Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me (3077 Views)

I Molested Her. How Can I Make Her To Forgive Me. / I Forced My Wife To Sleep With Another Man,will She Ever Forgive Me!?? / Can I Ever Forgive Her? Pls Advise On My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Hathor5(f): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Imagine a judge sentences the children of a criminal for the crimes the father has committed. Imagine the outrage if an innocent person was to serve a life time.

And people actually believe that their God is so cruel.

Well, I don't have to understand everything.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by amrichy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
Fountainofyouth:

Atheists be having headache on someone else's belief, Shut the fvck up and let others believe whatever they want to believe, it is not your business.
What if someone believes his god wants him to kill you for not believing in that god. Will it still not be your business?

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by crackhaus: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
Richy4:

Yea you are right.. I won't say I am David's biggest fan... I do not like to read that part....
The only man I have issues with though is Samson... If u hear a commotion in heaven someday, that a black man was fighting in heaven, Just know that it was me and Samson... I hated that man....

I will call him out for his foolishness some day... a woman asked u where your power was, and tied your hands for the enemy to take, was that not the best time to send her packing... she did it several times, abi she wan takeam cook soup?
E don tay wey women don dey make some men mumu dem selves my brother...

Sampson was a very SIMPle man cheesy
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
amrichy:

What if someone believes his god wants him to kill you for not believing in that god. Will it still not be your business?

Yes, same way in the old testament, God told prophets and kings according to the bible, to kill unbelievers, Catholics killed Protestants and unbelievers in the time of old, should we say they serve the true God and Christians of now don't? Same way some Muslims have it in their Quran boldly written for them to kill, is it all Muslims that kill unbelievers?

2 Likes

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Mystery9(m): 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
IT NEVER HAPPENED, IT’S JUST A FAIRLY TALE FROM THE HISTORY BOOK
I pity you.....
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mystery9:

I pity you.....
PITY YOURSELF, HUMAN WORSHIPPERangry
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by amrichy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
Fountainofyouth:

Yes, same way in the old testament, God told prophets and kings according to the bible, to kill unbelievers, Catholics killed Protestants and unbelievers in the time of old, should we say they serve the true God and Christians of now don't? Same way some Muslims have it in their Quran boldly written for them to kill, is it all Muslims that kill unbelievers?
You are actually corroborating my point.
When people have beliefs that can be harmful to others, it should be everyone's business to address that problem!
Imagine the atrocities Boko Haram has been causing in Nigeria over the years because of their idio-tic, delusional belief. Would you tell me it's none of my business to condemn such belief?

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
hybrid11:

you sabi but now d lady in question who had 19 abortions still got married and have 2kids now, do u think there's punishment for her or is it the innocent children that will suffer it
To me she shouldn't have kids but God still gave her kids
If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that the sin of murder is more grievous than most others.
And even though the Bible does not specifically rate sins, there are some scriptures which list out sins which God considers serious:

Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 A false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Regarding your question, I believe there MUST be punishment for the sin of murder. If it does not come to her in her lifetime, then it's possible that her children will bear the consequences IF they don't serve God justly.

Just take out some time and you would notice one thing about the children of David who suffered the consequences of the sin of their father; none of them were actually "innocent" – they were all guilty of one sin or the other, so it was easy for the prophecy of Nathan to befall them.

Oh and there's another sin which God considers very grievous. grin
This one is specifically tailored for someone like OBALOLA55 and his fellow unbelievers – people who have become 'too wise' in their own eyes that they now doubt the things of the spirit which have been written in the Bible:

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

I think it's always better to keep mute when one does not understand the things of the scriptures.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
crackhaus:

David may have been forgiven and God even still referred to him as a man after his own heart... BUT, the punishment for that sin was served to the very end as fortold by the Prophet Nathan in:

2 Samuel 12:10
Now therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’

Las las, all his children ended up fighting themselves and killing off each other one by one. grin
One of them even raped a half-sister and got murdered for it by her direct blood brother who found out – he himself was also killed I think... and so on and so forth. There was simply no peace among the children of David.

The one who successfully stayed alive and became King after David (King Solomon, second child of Bathsheba, former wife of Uriah) was a woman-wrapper who married many foreign women (who introduced their idols into Israel) and still kept numerous side-chicks.
By the time Solomon's son became King, 10 out of the 12 tribes of Israel refused to bow down to him and finally, Israel was divided into two kingdoms that continued fighting themselves for many years until Assyria and Babylon came and took them all into captivity.

