Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin (18201 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / Shrinking Lake Chad Forced Many To Crime — Buhari / Corpses Of ISIS/ISWAP Fighters Killed By Nigerian Forces In Lake Chad(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by tujays(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Lake Chad is the largest water body in that region.
Which river will they fill it in with & what will become of that river afterwards??

I won't be surprised to see $60 billion approved for water importation.

You abokis really think we are as stupid as your kinsfolk abi?

Like I said earlier, another bogus scheme to launder public funds. Thieves!!
no one thinks you are stupid. you are actually more than stupid and a clown.

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by sulaak(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
obynzo:

Naturally there are two Rivers that empty into Lake Chad. They are the Chari and Logone Rivers. The issue is that due to evaporation the river is not emptying the full capacity of it's discharge to the Lake that is why the lake is dying in addition to desertification. The plan is to divert the water from the River Ubangui(One of the tributaries of the Chari river) so the discharge will flow into Lake Chad thereby increasing the Volume of the Lake. The Ubangui River is one of the tributaries of the River Congo which is the largest river by water volume. So for me it is a wise choice.

We have to be very careful, diverting the Ubangi river might cause more problems.

In the soviet union

The Soviet government decided in the 1960s to divert those rivers so that they could irrigate the desert region surrounding the Sea in order to favour agriculture rather than supply the Aral Sea basin. ... The water level in the Aral Sea started drastically decreasing from the 1960s onward.

By establishing a program to promote agriculture and especially that of cotton, Soviet government led by Khrouchtchev in the 1950s deliberately deprived the Aral Sea of its two main sources of water income, which almost immediately led to less water arriving to the sea.

Not only was all this water being diverted into canals at the expense of the Aral Sea supply, but the majority of it was being soaked up by the desert and blatantly wasted (between 25% and 75% of it, depending on the time period).

The water level in the Aral Sea started drastically decreasing from the 1960s onward. In normal conditions, the Aral Sea gets approximately one fifth of its water supply through rainfall, while the rest is delivered to it by the Amu Darya and Syr Darya rivers. Evaporation causes the water level to decrease by the same amount that flows into the Sea, making it sustainable as long as inflow is equal to evaporation on average. Therefore the diversion of rivers is at the origin of the imbalance that caused the sea to slowly desiccate over the last 4 decades.

http://www.columbia.edu/~tmt2120/introduction.htm

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Hausaman(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
tujays:
no one thinks you are stupid. you are actually more than stupid and a clown.

See finishing, like Pmb did the runaway Hussein bolt aka house monkey.

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
Originalsly:

Why is it crap?... defend your statement. The lake is like a container .... there is nothing that can be done to the container to increase the water in it. The source of the water is what should be looked at. ... how to replenish the lake. Is there deforestation in the highlands?... is water in the upper parts of the river diverted? ... is it climate change which is natural? Why the need to spend on foreign consultants?... is this really rocket science?.. beyond us?
A simple google search will show you that water can be transferred from a source (river) to another source (a lake) and these has been done several times in the past.
Don't just argue out of ignorance, read/research about it.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
sulaak:

We have to be very careful, diverting the Ubangi river might cause more problems.

In the soviet union

I think you are right. Another option would be for them to utilize the underground aquifers in the region. Ghaddafi used it to irrigate the whole of Libya with his great lakes scheme.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by 27Pushing30: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Too early to be dropping crap. What would you rather have them do? Leave it to dry up?
Everything you block heads must bring religious sentiments into it.

Suez Canal and Panama Canal shows engineering can solve issues

Even the Netherlands defeating the sea should be enough motivation

But the blockhead you quoted isn’t Exposed in any way so forgive his ignorance

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by AFONJACOW(m): 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Too early to be dropping crap. What would you rather have them do? Leave it to dry up?
Everything you block heads must bring religious sentiments into it.
you can't change nature... God designed them to be landlocked dry desert people and there's nothing anyone can do about it
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Coldie(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Commentor:
[s][/s]

Let them solve the Erosion problems first.
Erosion problems first, give igbo man presidency we will solve erosion problem forever in less than 4years
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Commentor: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Coldie:

Erosion problems first, give igbo man presidency we will solve erosion problem forever in less than 4years

It's the presidency that stopped you from solving erosion problems in your domain?

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Coldie(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Commentor:

It's the presidency that stopped you from solving erosion problems in your domain?

We have tried but we don't have enuf funds and support to see it through.

If presidency and governorship couldn't end desertification in katsina u expect eastern leaders to do miracles with regards to erosion undecided
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by planetx: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:
Wishful thinking.... With climate change and stuffs happening. God help us all.

