Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge (3808 Views)

Loko Oweto Bridge Vs The Second Niger Bridge / Desmond Elliot Bridge VS Abaribe 20 Years In Senate Without A Project / Desmond Elliot Bridge Vs Onem Tyna Miracle Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by ba7man(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:

Point is this govt is the epitome of corruption
Your logic is questionable since you don't even know about inflation on global currencies over time.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by oyatz(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:

My brother that bridge no suppose cost pass $10 million dollars

We all know that Nigeria is a home for corrupt people ,both those in Government and the citizens (including most of the people on this thread), however this is not a reasonable method of doing cost comparison.

The two bridges are constructed many years apart, in different countries and with different materials.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by oyatz(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Fashola should be kill, that guy is a thief I don't know why Buhari is not seeing him as the real face of corruption in his government.

You talk out of ignorance sir.
Fashola don't have the powers to award contracts of that magnitude.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Na our papa dem, grandfathers, funeral candidates and rulers dey do all this things own..no wonder corruption only exists on paper in Nigeria.
I pray make youths begin turn there scamming ways to Nigeria rulers and government...it will be "chop-i- chop "
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Coldie(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:

So you are saying we should clap for buharis govt for using $39million to construct a cement bridge
Since you say u no want become president allow people way be president to enjoy the benefits of presidency na, abi na by force

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Coldie(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
Una just too mumu, seriously that's y anybody taking u Buhari hating Igbos seriously is fooling his or herself.

Build that has the potential of changing the fortunes of the east instead of una to happy, u people are criticizing the amount they are using to build it.

Sth that would open trading routes between the east and Cameroon una dae mumu unaself.

You people can't even think past your nose

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Ray07(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:
My own is that the quality of the Golden gate bridge cannot be compared to this Nigeria-Cameroon border bridge....
Mere looking at the bridge self fear they catch me grin
you no how many movies i don see that bridge grin

The designer suppose chop second award for after life.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by seunmsg(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:
My own is that the quality of the Golden gate bridge cannot be compared to this Nigeria-Cameroon border bridge....
Mere looking at the bridge self fear they catch me grin

It’s good to desire the same kind of quality that the Golden Gate Bridge represents. However, are you willing to pay the Naira equivalent of what Americans pay daily as toll to use the bridge?

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Lamasta(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ray07:
you no how many movies i don see that bridge grin

The designer suppose chop second award for after life.

I use to call the bridge San Fransisco bridge walai grin the bridge make sense seriously not all this quack design bridge we have here in Nigeria....
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Lamasta(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

It’s good to desire the same kind of quality that the Golden Gate Bridge represents. However, are you willing to pay the Naira equivalent of what Americans pay daily as toll to use the bridge?
Americans are paying and seeing the result but the one we are paying here are we seeing the result Just asking tho
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Ray07(m): 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:

I use to call the bridge San Fransisco bridge walai grin the bridge make sense seriously not all this quack design bridge we have here in Nigeria....
wetin Nigeria sabi for design grin grin
Look at the rubbish They erect everywhere say na architecture design

Which better architecture master piece you sabi for this country ? grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Lamasta(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ray07:
wetin Nigeria sabi for design grin grin
Look at the rubbish They erect everywhere say na architecture design

Which better architecture master piece you sabi for this country ? grin

Nothing o majority of our architects are politicians, related or supporters only few they practice the trade....

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by seunmsg(m): 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:

Americans are paying and seeing the result but the one we are paying here are we seeing the result Just asking tho

The Golden Gate Bridge was completed since 1937 and it has been tolled since then. Are you willing to pay about N4,000 daily for the next 80 years to use a bridge in Nigeria?

Are you aware that people are still protesting over the payment of toll on Lekki-Epe expressway?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by dragunov: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
seunmsg:

Is that the reason why they have to build something substandard? Is it by force to build bridge? Haha!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by emmy512: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
It's like I'm lost here,
First off is the golden gate bridge in Europe?
In as much as we all know thats heavily inflated price for such bridge how do you compare price used to build bridge decades ago with one now.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Ray07(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:
[/b]

Nothing o majority of our architects are politicians, related or supporters only few they practice the trade....
You have said it all grin
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Krak(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:
We live in a country with a government that is constantly redefining the team "Corruption"

The first picture below is the Golden gate bridge in Europe, it was constructed was $35 million dollars.

Second two pictures beneath it, is the Nigerian-Cameroon bridge, it was constructed $39 million dollars, with the current inflation rate thats #19,695,000,000 billion naira.
Please make una judge this government

Golden Gate Bridge is not in Europe. Golden Gate is located in San Francisco, California, USA.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by light193: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
When buari say Nigeria youth are lazy majority of themare on nairaland.cheack the fact before you post.
Coldie:
Make una dae lie small o.

San Francisco's City Engineer estimated the cost at $100 million (equivalent to $2.4 billion today), and impractical for the time. He asked bridge engineers whether it could be built for less.[11] One who responded, Joseph Strauss, was an ambitious engineer and poet who had, for his graduate thesis, designed a 55-mile-long (89 km) railroad bridge across the Bering Strait.[18] At the time, Strauss had completed some 400 drawbridges—most of which were inland—and nothing on the scale of the new project.[3] Strauss's initial drawings[17] were for a massive cantilever on each side of the strait, connected by a central suspension segment, which Strauss promised could be built for $17 million (equivalent to $404 million today).[11]

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Coldie(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:
The ibos will say Ego alala okporo
guy you are not igbo, why are u dragging us into your problem
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by seunmsg(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
dragunov:

Is that the reason why they have to build something substandard? Is it by force to build bridge? Haha!

How many kind of Golden Gate Bridge exist in the world? Is there any economic sense in spending over $500 million on a 1.5km bridge?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by KingOKON: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mbataku96:
We live in a country with a government that is constantly redefining the team "Corruption"

The first picture below is the Golden gate bridge in Europe, it was constructed was $35 million dollars.

Second two pictures beneath it, is the Nigerian-Cameroon bridge, it was constructed $39 million dollars, with the current inflation rate thats #19,695,000,000 billion naira.
Please make una judge this government

I never see MUMU like this, men you are the world most dumbest man.
Cow get sense pass you
Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by prosperouz(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
But why our river come dirty??see as there own make sense.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian-cameroon Bridge Vs The Golden Gate Bridge by Bundaweber: 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamasta:

which one have you paid? just asking a question

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Video Peter Obi Played In Court And Evidence Against INEC / Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC / Rochas Okorocha Wasn't Seeking For Votes When He Built This For The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.