All of the above happened just because of what?
The sin of David, a man after God's own heart. grin
YOU DEY READ HISTORY BOOK FOR DEM grin
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by crackhaus: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
YOU DEY READ HISTORY BOOK FOR DEM grin
I don already answer you grin

Check my previous comment.
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
amrichy:

You are actually corroborating my point.
When people have beliefs that can be harmful to others, it should be everyone's business to address that problem!
Imagine the atrocities Boko Haram has been causing in Nigeria over the years because of their idio-tic, delusional belief. Would you tell me it's none of my business to condemn such belief?

I'm not corroborating anything, Boko haram do what they do for selfish reasons so they cannot be ignored, not all Muslims KILL, that is my point, we have Muslims everywhere in Nigeria and the world at large, not all of them do the nonsense the extremists do, we cannot use a particular group to judge all muslims, get it clear.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Richy4:

Yea you are right.. I won't say I am David's biggest fan... I do not like to read that part....
The only man I have issues with though is Samson... If u hear a commotion in heaven someday, that a black man was fighting in heaven, Just know that it was me and Samson... I hated that man....

I will call him out for his foolishness some day... a woman asked u where your power was, and tied your hands for the enemy to take, was that not the best time to send her packing... she did it several times, abi she wan takeam cook soup?
YOU HATE A PROPHET OF GOD AND YOU THINK YOU WOULD MAKE HEAVEN

NA WA FOR YALL HUMAN WORSHIPPERS embarassed
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
crackhaus:

If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that the sin of murder is more grievous than most others.
And even though the Bible does not specifically rate sins, there are some scriptures which list out sins which God considers serious:

19 A false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Regarding your question, I believe there MUST be punishment for the sin of murder. If it does not come to her in her lifetime, then it's possible that her children will bear the consequences IF they don't serve God justly.

Just take out some time and you would notice one thing about the children of David who suffered the consequences of the sin of their father; none of them were actually "innocent" – they were all guilty of one sin or the other, so it was easy for the prophecy of Nathan to befall them.

This one is specifically tailored for someone like OBALOLA55 and his fellow unbelievers – people who have become 'too wise' in their own eyes that they now doubt the things of the spirit which have been written in the Bible:

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

I think it's always better to keep mute when one does not understand the things of the scriptures.
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED CHRIST YOUR FELLOW HUMAN TODAY
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by amrichy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Fountainofyouth:

I'm not corroborating anything, Book haram do what they do for selfish reasons so they cannot be ignored, not all Muslims KILL, that is my point, we have Muslims in everywhere in Nigeria and the world at large, not all of them in the nonsense the extremist do, we cannot use a particular group to judge all muslims, get it clear.

You are not getting my argument. My argument is not really about Boko Haram, I only used that to explain my point. We can argue about WHY Boko Haram do what they do if you want.
I quoted you when you made this statement: " Shut the fvck up and let others believe whatever they want to believe, it is not your business ."
So essentially, my argument is to correct that statement because sometimes what some people believe can be a problem for you and others, so it becomes your business! Bye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by livingchrist: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
crackhaus:

you are actually right, people who commit abortion dont know they are bringing a curse on themselves and their children.
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by mariahAngel(f): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED CHRIST YOUR FELLOW HUMAN TODAY

Take some few minutes to reflect and assume you can’t criticize the beliefs of others...

Let’s say that is taken away from you:
What else do you live for?
What gives meaning to your life?
Apart from condemning other people’s way of life, what is your purpose in life?
What makes you fulfilled?
What do you look forward to everyday?

Most atheists in Nigeria are just Haters of God in disguise, because if they truly were atheists, they wouldn’t care so much about who or what others believe in and spend so much time condemning.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Take some few minutes to reflect and assume you can’t to criticize the beliefs of others...

What do you look forward to everyday?

Most atheists in Nigeria are just Haters of God in disguise, because if they truly were atheists, they wouldn’t care so much about who or what others believe in and spend so much time condemning.
ME ATHEIST, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING . I WANT TO KNOW THE EXACT GODS HE IS REFERRING TO, HUMAN god (CHRIST) OR THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE ELOHIM/ALLAH/YAWEH/IAM THAT IAM WHICH ONE
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by mariahAngel(f): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ME ATHEIST, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING . I WANT TO KNOW THE EXACT GODS HE IS REFERRING TO, HUMAN god (CHRIST) OR THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE ELOHIM/ALLAH/YAWEH/IAM THAT IAM WHICH ONE

Why does the information matter so much to you?
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why does the information matter so much to you?
IF YOU DIE BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS GOD OR SON OF GOD, SORRY NA YOUR NAME O MARIA
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Adekunbimichael: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
Damn 19 souls.. Nwanne you're a killer
aigjoey:
I have had 19 Abortions.... Very wicked of me
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
amrichy:

You are not getting my argument. My argument is not really about Boko Haram, I only used that to explain my point. We can argue about WHY Boko Haram do what they do if you want.
I quoted you when you made this statement: " Shut the fvck up and let others believe whatever they want to believe, it is not your business ."
So essentially, my argument is to correct that statement because sometimes what some people believe can be a problem for you and others, so it becomes your business! Bye
[/s]

You can ignore what others believe in as long as it doesnt affect you or others negatively, that was my point in the first place as regards Christianity, that was why I typed what I typed in my first comment to the moniker I quoted, you were the one that brought in other religion especially Islam to prove a baseless point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by mariahAngel(f): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
IF YOU DIE BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS GOD OR SON OF GOD, SORRY NA YOUR NAME O MARIA

I’m willing to take the chance.