The world can't survive 7 billion people. Not only lake Chad, Nigeria itself is dying. The world is gearing for Final apocalypse. We are here worrying about tribe and religion. Hmm
Georgia guidestone. Why do you think the Covid vaccine is being rolled out worldwide, anyone that thinks it is about saving your lives I can only laugh at that person ignorance.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
AFONJACOW:
you can't change nature... God designed them to be landlocked dry desert people and there's nothing anyone can do about it
Which planet have you guys been living on? Water transfer has been perfected since the 70's and you are here spewing ignorance.
Go and read and do research oga.

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
27Pushing30:

Suez Canal and Panama Canal shows engineering can solve issues

Even the Netherlands defeating the sea should be enough motivation

But the blockhead you quoted isn’t Exposed in any way so forgive his ignorance
There's a whole army of block heads on NL, they are intoxicated with ignorance, worse is they refuse to learn. A simple google search should help these farm tools.

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by WestsideSamson: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nigga, you are a lot dumb

DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Lake Chad is the largest water body in that region.
Which river will they fill it in with & what will become of that river afterwards??

I won't be surprised to see $60 billion approved for water importation.

You abokis really think we are as stupid as your kinsfolk abi?

Like I said earlier, another bogus scheme to launder public funds. Thieves!!

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MadelnNigeria: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
southernbelle:
I think security will be a huge challenge for this project.
This is why I say it's possible terrorism is more of a state sponsored device. What are they doing at Lake Chad
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by CaptainFM1: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Might be scientifically or technologically possible but I don't think it's economically sustainable.

How is ground water utilisation in the Chad region
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by OBALOLA55(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

The world can't survive 7 billion people. Not only lake Chad, Nigeria itself is dying. The world is gearing for Final apocalypse. We are here worrying about tribe and religion. Hmm
BUT AL MASIH NEVER COME NOW
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Chai. grin grin These abokis ehn cheesy
You really think everyone is as dumb as you people abi?

Below is a map. Please explain to us, how a river can be channeled/diverted across thousands of kilometers (white line) to fill up a lake (blue circle) that is far bigger than it??

Considering also the environmental factors along these thousand of kilometers between 4 countries...
Don't forget to name this special river too.

We'll like to learn this new technique/technology that only Northern Nigeria is aware of in the whole world. cheesy
That is why we see u as educated illiterates. because of ur religious fanaticism and ethno-religious bigotry, u're trying hard tell us that the whole experts and citizens of those countries who have been advocating for the recharge of Lake Chad are Ignorant and don't know if the project can be conceived or not. The member countries have been meeting at UN, AU and OIC to see that the project be done for the revival of the River but u who is illiterate is try to advertise ur ignorance by ur pessimistic brain that it is going to be futile.
If it were US or China doing it u will come here and mock Africa by telling us how intelligent they're but because they're ur fellow Africans coming with idea that has been in practice for many decades u see it as impossible idea.

Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by kushme: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

under 500,000,000 is too small for the earth na..

the world population is currently 7.8billion and is projected to be 9.2 -10billion in 2045-50..

with declining finite natural resources and a growing flesh and mouth to feed. what will become of our planet ? cos, as it is, more fertile croplands will be needed and more fresh water for consumption and farm use will be needed,too.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Malawian(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Are you always this stupid?
No, only when your father gives me the go ahead to stand in his stead.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Malawian:

No, only when your father gives me the go ahead to stand in his stead.
I'm your father, i fvcked your muscular and hairy mother.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by AFONJACOW(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Which planet have you guys been living on? Water transfer has been perfected since the 70's and you are here spewing ignorance.
Go and read and do research oga.
and from who's pocket the money will come from Niger Delta feeding lazy landlocked desert since time unmemorable
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Malawian(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I'm your father, i fvcked your muscular and hairy mother.
that means your stupidity is hereditary, you inherited it from your father before passing it down to me.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Malawian:

that means your stupidity is hereditary, you inherited it from your father before passing it down to me.
No I passed it to your muscular mother before passing it to you grin
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by Malawian(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

No I passed it to your muscular mother before passing it to you grin
No wonder. You be old hand for this stupidity business.
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
AFONJACOW:
and from who's pocket the money will come from Niger Delta feeding lazy landlocked desert since time unmemorable
Go and read the article you block head. It's a multi country project.
Talking about niger delta money, the one your leaders receive what is there to show for it?
Re: Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
Malawian:

No wonder. You be old hand for this stupidity business.
Yes na, me and your mama don tey for the game...with her hairy/muscular hands and yam legs.

MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release / We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate / Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere Released By DSS After A Month In Detention. Photos