues ?
I know 2 years that kick the ball around - it does not mean they can play for Barcelona, or does it ?

Last week, i saw a shocking news on the yahoo homepage about a little boy that was signed up to play for a big club just because of the way he kicked a ball.
His parents had to do the signing and contracting for him co he was too young to even spell his name.
In as much as he cannot play now, he is being retained to play in the future

So if this two and a half year old girl is not audible enough and you think she is not preaching, wait until she gets bigger and grows in this training she had before now!
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by ceomike(m): 1:03pm On May 16, 2011
What are you guys saying now. This girl is doing exceptionally well. Those that you have seen played football at age 2, do they do it exceptionally well!. She deserves great commendation.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by EarsWide(m): 6:41pm On May 16, 2011
@ceomike

She is not doing exceptionally well - she has been exposed to religion way too early. Do you really think she understands any of the things she is saying ?
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by mabell: 9:44pm On May 16, 2011
you'll be shocked at what she understands
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by KunleOshob(m): 10:45pm On May 16, 2011
@mabell

Even you that is supposedly older than to 2.5 year old girl has consistently demonstrated on this forum that you understand absolutely nothing as far as the scriptures is concerned. How much less a two year old.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by donnie(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2011
^^^ahh Hmm this guy sef.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by mabell: 11:41pm On May 16, 2011
KunleOshob:

@mabell
Even you that is supposedly older than to 2.5 year old girl has consistently demonstrated on this forum that you understand absolutely nothing as far as the scriptures is concerned. How much less a two year old.

The world is moving faster than you think or imagine, be watchful lest you are thrown off balance grandpa
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by EarsWide(m): 1:01am On May 17, 2011
@Mabell

Come on - a two year old cannot be aware of what she is doing. Let us not take this thing to a ridiculous level.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by kris2glo: 1:42am On May 17, 2011
Hmmm… this little sharp has gotten it. Her next 5years is a bomb in her world…. I just wonder, if spoke in tongues like that when I was 2. If I did, then I would have past this level long ago.

Her mother is indeed a woman of God
(Proverbs 22:6 (New King James Version)6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.)

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by EarsWide(m): 1:44am On May 17, 2011
@kris2glo

I hope you are joking - you surely cannot think a 2 year old can speak in tongues!!
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by fyneguy: 1:57am On May 17, 2011
KunleOshob:

@mabell

Kunle, kindly remember to switch on your brain when posting. Please dont give the wrong impression to people that some humans live with empty skulls.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Joagbaje(m): 6:14am On May 17, 2011
@Fyneguy

Ask them ,do they speak in tongue?

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Every christian ought to speak in tongues.

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 9:04am On May 17, 2011
Speaking in tongues is a gift that not every Christian has unless every Christian is an apostle:

Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

We must covet the best gifts and it is not speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 13) like some churches say. The best gift is prophecy:

1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

The reasons why are also given in 1 Corinthians 14, I think tongues are favoured over other spiritual gifts because they are easy to fake.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 9:08am On May 17, 2011
I don't speak in tongues but I have the gift of discernment of spirits. That is my function in the body of Christ. I can discern those who are speaking giberrish or demonic tongues but I don't forbid anyone to speak in tongues. I also don't expect those who speak in tongues to put me down because I don't speak in tongues.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 9:13am On May 17, 2011
As for this kid, spiritual gifts only come with the holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is only given to those who obey God. The first act of obedience is repentance. Repentence can only come after conviction of sin.

If a 2 year old can understand sin and be convicted and repent, then maybe she can receive the Holy Spirit. We have to be careful with this. Tomorrow you will hear a 1 year old, 8 month old, 1 month old filled with the Holy Spirit. What is next? a baby filled with the Holy Spirit form his mother's womb.

What I think is that the child can be imitating, even a lot of adults do that why can't a 2 year old imitate preaching and speaking giberrish tongues?

It's more likely that she's imitating rather than having received the Holy Spirit at 2.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Joagbaje(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2011
There is difference between speaking with or in tongues and praying in tongues. Every Christian ought to have it

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 10:19am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

There is difference between speaking with or in tongues and praying in tongues. Every Christian ought to have it
Any quotes from the Bible? Or is this "revelation knowledge"
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 10:25am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

By the way, you said all Christians ought to speak with tongues. The scriptures quoted above says "We are members of one body. We can't all be apostles and prophets. We can't all work miracles, we can't all have gifts of healings and we can't all speak with tongues."

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

The scripture you used to justify your doctrine used the same phrase "speak with" as the scripture that clearly says not all speak with tongues. twisting the Bible is difficult Pastor Joe, you will find yourself in a knot.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by wetu: 11:21am On May 17, 2011
Hahaha, He edited his post. Edit also the scripture:

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with in new tongues;

hahaha, Pastor Joe! Why? Why?
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Zikkyy(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2011
EarsWide:

@kris2glo

I hope you are joking - you surely cannot think a 2 year old can speak in tongues!!