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

I’m willing to take the chance.
OK
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by stubbornman(m): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
WHEN YOUR BRAIN IS NOT CAPABLE OF MAKING A SOUND ARGUMENT.

You're a very shameful atheist, the most unintelligent one I've ever seen.... See how you're struggling to sound smart but wisdom is miles away from you...CUNT!!!

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by OBALOLA55(m): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2021
stubbornman:

You're a very shameful atheist, the most unintelligent one I've ever seen.... See how you're struggling to sound smart but wisdom is miles away from you...CUNT!!!
WHAT IS THIS HUMAN WORSHIPPER TALKING ABOUT undecided
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by bdchange(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
[s][/s]

You can ignore what others believe in as long as it doesnt affect you or others negatively, that was my point in the first place as regards Christianity, that was why I typed what I typed in my first comment to the moniker I quoted, you were the one that brought in other religion especially Islam to prove a baseless point.
You are just attacking him without paying attention to what he is addressing that you pointed out. What you typed corraborated his comments and he is still trying to let you know yet you are still making a fuss about it. Please read your first post carefully then read his response carefully too so you can understand his point without prejudice. I dont want to start looping over your statement to prove my point. He simply put it this way: When your believe endeagers others then it is my business to show concern. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Pweetyccee(f): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
19 abortion? Not possible abeg
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by hopefulLandlord: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
mariahAngel:

Take some few minutes to reflect and assume you can’t criticize the beliefs of others...

Let’s say that is taken away from you:
“Asking, "If there is no God, what is the purpose of life?" is like asking, "If there is no master , whose slave will I be?" If your purpose of life is to submit as a slave, then your meaning comes from flattering the ego of a person whom who should detest.”
Dan Baker

I'd assume he has all these locked down

They have to care because belief in god affects everything or everything is organised around it.

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
He's a merciful God. He'll forgive you if you confess and forsake your evil ways.

He says, even if your sin be as red as Scarlett, he'll wash and make you white as snow.
Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by armyofone(m): 4:55am On Aug 01, 2021
@ crackhaus

You are right at what you wrote. One thing - i don't understand why she will be the only one to carry the punishment? What about the guy that did it 19 times - the one that encouraged and paid for it ? Will his future generations partake in the punishment ?

19 times and still blessed with kids - count your blessings madam and serve your God well.

1 Like

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by crackhaus: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
armyofone:
@ crackhaus

You are right at what you wrote. One thing - i don't understand why she will be the only one to carry the punishment? What about the guy that did it 19 times - the one that encouraged and paid for it ? Will his future generations partake in the punishment ?

19 times and still blessed with kids - count your blessings madam and serve your God well.
His sin is not as grievous as hers – the 'generational punishment' is reserved for whomever has the greater responsibility of preserving life in a particular situation.

I know you will not agree sha... cheesy

If we start including everyone comnected to the sin, then even the doctor(s) and/or nurse(s) involved would serve punishment na, but it doesn't work that way.

Observe King David's story above; he didn't physically kill Uriah, he simply sent a letter to Joab one of his captains and that one connived with his co-captains by abandoning Uriah in the thick of battle.
If we go by your logic, then Joab and the remaining captains (historically known as David's mighty men) should serve the punishment too.

You people have turned me to a preacher on this thread, but let me show you a verse that kind of explains the 'concept' of greater responsibility when one or more people are involved in the same sin.

John 19:11
Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

That was Jesus talking to Pontius Pilate, kind of explaining how he (Pilate) ought not to feel personally responsible for allowing the Jews sentence him to death on the cross... even though he had the power to stop them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me by Femzaremz(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
“Asking, "If there is no God, what is the purpose of life?" is like asking, "If there is no master , whose slave will I be?" If your purpose of life is to submit as a slave, then your meaning comes from flattering the ego of a person whom who should detest.”
Dan Baker
I'd assume he has all these locked down

They have to care because belief in god affects everything or everything is organised around it.

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.
perfectly true!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Is Too Flirt! / Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg / Want to clear dark spots, sunburn, stretch marks, pimples & tone your skin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.