What do you expect from somebody that reasons in 'tongues' grin

KunleOshob:

@mabell

grin grin grin True talk
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Papa(m): 9:28pm On May 29, 2011
1Co 12:8 For to one [b]is given by the Spirit [/b]the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

My question: Who fills a man with the Holy Ghost or gives him the gift of tongues? Man or God? Jesus Himself said in Luke 18:27 "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

While we don't know, if she was really filled or not, let's us shut our traps. If she was really filled or not, how much more does it make you a Christian. Just be glad that this young girl at least has an idea and higher chances to the understanding of God than otherwise. Leave the rest. It doesn't promote you spiritually or otherwise.

As for the question of if all SHOULD speak in tongues,  Paul was asking to make a certain point; and that's why he asked other related questions. The subject of tongues was not his point. However, Jesus, a greater than Paul said in Mark 16:17, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

Do you know how many things Jesus (or even other scriptures in the Bible) said about Christians that they are not enjoying? Should that necessarily discredit what Jesus has said?

I kinda like what @wetu said. If you speak in tongues - thank God for your life. If you don't find out what it's all about and choose whether or not you want to or not,  otherwise, shut your trap! Especially if you don't understand.

It is only a fool that opens his mouth about a subject he is not completely or sufficiently informed about.

Besides, speaking in tongues is not the deciding factor with God,  so stick to what He wants and is interested in, in you. Any and every other thing is a waste of time, that is unnecessary.

@Joagbaje, my brother, you're right, but let's first help those who are still far below that level of understanding first.

@wetu, just for the record, the Bible does not say ", we can't all speak with tongues.", Paul rather asked, ", do all speak with tongues?" That's a critical difference that matters. I won't go any further, but it's important to use the right information - irrespective of the edited post (and just in light of that,  people make mistakes. So relax buddy.)
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by noetic16(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2011
@ OP
very sad . , a young child who has been possessed by a LYING spirit
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Azibalua(f): 9:59pm On May 29, 2011
I believe the reverse is the case
grin
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by adaybayor(m): 1:58am On May 30, 2011
[s]Last week, i saw a shocking news on the yahoo homepage about a little boy that was signed up to play for a big club just because of the way he kicked a ball.
His parents had to do the signing and contracting for him co he was too young to even spell his name.
In as much as he cannot play now, he is being retained to play in the future

So if this two and a half year old girl is not audible enough and you think she is not preaching, wait until she gets bigger and grows in this training she had before now![/s]

this is bull crap
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Zodiac61(m): 2:24am On May 30, 2011
This is child abuse.
The parents and pastor who allowed this insanity to happen ought to be prosecuted.
All you who think that your god encourages this kind of freak show should hang your heads in shame.
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Joagbaje(m): 3:52am On May 30, 2011
@Wetu

wetu:

Any quotes from the Bible? Or is this "revelation knowledge"

wetu:

By the way, you said all Christians ought to speak with tongues. The scriptures quoted above says "We are members of one body. We can't all be apostles and prophets. We can't all work miracles, we can't all have gifts of healings and we can't all speak with tongues."

Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

The scripture you used to justify your doctrine used the same phrase "speak with" as the scripture that clearly says not all speak with tongues. twisting the Bible is difficult Pastor Joe, you will find yourself in a knot.

Certain words could be used interchangeably in the scriptures but when we compare scriptures to scriptures ,we will get the sense of it.

Speaking with tongues primarily deals with speaking to people  while praying in tongues or speaking in tongues deals with talking to God. There is a difference between the GIFT of speaking with diverse tongues, and the general idea of every body speaking in tongue. I will like you to study 1corinthians 14 in this light and you will see the difference.

Speaking to people in tongues vs Speaking to God in tongues.
Praying in tongues on behalf of others vs praying in tongues alone
Speaking with tongues vs praying in tongues
The GIFT of diversity of tongues vs general praying in tongues by every christian.
Preaching to people (prophesying) in known language vs preaching in an unknown language etc,etc. . . .just look at the 2 scriptures below for a start and notice the difference between speaking to men and speaking to God.

1 Corinthians 14:2
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:3
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Every christian may not be able to preach to others in an earthly  language they never learned but every christian  ought to receive the holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues .It is a promise to the whole church.

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

If I speak to people in tongues ,I will need to interpret it,but if I speak to God in tongues I don't need to interpret it to God. So there is difference between speaking to people and speaking to God. There is also a difference between speaking to God on behalf of others and speaking to God alone.There is also a difference between tongues of men(earthly language) and tongues of angels ( heavenly language)

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by kandiikane(m): 12:53am On Jun 04, 2011
This child is only imitating what pastor chris does. . .If you read what she is saying she says she is like pastor chris. . .The have thought this child what to say and do

This is exploitation
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Joagbaje(m): 1:14am On Jun 04, 2011
Explain , who is exploiting who?

1 Like

Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by kandiikane(m): 1:16am On Jun 04, 2011
Christ Embassy
Re: 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches by Joagbaje(m): 1:58am On Jun 04, 2011
^^^
you have said anything. . Are you sure you know the meaning of the word Exploitation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location? / Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.